shape
carat
color
clarity

cross over settings - ideas? examples? pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi ladies :) (and gentlemen!) :)

i''m looking for example of cross over settings. my husbands and my 25th wedding anniversary is in september, and we''re having our yellow gold wedding bands melted down and remade into new rings. i also want to use a .25ct diamond in the arrangement to commemorate the number of years, and i''m looking for a setting small, low, and elegant. i''m not averse to using extra stones, but i predominantly want something simple which can be worn alone as a RHR.

so far i only have 2 designs and would love some ideas if anyone has any. pictures are great, but verbal suggestions would also be helpful - the options out there are NOT extensive!

crossoversetting.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
i forgot to say...

obviously the crossover setting is to symbolize tim (my husband) and i protectively holding and nurturing our 25 years together. :)

crossoversettinga.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
wow geckodani! you''re gooooood at this!!

thank you so much! i really like the ''ripple'' ring (the third link you listed). i''d LOVE to put a 1ct stone in it - just because i think it would look so great - but symbolism is symbolism, y''know? i thought about doing a scatter ring with a combination of 1.5, 2 and 3 pt stones, equalling 25 pts, but i just cant get past those ''hands holding a diamond'' - something precious, something unique, something what has weathered pressure and come out beautiful. we''re sending our old rings home to australia to be melted down so our anniversary rings can be made in our home town by jewelers who are friends of ours. one option we''re looking at is an argyle diamond for my ring - so my ring would have a diamond mined in australia. the finished product will be small, but it will be precious, and at this point in my life that''s what i''m looking for.

i''ll let you know what we choose! thank you again
35.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi krockie :)

that''s a beautiful ring. i am very interested in having this ring engraved, too. i can imagine engraved leaves somehow being worked into your setting - it''s gorgeous.

thanks for sharing your ring - these are exactly the sort of ideas i''m after. i had never considered a cross over setting which split into separate prongs - lovely!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about 1.25? 1 husband, 25 years
9.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
LOL diamondseeker! we''re on the same page tho. i was married on 9/1/1984. in australia we write the date the other way around - so my anniversary at home is written 1/9/1984. so i was considering 19+19+84...1.22ct - yay!

tim has actually been putting money away for this for 18 months, and has told me i could have whatever i liked, and about a gazillion times i''ve opened my mouth to say "3ct asscher!" but i keep biting my tongue (hard!) and saying "no, no - just a 25 pointer set in our original bands will be fine..."

so we''re both getting a band out of this and we''re spending the rest on a holiday together - something special. but can i just say - since i know you''re all kindred spirits here...

IT''S KILLING ME!!!

this is why, of course, i''ve been happily married for 25 years.
17.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Here is one from hkjewllery. I love their stuff.

3316_2.jpg

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
And gilletts from Australia. Check out the links; they have tons and tons more!

And then there is my ring but I have to go home to post pictures of it. I got my inspiration mainly from these two websites.

f15366a.jpg

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and krikawa. But this one doesn''t have many crossover designs.

R-EModSwirlTop.jpg

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I love twists and crossovers.

2175_2.jpg

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
I hope I''m not bombarding too many images...These are from the DiamondPeakGold.
I''m not too convinced on their craftsmanship, but they have unique designs.

Img1579_001.jpg

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Another.

tarket_10.jpg

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
And another.

14kt_wg_solitaire.jpg

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Then there is Mark Schneider. Not mainly crossover, but I think it can be a source of inspiration.

CascadeSub1.JPG

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
btw, I know you said simple, but I thought these rings could be a good start. I''m not a side stones person, but I''ve looked at all of these blingy complicated stuff for my design and took different parts and incorporated them.

EnchantementSub1.JPG

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Niwaka has quite a few, and their designs are just beautiful. You should check out their website.

redheadma

Rough_Rock
Love those Mark Schneider rings...and the Knox rings as well!

Just throwing out another style for you...

414_large.jpg

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 7:52:38 PM
Author: choro72
And gilletts from Australia. Check out the links; they have tons and tons more!

And then there is my ring but I have to go home to post pictures of it. I got my inspiration mainly from these two websites.

You could get one that has two stones, like this, and have the 25 pt stone be a pink Australian diamond, and the larger be 1.22! Numerology, anyone?
2.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
you ladies are diabolical!

seriously tho - these are some fabulous suggestions. the mark schneider ''sorta crossover'' with the ''kinda spit shank'' and the pave is utterly wonderful. i still really like the knox setting and that yellow gold ring with the princess cut stone opened my mind ot all sorts of possibilities. and choro72 thanks so much for all those pictures - ring design is one of those things where a picture really IS worth a thousand words, isnt it!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
WF does one called The Lily
linky

It is a tension set though, not sure if you''re keen on that.

lily tension.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 8:20:02 PM
Author: choro72
btw, I know you said simple, but I thought these rings could be a good start. I''m not a side stones person, but I''ve looked at all of these blingy complicated stuff for my design and took different parts and incorporated them.
Oh. My. God.

This ring is so utterly sublime.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
i''ve been looking and looking - and also talking to tim who dropped a bomb this morning by saying "i''m not sure i actually like that wavy looking setting - it looks twisted to me..." (he was referring to cross-over settings!)

so we''ve been looking at variations on a theme, alternatives, and more cross over setting that he *might* like - and these are the contenders (4 rings - will be in 2 posts) can i have your thoughts on these pls?

contendersa.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
and the next lot...

contendersc.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
just a note -

one of the drawbacks on the first 2 of those 4 rings is that i''m really not after another engagement ring. i switch up the rings i wear on my wedding finger every day; i have 2 engagement and weddings sets - one in rose gold an done in platinum; tim bought me both right at the start so i could match whatever else i was wearing. and i also wear a yellow gold set on occasion. this anniversary band would be to wear permanently on my right hand, and it would incorporate our old wedding rings, so it really would have more genuine connection to what i received the day i walked down the aisle than any of the other sets i currently wear as ''wedding and engagement'' rings. i guess i''m after something in appearance closer to a wedding ring than an engagement ring.

thanks again - your help has been incredible. all the rings i''ve just attached are from a link from choro72, and all my ideas thus far have been refined by the pictures you''ve sent me. your help has been terrific!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first one your posted. You should try to keep with your original thought (about the 2 of you wrapped around the stone) OR you may regret it. JMO, please keep us posted! Congratulations on 25 years, that is definitely an accomplishment!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
sorry! i forgot to mention - the cross over ring would probably be done with either a .32 or .50ct stone. the oval 3 stone would be .5ct with .25tcw on the sides. the diamond and sapphire ring would be probably 32 pts in the middle and flush set baguette diamonds on the sides, not sapphires. the plain baguette wedding-looking ring would be done with a .5ct stone, as opposed to the .25 stone shown. the bezel would be done in platinum, but the band of whichever ring we choose will be in yellow gold

laineybugger

Shiny_Rock
All beautiful, I luv the asscher with sapphires personally. Here is a site with some beautiful/unique ideas (fairly expensive but fun to look)

Bijoux

Attachments

• Flanders-Sapphire-Tingle-Ring1a.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 317
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results