shape
carat
color
clarity

Crooked prong on ring setting? Please help me decide!

ImSoWavy

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I just received my ring a few days ago and upon taking a closer look it seems that one of the prongs (bottom middle, specifically) may be crooked and pointing a bit towards the right.

Is this a big deal or not noticeable? I'm not sure if it's worth getting it reset/adjusted as I purchased it from an online retailer so I would need to ship it back to them, etc.

Thank you in advance!

20210921_112334.jpg

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
That's noticeably asymmetrical. I would send it back and the company who did the work should cover shipping.

ImSoWavy

Rough_Rock
That's noticeably asymmetrical. I would send it back and the company who did the work should cover shipping.

Thanks. I am now looking at the ring in different lighting and I'm not sure if it was appearing crooked due to the lighting I was in before.

Please see the pic below and let me know your thoughts? It looks fine to me now but I'm not sure at this point lol

20210921_120544.jpg

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Still looks noticeably asymmetrical to me. The distances between the bottom prong and the two adjacent prongs are not the same.

Last edited:

EClove

Shiny_Rock
I could see it in the first photo but not in the second photo so perhaps the angle / lighting was playing tricks on you? How does it look on a hand?

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
I can see it equally clearly in both photos. I am visually sensitive to symmetry. That would definitely be something I'd notice and never be able to get over

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I, too, see it in both. It is crooked…. I’d end up obsessing over it and you really want to obsess over the stone!!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I see it in both photos. It would be something I would obsess over.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
I agree it should be addressed, but it should be easy to have fixed either locally or by sending it back. What about the diamond? Are you happy with your choice? I remember your search a while back. it looks great in the pictures.

ImSoWavy

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the advice/help - I've decided I'll be taking this to a local spot to have it adjusted and express how disappointed I am to the retailer I bought it from :)

ImSoWavy

Rough_Rock
I agree it should be addressed, but it should be easy to have fixed either locally or by sending it back. What about the diamond? Are you happy with your choice? I remember your search a while back. it looks great in the pictures.

Hey man! Thanks that makes me relieved that you think it looks good. I think it's beautiful and I'm really happy with it. I still have a mental follow up in my mind to send you and wiz a final pic once I get the prongs properly aligned haha.

Nice to hear from you and thanks again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results