shape
carat
color
clarity

Crisscut ,Meteor,lili cut.. anybody know about these cuts?

nilrozi

Rough_Rock
hello all

after looking for special cuts that are not common i found several cuts like:
crisscut, meteor , lili cut and more that are made by a company called lili diamonds/ lili jewelry.

anybody knows about that company and are these cuts are only made by them?

thanks.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Crisscut ,Meteor,lili cut.. anybody know about these cut

I know Crisscut. One of my friends was in love with them. I don't know the other.

They hold a patent, that company. So no, others can't cut them exactly. But they can get close sometimes. Depends on the cut.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

nilrozi|1452672660|3975288 said:
hello all

after looking for special cuts that are not common i found several cuts like:
crisscut, meteor , lili cut and more that are made by a company called lili diamonds/ lili jewelry.

anybody knows about that company and are these cuts are only made by them?

thanks.
If they're a patented, branded cut, they are only made by them, and I'd suspect their copyrights and patents are vehemently protected. If you want a specialty cut, you're going to have to pay the premium to get it.

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

I have a few Crisscut pieces. I agree that you will pay a premium for most branded cuts though. One of their reps told me they get the stones cut through one company that goes by their cut specifications. Not sure if that is still true now because the company has grown quite a bit. :wavey:

solgen

Brilliant_Rock

These diamond cuts come at a premium and you can find competing brands that offer a similar look with their own trademark/branded cut name. GIA usually doesn't give them EX cut rating so if you can find them used they can be a pretty good deal as some just sell by GIA specs/grading.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just because a cut is branded/patented/expensive does not guarantee good cut and good light performance.
In fact, some are just the opposite.
Some branded cuts inherently have HORRIBLE light performance.
They are a sneaky way to increase profits by turning lemons into (what they convince the public is) lemonade.

Rough diamonds come from the earth in many shapes and proportions.
Some shapes cannot be cut into standard shapes without loosing TOOOOONS of weight.
So they invent new shapes, that are too shallow to have decent light performance.
Shallow diamonds let lots of light leak out the bottom instead of reflecting back to your eyes ... so they look flat, dull and lifeless ... though they DO give you a great view of the skin on your finger. :knockout:
Often a busy/pretty facet pattern will distract you so you don't notice the poor light performance.

Then they market and spin them and show them under jewelry store lights the can make a lump of coal sparkle. ... often boasting that a 1 ct looks like a 2 ct (because it's shallow which makes light leak out the back like a strainer :knockout: )
Actually if they sliced them into thin flat sheets a 1 ct could face up like a 20 ct. :lol:

Leakage is revealed by an ASET scope.
http://ideal-scope.com/using-aset-scopes/

So, buyer beware.

nilrozi

Rough_Rock

thanks all for the reply.

do you know where i can find a store that sell them in Europe?
prefer England or online..
thanks.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Amazingly enoigh I do not know that off the top of my head.

You know who would? The owner of the cuts. I'm sure they have a website. I suggest you use Google.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results