shape
carat
color
clarity

Crack in the diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glchen

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a diamond, set in an engagement ring from James Allen. When I look at it from the side, it looks like there is a line or a crack, parallel to the girdle, halfway between the girdle and the culet. Is this a crack that I should be worried about or a line from just the way that diamonds are cut, or something else? Unfortunately, I'm not able to take a picture of the diamond and have it in focus. The diamond is a round cut, 1.5 carat, and supposedly VS1 clarity w/ GIA cert. Thanks!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/24/2007 3:27:16 AM
Author:glchen
I recently purchased a diamond, set in an engagement ring from James Allen. When I look at it from the side, it looks like there is a line or a crack, parallel to the girdle, halfway between the girdle and the culet. Is this a crack that I should be worried about or a line from just the way that diamonds are cut, or something else? Unfortunately, I''m not able to take a picture of the diamond and have it in focus. The diamond is a round cut, 1.5 carat, and supposedly VS1 clarity w/ GIA cert. Thanks!
It is a subject that was just last week on another tread...
Its the reflection of the opposite girdle plane....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto DiaGem, I am sure you are fine
35.gif

Have a look at the pics in this thread to see if it is what you are looking at

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/distressed-about-si1.44514/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results