shape
carat
color
clarity

Coup de foudre - french-cut eternity band.

dianabarbara

Shiny_Rock
aaahh!! that's what we call a good husband!! :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jackpot :love:

It's GORGEOUS with your anniversary ring - the square stones and the square-ish head are a very 'mind-clean' match for me ::) It looks to be in nice condition, too, and that's so rare!!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, beautiful! I need to get me one of those! LOVE both the diamond one and the ruby one!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh be still my heart, I adore both of these bands!!! :love: :love: :love: Absolutely beautiful - congrats on finding such gorgeous pieces!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Adorable, so pleased for you that you finally found one - beautiful collection of bling there =)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
dianabarbara said:
aaahh!! that's what we call a good husband!! :lol:

Oh, indeed he is. To paraphrase "Withnail & I," though, a good husband he may be, but a photographer he is NOT. These aren't exactly playing up the faceting or anything, but they probably give a decent sense of scale.

dual_handshot_1.jpg

dual_handshot_2.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yssie said:

It's GORGEOUS with your anniversary ring - the square stones and the square-ish head are a very 'mind-clean' match for me ::) It looks to be in nice condition, too, and that's so rare!!

Heheh, thanks! I've worn my anniversary ring with my carre band, and while the overall shape has had that same pleasing effect, the internal faceting is MUCH better on this - pity about the sizing! But I'm certainly not going to complain ... hey, I can always size it up and wear it all on the right hand. :Up_to_something:

distracts said:
Beautiful, beautiful! I need to get me one of those! LOVE both the diamond one and the ruby one!

French cuts would look AWESOME with your beautiful sapphire, is all I'm sayin' .... :sun:

junebug17 said:
Oh be still my heart, I adore both of these bands!!! :love: :love: :love: Absolutely beautiful - congrats on finding such gorgeous pieces!

JuneBug, thank you so much!

Monnyjay said:
Adorable, so pleased for you that you finally found one - beautiful collection of bling there =)

Thanks Monny!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh....Yum,yum,yum!!! What an amazing collection of bling :love: Lucky, LUCKY girl!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE the french cut eternity band. I was just at Lang Antique Jewelry in SF today and tried on the French cut eternity band. I'm still deciding on whether to reset or find the perfect eternity band. It's down to this or an A. Link u-prong setting.

The work is amazing, and the millgrain detail is unbelievably fine. This is was $8250 for 1.96 carats. Pricey!! But my girlfriend and I both LOVED it!!! Sorry I don't know how to rotate these pics!

french_cut_clear.jpg

french_cut_eternity.jpg

french_cut_2.jpg

photo_109.jpg

I liked this a lot more with my solitaire than a five stone that I had returned earlier.

This is totally going on my save for list.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1355537000|3331739 said:
Yssie said:

Heheh, thanks! I've worn my anniversary ring with my carre band, and while the overall shape has had that same pleasing effect, the internal faceting is MUCH better on this - pity about the sizing! But I'm certainly not going to complain ... hey, I can always size it up and wear it all on the right hand. :Up_to_something:

I can see what you mean even in your pics - the french cuts have a totally different type of faceting, and I think overall I prefer it! Very different though.

Now all you need is a rose cut band to finish the collection :devil:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it, would like to see frenchies in person but can't imagine I will get the chance locally.

LURVE your collection.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is going on my most favorites list!

Lori

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe, :wavey: I should have said this earlier. Your rings are beautiful, ideal!! :love: :love: Sorry, I was so excited about sharing the real life french cut bands I saw that I totally forgot. I can only dream and takes pics in stores. Lucky girl!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really LOVE them both!!! :love: :love: :love:

(And I love the Lang one as well, but fortunately the price is too high!)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
natyLad|1355545267|3331817 said:
Ohhhh....Yum,yum,yum!!! What an amazing collection of bling :love: Lucky, LUCKY girl!!!

Thanks, Naty - I feel so fortunate to have stumbled across these!!!

LLJsmom said:
I LOVE the french cut eternity band. I was just at Lang Antique Jewelry in SF today and tried on the French cut eternity band. I'm still deciding on whether to reset or find the perfect eternity band. It's down to this or an A. Link u-prong setting.

The work is amazing, and the millgrain detail is unbelievably fine. This is was $8250 for 1.96 carats. Pricey!! But my girlfriend and I both LOVED it!!! Sorry I don't know how to rotate these pics!

french_cut_clear.jpg

french_cut_eternity.jpg

french_cut_2.jpg

photo_109.jpg

I liked this a lot more with my solitaire than a five stone that I had returned earlier.

This is totally going on my save for list.

LLJSMom, that looks AMAZING. I drool over Lang's selection on a regular basis, and their french-cut bands are a regular pit-stop for me. I wish I lived close enough to drop by in person - the one time I was in SF, I was running around like a crazy lady during a conference, so I didn't even have time to stop in! BAH. And it looks glorious with your solitaire. Do you have a thread on that baby? I would LOVE to see more of it ....

Yssie said:
Circe|1355537000|3331739 said:
Yssie said:

I can see what you mean even in your pics - the french cuts have a totally different type of faceting, and I think overall I prefer it! Very different though.

Now all you need is a rose cut band to finish the collection :devil:

Yssie, you are a wicked, wicked woman. :twisted:

I think I need to find a place to see some good rose-cuts in person, honestly - the ruby-and-diamond band that started this whirliwig going was a ruby-cushion, diamond rose-cut combo. And I know it's heresy, but in person? I was deeply unimpressed by the rose cuts performance. Now, they weren't very GOOD rose-cuts - no symmetry whatsoever to the faceting. But it definitely makes me want to see a good example up close and personal. The beautiful rough gold one from SingleStone is really slurpy in the pics, though. :cheeky:

Dreamer_D said:
Love it, would like to see frenchies in person but can't imagine I will get the chance locally.

LURVE your collection.

Thanks, Dreamer! The feeling is completely mutual. :love:

Maybe in Seattle? I remember LGK had a jewelry mall somewhere up around there, and if anybody would have them, I bet she would. I miss her posts ....

loriken214 said:
This is going on my most favorites list!

Lori

Lori, I'm flattered!!!

LLJsmom said:
Circe, :wavey: I should have said this earlier. Your rings are beautiful, ideal!! :love: :love: Sorry, I was so excited about sharing the real life french cut bands I saw that I totally forgot. I can only dream and takes pics in stores. Lucky girl!!!

Heheh - I didn't take any offense! And I loved seeing your shots. I've been wanting to see the Lang french-cuts in action for ages! There's a french-cut thread below - if you have any more, could I beg you to add them there? Then we can spread the love. :rodent:

diamondseeker2006 said:
I really LOVE them both!!! :love: :love: :love:

(And I love the Lang one as well, but fortunately the price is too high!)

DS, thank you! And I know what you mean. They have a 5-carat version that makes my eyes bug out of my head ... but it's 16K. Since I doubt I'm going to stumble over that one with a price-tag I can stomach, I'll just sit over here and drool quietly. :lickout:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think I'm kind of addicted to photographing these. And since I've finally unpacked enough to have found the lightbox I bought right before everything happened ... :sun:

So, first off: OH MY GOD HOW DID I NEVER GET A PRO SETUP BEFORE. This thing makes a huge difference. Even with the crappy tripod that came with it,I'm getting pics off the bat that I usually have to weed through dozens to get.

Second: I think I may have a new problem, since I just ordered a new tripod, and after that arrives, I'm sure I'll want a new camera, or halogen lights, or something. So, great, jewelry was my gateway drug to the land of pricey photography equipment. :errrr:

You guys are just going to have to put up with me posting a lot of photos, is all I can say.

ps_lightbox_01.jpg

ps_lightbox_02.jpg

ps_lightbox_03.jpg

ps_lightbox_04.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And a few more - I don't see myself stacking all of these IRL, but it's kind of a pleasing effect, in a Dorothy Draper, too much is never enough, kind of a way.

ps_lightbox_05.jpg

ps_lightbox_06.jpg

ps_lightbox_07.jpg

ps_lightbox_08.jpg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uuuuggggggggggh you're killing me with all these pictures. More, though, more! It's so pretty!

I would totally wear that four-band stack. It is very "WEAR ALL THE RINGS!" You're sure you can't fit that pretty e-ring on top of all the others? It looks like there's still finger space. (Jealous of your long fingers!)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:shock: :-o :shock:

STOP IT!!! These are hurting my brain - looking at their beauty and lusting after A) all of these VERY same bands and B) trying to do 'at home lipo suction' on my own hands... damn these fat fingers of mine!!!

Oh Circe!!! KEEP POSTING!! These are stunning - and I want your whole set - please please pretty please??? If I'm only allowed one, I'll take that ruby baguette band off your hands!!! (LOL --- "off your hands" :lol: :lol: :lol: !! Oh, I kill me!!!) hahahaha!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oooooo! What a treat on a rainy gloomy Saturday!

While I love every combo, your anniversary ring and diamond frenchies made me gasp. It's like a magical winter wonderland set. Stunning.

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
Oh, my.... This last batch of photos left me breathless. What a stunning collection you have!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe, I LOVE the millgrain french cut with your solitaire!!!!!!!!! You have to wear it like that, with the pink in between, just b/c you can. Stack these babies!! :love: :love:

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Love that stack so much!!! WOW!

Luxie

Shiny_Rock
OMG I WANT your french cut ruby band!!! I know, I can't have it lol! :love: I am also in love with your french cut eternity band and I WANT ONE TOO! :love:

P.S. Your ering setting is to die for! If I could find an antique setting like that for my stone I would snap it up in a heartbeat! You have some gorgeous rings!! :love:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Wooooo it's a beauty. I like your style lady! :appl:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous.. and that hamster is so cute! I love hamsters .. I remember them fondly from my childhood.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your awesome finds! Both bands are gorgeous!

Aerix

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE french cuts! :love: What you said about eBay reminded me...a few months back I saw a single ~0.60ct french cut diamond in an auction on there. I didn't bid on it because the starting bid was around $650 and I didn't really have the extra funds at the time. I'm not sure what it sold for (someone was bidding on it though) but I thought I'd see another one and alas...I haven't. ;( French cuts really are hard to come by on the second market. Congrats on the fabulous find! :appl:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
distracts|1355597505|3332119 said:
Uuuuggggggggggh you're killing me with all these pictures. More, though, more! It's so pretty!

I would totally wear that four-band stack. It is very "WEAR ALL THE RINGS!" You're sure you can't fit that pretty e-ring on top of all the others? It looks like there's still finger space. (Jealous of your long fingers!)

:snicker: - Well, I can, but it looks a little like a barber's pole when I do. I think I'll stick to the candy-cane look!

Enerchi said:
:shock: :-o :shock:

STOP IT!!! These are hurting my brain - looking at their beauty and lusting after A) all of these VERY same bands and B) trying to do 'at home lipo suction' on my own hands... damn these fat fingers of mine!!!

Oh Circe!!! KEEP POSTING!! These are stunning - and I want your whole set - please please pretty please??? If I'm only allowed one, I'll take that ruby baguette band off your hands!!! (LOL --- "off your hands" :lol: :lol: :lol: !! Oh, I kill me!!!) hahahaha!!

Heheheheheh - I giggled. I really, truly did. Thanks, Enerchi! I think you have lovely hands, btw, and that MINE are stubby. Do we all have a collective case of digital dysmorphia?

Rosebloom said:
Oooooo! What a treat on a rainy gloomy Saturday!

While I love every combo, your anniversary ring and diamond frenchies made me gasp. It's like a magical winter wonderland set. Stunning.

That is such a poetic description! Thank you. I'm wearing it like that a lot, or with my orange blossom band in between - will need to take some snaps to get your opinions on whether or not it's too much. :confused:

mamadelmar said:
Oh, my.... This last batch of photos left me breathless. What a stunning collection you have!

Thank you! I am definitely a fan of variety. :D

LLJsmom said:
Circe, I LOVE the millgrain french cut with your solitaire!!!!!!!!! You have to wear it like that, with the pink in between, just b/c you can. Stack these babies!! :love: :love:

Why, thank you! I pulled my original e-ring out for wearing (middle finger, right hand, now that my sizes have settled down a little post-baby), and I'm still trying to figure out the best balance. If the stackers are on the LEFT, then my RIGHT will still look relatively normal ... and I won't have to worry about diamond clashing against diamond! GENIUS!

EHR2009 said:
Love that stack so much!!! WOW!

Thank you so much!
Luxie said:
OMG I WANT your french cut ruby band!!! I know, I can't have it lol! :love: I am also in love with your french cut eternity band and I WANT ONE TOO! :love:

P.S. Your ering setting is to die for! If I could find an antique setting like that for my stone I would snap it up in a heartbeat! You have some gorgeous rings!! :love:

Thank you, I am really flattered! One of our other posters had a transitional she set in an identical repro - you can find them at a place called WannaBuyaWatch!

rosetta said:
Wooooo it's a beauty. I like your style lady! :appl:

Thanks, darlin' - the feeling is entirely mutual! I was admiring your gorgeous wedding jewelry the other day. :lickout:

alene said:
Congrats on your awesome finds! Both bands are gorgeous!

Alene, thank you!

CharmyPoo said:
Gorgeous.. and that hamster is so cute! I love hamsters .. I remember them fondly from my childhood.

I know, right? Dramatic Hamster may be my favorite video-clip ever. I dunno, I identify with rodents. Something about the love of cheese and the attraction to shiny things with which to line the nest.

Xiriah said:
I LOVE french cuts! :love: What you said about eBay reminded me...a few months back I saw a single ~0.60ct french cut diamond in an auction on there. I didn't bid on it because the starting bid was around $650 and I didn't really have the extra funds at the time. I'm not sure what it sold for (someone was bidding on it though) but I thought I'd see another one and alas...I haven't. ;( French cuts really are hard to come by on the second market. Congrats on the fabulous find! :appl:

Ooo, I wonder what it sold for! I totally missed seeing that one, or I would have been ALL OVER it. Kelpie has one that I think she said is 35 pts? It's gorgeous, you just see this fine line of sparkle like nothing else. So cool!

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Love, love, love! Your description of the French cuts in the sunlight, and the light box pics are especially dazzling. *major swooning* over here :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results