shape
carat
color
clarity

Could this be the right diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

searching4fire

Rough_Rock
First of all, I am absolutely a diamond novice.

I am currently looking at this diamond:
Round 1.32 carat
7.16-7.05x4.31
Cut Ideal "so they say"
Color I
Clarity SI1
Polish Ex
Sym Ex
Cutlet none
Flor. none
Depth 60.7%
Width 57%
Crown 14%
Pavillion 43%

My soon to be fiance and her circle of friends are not the type to go around showing off their certificates. So I basically just want something that looks good on her finger, as Im sure everyone else does. What are your opinions on this ring without being able to see it.

P.S. The certificate is EGL

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Is the Cert EGL USA or other? Depending on the EGL Lab, the Cert could be fairly accurate or actual color/clarity could be off by a grade level or two.

Frankly, I don't see calling the cut Ideal with a diameter variance of 0.11mm. I would think this would give the diamond an "out of round" appearance. That said, the HCA score, using the %'s was fairly good. 0.8, TIC, Ex/Ex/Ex/Vg. An HCA score obtained using %'s is not nearly as accurate as it would be if you had actual angle measurements. This diamond would still probably have an actual score below 2 and could be worth considering.

Make sure the Vendor has a solid, no questions asked return policy. Once you see the ring, if you like the diamond, get an independent appraisal performed ASAP (before your return period expires) to verify the grading and make of the diamond.
1.gif

searching4fire

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply. It is a Whiteflash stone with a price of $4442. Any other replies would be appreciated befor I get cold feet.
3.gif

searching4fire

Rough_Rock
Also you brought up a question I was wondering about. How can you tell where the EGL report came from, and which tend to be the most accurate.

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Here's a link to an old PS Thread about EGL Certs. Scroll down the page a bit to Giangi's post about Cert Numbers.

You might want to contact White Flash to verify which EGL lab the Cert is from. If I read Giangi's post correctly, this might be an Isreal Cert. The second number would stand for 2004, when the diamond was evaluated, which corresponds to what I read.
confused.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results