shape
carat
color
clarity

Could this be a middle finger ring?

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I have this lovely vintage ring that is part of my "work diamond" wardrobe. It's a little big for my RH ring finger and I've been considering making it a middle finger ring. I like those and don't actually have any. What do you think? Should I make it a little bigger for my middle finger or just have it made a little smaller for my ring finger? I apologize for the bite marks! :oops:

Ring.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the "ruffled" look on the edge all the way around, so pretty! I think it would make a great middle finger ring so that gets my vote!

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I actually like it on your RH ring finger. It looks really beautiful on that finger. But I’m not really a middle finger ringer wearer - they always seem uncomfortable to me.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I personally prefer wearing anything broad on my middle finger or even index to the ring finger. I feel it looks more balance (on middle) & chic (on index) =)2

Gorgeous ring :kiss2:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I don't know if wearing it on my middle finger will bother me while working or not, but I do think the width and shape of the ring is fitting for it. I'm not sure I would wear it as an index finger ring though. I've never adorned more than one finger per hand. Besides, if I don't like it, it'll be easy enough to have it made smaller again.

Do you think keeping it with its original thin width band would be more comfortable than a slightly thicker squared euro shank?

I realized I failed to list any specs. This is approximately 1.2 tcw F/G VS Transitional/Early MRB center stones, approximately .32-.33 ct per center stone, 14k, estimated to be from the late 30s to early 40s. I really love the look of these vintage rings, I don't see anyone else in my circles wearing them, and I LOVE that....

voce

Ideal_Rock
I personally would prefer it on the middle finger. I think with wearing a ring on any finger, you need to become acclimated to it, and lots of folks have not yet gotten used to wearing rings on their middle finger.

Personally, I never like to load up all this bling weight on any one finger, and the ring looks too heavy for the ring finger to me. I prefer to wear anything with a more substantial weight on the middle or index fingers.

Starfacet

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It would look great as a middle finger ring!! If you wear it there, you could go with a wider shank.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for middle finger ring. It has great presence.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it on any finger. I used to wear middle finger rings. I don't currently have any rings big enough I don't think. My mom used to say "rings on every finger, bells on every toe."

EC8

Shiny_Rock
One vote for keeping the thinner shank, personally I find it much easier to wear.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think any finger is fair game on the right hand.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Haven't had a chance to get it sized yet, but I was having either a skinny finger day (in summer??) or I've lost weight and I was able to sample it on my middle finger. I don't know if I don't like it or I'm just not used to a middle finger ring?

Would you prefer it as is, or a middle finger ring?

Middle Finger.jpg

Middle Finger2.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMHO, I prefer it on the middle finger than the ring finger, and it is a beautiful ring.

Personal preferences and all that.

DK :))

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like it on both. I know - I’m no help!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ring finger but I’m also not a middle finger ring fan! Lovely ring.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven't had a chance to get it sized yet, but I was having either a skinny finger day (in summer??) or I've lost weight and I was able to sample it on my middle finger. I don't know if I don't like it or I'm just not used to a middle finger ring?

Would you prefer it as is, or a middle finger ring?

Middle Finger.jpg

Middle Finger2.jpg

Looks awsome !
It actually looks perfecf
like it was made for that finger
Very flattering

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's beautiful on any finger.
But what do the doggies say?
They're the ones who will get to see it most! :lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks nice on the middle finger, it would give a little sparkle the next time you need to silently tell someone off :lol-2:

Do you like it? That is the most important.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results