Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Could this be a middle finger ring?

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
I have this lovely vintage ring that is part of my "work diamond" wardrobe. It's a little big for my RH ring finger and I've been considering making it a middle finger ring. I like those and don't actually have any. What do you think? Should I make it a little bigger for my middle finger or just have it made a little smaller for my ring finger? I apologize for the bite marks! :oops:

Ring.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I actually like it on your RH ring finger. It looks really beautiful on that finger. But I’m not really a middle finger ringer wearer - they always seem uncomfortable to me.

Slick1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This won’t answer the question, but I think your ring is just beautiful! On any finger!
This ^
I personally don’t find middle finger rings comfortable but if you do, go for it. It’s got enough presence to work there.
It’s super pretty!! I too love the frilled outline of it.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I don't know if wearing it on my middle finger will bother me while working or not, but I do think the width and shape of the ring is fitting for it. I'm not sure I would wear it as an index finger ring though. I've never adorned more than one finger per hand. Besides, if I don't like it, it'll be easy enough to have it made smaller again.

Do you think keeping it with its original thin width band would be more comfortable than a slightly thicker squared euro shank?

I realized I failed to list any specs. This is approximately 1.2 tcw F/G VS Transitional/Early MRB center stones, approximately .32-.33 ct per center stone, 14k, estimated to be from the late 30s to early 40s. I really love the look of these vintage rings, I don't see anyone else in my circles wearing them, and I LOVE that....

voce

Ideal_Rock
I personally would prefer it on the middle finger. I think with wearing a ring on any finger, you need to become acclimated to it, and lots of folks have not yet gotten used to wearing rings on their middle finger.

Personally, I never like to load up all this bling weight on any one finger, and the ring looks too heavy for the ring finger to me. I prefer to wear anything with a more substantial weight on the middle or index fingers.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it on any finger. I used to wear middle finger rings. I don't currently have any rings big enough I don't think. My mom used to say "rings on every finger, bells on every toe."

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Glorious Green Diamond Ring
    Glorious Green Diamond Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Phenomenal 3.01ct Cushion Brilliant Cut Engagement Ring
    Love Conquers All- Quarantined and Engaged
    Love Conquers All- Quarantined and Engaged

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.