shape
carat
color
clarity

Could my AGS certified diamond really be a moissanite?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gammongirl

Rough_Rock
and the very last one! thanks so much!

100_0789.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 4/22/2009 1:19:54 AM
Author: gammongirl
Again, thank you for all of the feedback. Unfortunately, we''re not going to be able to get it to the appraiser until early next week. I will definitely post the outcome once we hear!

Since patience is not my best quality, I''m hoping people will help keep me from staring at the ring and going loopy until next week by checking out some additional pictures of the ring for me- this is simply to entertain my fantasy that one of my photos will either CLEARLY show green tint or CLEARLY show that warm yellow tone mentioned earlier. If not, just enjoy the pictures of the ring whatever the stone turns out to be and we''ll get the real answer next week. I also plan to read up on how to take a quality photo of the ring. Until then, I''m posting a photo that does not have the green and tan countertop in the background.

One more thing, what would be a reasonable price to pay for this appraisal? Thanks!
You may have told us what color your stone is?
Again please?

I very much doubt it is moissanite - it is definetly not CZ.
So please don''t loose sleep.

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
I will follow Garry:
From the pictures, it doesn''t look like moissanite.
I''ve owned some moissanites, and they really don''t look like your stone.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks like diamond to me in the pics but you really cant tell from pics for sure.
Tell the appraiser the story and hopefully they will just let you do an ID rather than a full appraisal.
I wouldn''t expect that to be over $30 or so.

Rock Your Socks

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/22/2009 1:19:54 AM
Author: gammongirl
Again, thank you for all of the feedback. Unfortunately, we''re not going to be able to get it to the appraiser until early next week. I will definitely post the outcome once we hear!

Since patience is not my best quality, I''m hoping people will help keep me from staring at the ring and going loopy until next week by checking out some additional pictures of the ring for me- this is simply to entertain my fantasy that one of my photos will either CLEARLY show green tint or CLEARLY show that warm yellow tone mentioned earlier. If not, just enjoy the pictures of the ring whatever the stone turns out to be and we''ll get the real answer next week. I also plan to read up on how to take a quality photo of the ring. Until then, I''m posting a photo that does not have the green and tan countertop in the background.

One more thing, what would be a reasonable price to pay for this appraisal? Thanks!
gammongirl, regardless of what your stone ends up being may i say your ring is absolutely beautiful and looks great on you.

gammongirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks again, great info (and thanks for the compliments). Even though I didn''t think I was too worried, I am going to sleep a little easier tonight! Will definitely keep you posted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results