shape
carat
color
clarity

Could I have some Dust, Pretty Please?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
*sprinkles*

jas

Brilliant_Rock
You can do it! These programs, I believe in my heart, are as much about jumping through hoops to make it into the "club" as they are about research. That''s just how it''s been since the dawn of academia.

The work you are doing is the stuff of angels and I thank you for it!

Rock on with your bad self!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honey I just saw this!

((HUGE HUGS)) you are such a compassionate, wonderful warm shining LIGHT of a person, and the work you do is so SO huge and amazing, and your dedication to it is just awe-inspriring. I know you''ve been stressed and overworked and so very focused on this goal for such a long time, I just know its going to pay off in spades right now. I KNOW IT.

You know that I care for you very much, both as a PSer and as a friend. I can''t wait to celebrate victory with you in the city when this is over. My treat. You will get through it.

And if there is anything I can do... just give me a tap... you know how.

((HUGS)) ((HUGS)) and more ((HUGS))

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
awww...thanks you guys.

Jas - I think you are absolutely right about the jumping through hoops, although on the other hand I tend to think that as painful as it is and even though it sometimes seems pointless, this intensive preparation and thinking and re-thinking of all that I''m doing probably does improve the quality of the research, which is the whole point, right??

Gypsy honey, you are so incredibly sweet. Your words are so heartwarming. I just saw your thread about your poor Grandpa - I''ve got everything I have crossed that he makes a speedy recovery and I''m sending some good thoughts your way as well as I know how difficult this must be for you.

Its funny what so many of you say about this work - it seems so tedious and run-of-the-mill most days but its nice to read messages like these and step back a little bit mentally and realize that even in my own (very) small way I''m making a contribution. This is probably not what I''m going to be doing with the rest of my life, but for now it is important work and I know that despite the incredible stress and pressure I''ll be glad I did it when I look back on it later in life (at least I better be, right
20.gif
14.gif
)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Awwww, AG, just saw this thread. Holding good thoughts and sending hugs (from me) and head bonks (from Boo)!!!

xoxoxoxo!

Lynn

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Lynn - I''m reaching new heights of anxiety here, but trying to stay as calm and focused as possible. And keep reminding myself it will all be over in less than 24 hours
14.gif
23.gif
20.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, just wanted to leave an update - the meeting went really well. My advisor told me I did a great job, and I heard through the lab grapevine that one of the other committee members had high praise for the presentation as well. My advisor even thought that my goal of finishing in less than a year was totally do-able when we talked later, and possibly even sooner than that. So thank you all so so much for all the dust - it seems to have done its job admirably.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

And now, back to the grind (but at least there's an end to this degree in sight, finally)
9.gif

ETA: Lynn, I would have to recommend Ragdoll therapy to anyone suffering from anxiety - Mr. Ollie spent the entire time that I couldn't sleep last night (about 3 hours starting around 3am) happily curled up on or near me, just purring up a storm - SO SWEET
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY AMBER!!!!! Fabulous news my dear!!! I''m so happy that it went well and that the buzz was totally positive. NOT that we had any doubts, mind you. But I''m very very happy for you! The end is in sight!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Now we can have another PS GTG!!!
27.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awww...thanks Layla
9.gif
You definitely know how to make a girl feel loved
10.gif

Definitely time for another PS GTG - I could definitely use some relaxing time...
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results