shape
carat
color
clarity

Costco

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
I enjoy Costco also.In fact the other day i dropped them a note in their suggestion box that they are doing well.I buy quite a bit ( mostly what was mentioned) because their return policy is great, so if I don''t like it I take it back.Sometimes not even opened.
Years ago I used to go with the list and just bought what I had on my list.Then one time went with my girlfriend and she was spending so much time going all over the store.When I asked her what she was looking for she said: I don''t know I will know if I see it" She said at Costco you need to see what they have first and then buy what you need.She introduced me to a different style of shopping.Mind you with their return policy it works fine.I do not shop like this in other stores.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 6:56:38 PM
Author: Mara

i thought Costco and Sams Club were basically the same thing like just different regional areas?

They''re the same concept. But really different. Let''s just say that it''s like the difference between Target and Walmart. Costco is like Target (from the clientele to the selection of products) and Sam''s Club is like Wal-Mart (ditto).

So, we don''t shop at Sam''s Club but can''t wait to get our own Costco here!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 3:05:17 PM
Author: scarleta
Years ago I used to go with the list and just bought what I had on my list.Then one time went with my girlfriend and she was spending so much time going all over the store.When I asked her what she was looking for she said: I don''t know I will know if I see it'' She said at Costco you need to see what they have first and then buy what you need.She introduced me to a different style of shopping.Mind you with their return policy it works fine.I do not shop like this in other stores.
Now see THIS is what gets me into trouble!!! I so don''t need it just because they are selling it, but sometimes it''s just such a great deal...
20.gif

The birthday cakes at Costco are AMAZING. We really don''t need to shop in bulk... just the two of us in a tiny house... but FI says "retail is for suckers". I try to remind him of that when he''s annoyed I didn''t finish the 10 lb. sack of oranges!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Sumbirde just enjoy the experience of shopping.You know when you return a product you don''t need you will have extra money to spend..I would never shop in this fashion had I not been introduced to it.Sometimes if you don''t buy it its gone next time you really want it and at Costco sometimes the item just never is back.So just enjoy it..

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It happens. We do it too. We are only two people but we do shop there for many things... and yes, we stroll around sometimes just to see what they have, and sometimes just impulse buy... but it's happening less and less, as we live so close to one that if we see something, we can usually go home, think it over and then get it when we are sure.

Their two pack fans are a great example. The tower ones with one REALLY big on, and one small one. We saw it, kept seeing it... then shopped around, came to the conclusion that it was the best deal and bought it. Summers are much hotter and LONGER out here and electricity costs a lot more. But I didn't think of a fan as a solution till I saw it sitting there.

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 2:37:03 PM
Author: Linda W
LOL LOL. They have a lot of samples don''t they.

My DH loves their hot dogs. After shopping we eat lunch their. I will have their salad and he their hot dog. Reasonable prices too.

Linda

hahah,
nah, we go to the food court.

Although occasionally we''ll browse some samples.

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 2:37:03 PM
Author: Linda W
LOL LOL. They have a lot of samples don''t they.

My DH loves their hot dogs. After shopping we eat lunch their. I will have their salad and he their hot dog. Reasonable prices too.

Linda
Me too. An old Costo store used to be near my workplace and I would go there to get the hot dog for lunch.

On another topic, I think there was a NY Times article on the CEO of Costco and he was talking about ketchup and how one brand was better than the other and that was what he chose to stock at Costco. (Veiled reference to his competion).

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 6:37:24 PM
Author: neatfreak
Ugh, we don''t have a Costco here!!! Just Sam''s Club, which I don''t think is nearly as good. I miss it. FI says that we''re supposed to be getting one this fall, but I can''t find any information to confirm it! I am so jealous!

we don''t have one either
20.gif

just a sam''s club. sigh.
i doubt we''ll ever get one.

i''ve never even been to a costco
23.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE Costco! We have an Executive Membership that pays for itself with the rebate check we receive.

They have a great eyeglass place.

....and....my mouth waters thinking about their homemade chicken soup! It''s made from yesterday''s rotisserie chicken (which is the best on the market! especially at $4.99!). It''s chock full of chicken & veggies!
1.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 5:44:43 PM
Author: fire&ice
I LOVE Costco! We have an Executive Membership that pays for itself with the rebate check we receive.
That's what we have too.
1.gif

I totally forgot - their rotisserie chickens are HALF the price of the supermarket and SO yummy!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Costco and have the executive membership as well.

I had the interesting experience of going to the Costco corporate office a year ago and making a "pitch". Let me tell you, it was tough! So many people in suits in the lobby looking nervous with their products. They have a bunch of these small, sterile rooms off the lobby and you go and do your 15 minutes. I can agree that Costco''s target clientelle is upscale and if given the choice, they''ll pick your more expensive product...but you''d better give them the best price around.

My product is finally going to be there this week...over a year later I got in! We''re taking a trip there later this week and I''m taking a camera, lol. I''ll probably get kicked out since you''re not supposed to take pics in stores, I''m sure.
41.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Well I LOVE their chocolate chip cookies- so yummy especially nuked in the microwave. I cant buy anymore though, I need to lose weight. Beyond those my husband likes their electronics & alcohol. I buy babywipes, big boxes of Kirkland diapers which are made by Huggies but a little cheaper. I also get my eye exams there.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to you on having your product at Costco.Hopefully it will make you financially secure for ever and ever and happy also.Wishing you lots of luck and you know many of us go there so most likely we will buy it..

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/9/2007 1:44:06 AM
Author: scarleta
Congratulations to you on having your product at Costco.Hopefully it will make you financially secure for ever and ever and happy also.Wishing you lots of luck and you know many of us go there so most likely we will buy it..
LOL, thanks but you made me laugh. I wish it was *my* product, but alas, it''s just the company I work for. I''m just making someone else rich. I''ll just have to keep on working and simply dreaming of big diamonds...
1.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Costco''s Berry Smoothie is to die for!! YUM YUM and so Cheap!

I love Costco!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
TG, Congrats!!!!!
36.gif
They have yummy churros but I stay away due to the calorie content! I love their carrot cake for birthday parties! I buy toilet paper, paper towels and the Costco brand 12 and 32 oz waters. A bottle of the large water I take to the gym and it only cost .25 cents!!! I love their smoked salmon. The list goes on; did I tell you their books are cheap!!! I buy paper backs for $5!!! Hehehe I am in love with the place
30.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
"thanks but you made me laugh. I wish it was *my* product, but alas, it''s just the company I work for. I''m just making someone else rich. I''ll just have to keep on working and simply dreaming of big diamonds..".
Sorry did not read it properly here.O well perhaps I was just wishing its your product...Maybe one day? Who knows really...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results