shape
carat
color
clarity

Costco

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Might seem silly to post this but I was just reflecting on how MUCH I love costco... so I thought I''''d post and see what your favorite buys are from there.

My favorite deals right now are their Turkish Bath Sheets , Kirkland brand. No shrinking or deforming and SUPER thirsty, thick and soft.

Oh and this Norton red wine (don''''t recall they type of wine.. but a merlot, cab or shiraz) but it is really good.

What''''s your favorite thing(s) to buy there?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops. Thought I was on Hangout, not RT.

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
I alway ogle the Mango cheesecake. mmmm....

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy,
I think we think the same on this one. heehehe Oh, if it makes you feel better, I accidentally posted a question about Sweepers on SMTR. LOL. I am glad I am not the only one it happens to
2.gif

I LOVE COSTCO
30.gif

They pay their employees well = happy employees = happy customers. The average shopper income is $74,000 (just background info I learned from 20/20). If you want to read more see this. http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Business/story?id=1362779

We buy everything there; we have the Costco American express. I buy jewlery, purses, teak outdoor furniture, hose reels, name brand clothes, kitchen gagets, realtor, FRESH PRODUCE, Fish, meat, long distance service, Cakes, Tires, eye glasses! Those are just the few I buy. . . oh yeah, books for cheap!

I go weekly to Costco; my cousin is the Store manager and she laughs because she told me she sees my sister and I at Costco often. I love all the bargins, the happy employees and mostly the fresh fruit!!!

Gypsy I bought sheets their too, pillows, shoes (Cole Haan for hubby), polos Ralph Lauren for BIL, my cell phone. I even convienced friends at work to join. They tease me that I should work for Costco. . . I wonder if they need accountants. heehee
9.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 4:07:26 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Oh.......... I love Costco. Yes, I am a huge fan. They have a fabulous chocolate cake too.. Its monsterous. LOL They also have this raspberry chipotle sauce.. OH YUM.. poured over cream cheese with crackers, its incredible..

I have a ton of reasons to love that place. And their photo department is outstanding too.
OH!!! Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me the brand of that sauce? I bought it ONCE and loved it, and then the Costco (in MD) didn''t carry it anymore.

I didn''t think it was still available, but if it is... I''m going to call my costco and check, if not when my cousin drives up from san diego next time I''m going to tell him to throw a couple bottles in his car for me.

It''s SO good on pork tenderloin!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 4:18:54 PM
Author: Skippy123
Gypsy,
I think we think the same on this one. heehehe Oh, if it makes you feel better, I accidentally posted a question about Sweepers on SMTR. LOL. I am glad I am not the only one it happens to
2.gif

I LOVE COSTCO
30.gif

They pay their employees well = happy employees = happy customers. The average shopper income is $74,000 (just background info I learned from 20/20). If you want to read more see this. http://abcnews.go.com/2020/Business/story?id=1362779

We buy everything there; we have the Costco American express. I buy jewlery, purses, teak outdoor furniture, hose reels, name brand clothes, kitchen gagets, realtor, FRESH PRODUCE, Fish, meat, long distance service, Cakes, Tires, eye glasses! Those are just the few I buy. . . oh yeah, books for cheap!

I go weekly to Costco; my cousin is the Store manager and she laughs because she told me she sees my sister and I at Costco often. I love all the bargins, the happy employees and mostly the fresh fruit!!!

Gypsy I bought sheets their too, pillows, shoes (Cole Haan for hubby), polos Ralph Lauren for BIL, my cell phone. I even convienced friends at work to join. They tease me that I should work for Costco. . . I wonder if they need accountants. heehee
9.gif

Nice to know I'm not alone!
2.gif

I TOTALLY agree. If there were an opening for me I'd RUN for it.

I buy a ton of stuff there.

All my paper products for the home. Papertowels... to office paper.
I buy fresh produce there.
Meat.
Cheese.
Cheesecake fro birthdays or parties.
Shoes for myself and DH.
Clothes for working out ... or nightgowns.

I always check costco before going anywhere else.
I haven't bought sheets from them yet, but am probably going to next time I see a color I like there.

And thier return policy makes it no risk!
If it shrinks (towels), if it doesn't last (cookware with lifetime warranties), if it breaks (electronics)... they take it back, apologize and give you either store credit (if you don't have your receipt) or cash!

Wonderful place.

I also love thier trumpet mushrooms. I'm a mushroom fiend that those are just fabulous.

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
I just got back from Costco! I just love it. One of my favorites from there is their brushetta (sp?), very yummy. My DH makes fresh carrot and apple juice, so we buy the 10 pound bags of each. Much cheaper than the regular supermarket. I buy all my paper products from there and my absolute favorite thing is those squares of aluminum foil they sell. Sounds stupid but they are the perfect size and they come in the pop up box.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
What do I love about Costco? ... EVERYTHING!

I shop there weekly without fail and only go to a regular grocery store when I am absolutely forced to (i.e., I need a certain ingredient for a recipie or Costco doesn't carry a specific item I need so I'm forced into a Ralph's or Von's Grocery store).

I buy clothes, electronics, household items, ALL our meat, poultry, baked goods, cheeses and produce. I fill my pantry and freezer to the brim and then just whittle away at it by using/defrosting just what I need. The cost savings are phenominal. I was spending $300/week easy at the grocery store. Now I'm spending half that and getting more than double the quantity. Now that's value!

I oogle the jewelry counter and check out the purses every time I go in to see what's new. I once bought a Prada shoulder bag there I just loved! They never carried it again, but I always check to see if another Prada will show up in the display case.

The employees are very friendly and helpful. Their return policy is great too.

I only wish the other shoppers could be as considerate as the Costco employees! My pet peeve is when lazy customers leave frozen or refrigerated foods in the aisles because they are too lazy to take it back to the refrigerator/freezer sections!!!
29.gif
What a waste!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE Costco.

Their roses are awesome, last longer than most other stores.
Filet Roasts
Paper Towels
Napkins
Paper Towels
Dishwashing liguid
Detergent
Dixie cups for the bathrooms
Plastic cups
Cheesecake
Kirkland trash bags

But I cannot buy a huge jar of mayonnaise, yuck, have to skip that aisle.

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Guacamole. I don''t know what kind it is (though the hostess of the party said "Doctor" something...) but she threw some lime juice in it and served it at her Cinco de Mayo celebration Saturday, and it was FANTASTIC. I don''t even LIKE guacamole, generally, but this stuff made me a believer!!
9.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Fish -- the unbelievable caterer for my wedding gets all his fish there. Good enough for him, way more than good enough for me.

Ha! What DON''T I get at Costco?

mommy3girls1boy

Rough_Rock
I am new here and mostly just lurk. However, I had to comment that I am addicted to Costco. I have to pass by it to pick up my daughter from school. I enjoy looking there and shopping there. I buy just about everything from Costco. I have four children and we need to buy in bulk anyway. Ha! Ha! I buy diapers, wipes, food, cleaning supplies, snacks, household items, and hopefully even some jewelry soon. I love everything there.
30.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh, we don''t have a Costco here!!! Just Sam''s Club, which I don''t think is nearly as good. I miss it. FI says that we''re supposed to be getting one this fall, but I can''t find any information to confirm it! I am so jealous!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh neatfreak I''m sorry! I really am! Hopefully it''s more than a rumor!

Kirkland and Trader Joes are just about the only two generic brands I take a risk on.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i don''t go to costco anymore, because it was so bad for my wallet when i did, but i do have my classic favorites...sometimes i tag along with a friend when they go.

--Flowers (huge bunches of roses for cheap!)
--Bulbs (for spring or summer they have the best prices on big bags...and great quality too)
--Cakes (i have had a few of these for birthday/work parties and they are always SOOO good, top bakery quality)

i thought Costco and Sams Club were basically the same thing like just different regional areas?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love me some Costco!!!

flowers
chicken breasts
whole chickens
bags of lemons and limes
grapes
cereal (special k red berries - so much cheaper there!!)
milk
butter
4 cheese blend (mexican) shredded cheese
goat cheese logs (so much cheaper there!)
bread
garbage bags
dishwasher tablets
laundry detergent

I also have to say I love their pack of 5 nightlights that flash different colors and have light sensors. They rock!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mara: LOL LOL, I KNOW what you mean. Rick and I go in there for TWO things and come out with a full cart.

We LOVE their meat. Always so tender and juicy. Rick loves their pork ribs. I buy my roasts there. Really love everything there.

We buy for the grandkids there. Peanut butter, their snacks to give to my daughter and SIL.

Love their towels, fruit, veggies, they have great corn on the cob, artichokes, asparagus, etc. You name it, they have it.

We also love their Cattlemen''s BBQ sauce. I love that on my BBQ chicken. It is sooooooooooooooo yummy.

Yes, their cheesecakes are delicious. I saw their mango cheesecake, will have to try it. Have you ever tried their cobblers or crisps? Forget what they were called. haven''t seen them lately. OMG they were to die for. had them in cherry or apple.

Linda P.S. We get our lunch meat there too. Their large Kirkland brand hams are absolutely delicious. You put their glaze on them during the last few minutes of cooking. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good. Has anyone tried those??????????

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 5:36:10 PM
Author: Gypsy
Date: 5/7/2007 4:07:26 PM

Author: SanDiegoLady

Oh.......... I love Costco. Yes, I am a huge fan. They have a fabulous chocolate cake too.. Its monsterous. LOL They also have this raspberry chipotle sauce.. OH YUM.. poured over cream cheese with crackers, its incredible..

I have a ton of reasons to love that place. And their photo department is outstanding too.

OH!!! Can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me the brand of that sauce? I bought it ONCE and loved it, and then the Costco (in MD) didn''t carry it anymore.

I didn''t think it was still available, but if it is... I''m going to call my costco and check, if not when my cousin drives up from san diego next time I''m going to tell him to throw a couple bottles in his car for me.

It''s SO good on pork tenderloin!

http://jelly.com/products/sauce.htm#origrasp

Gypsy, is this the one you want? I buy this all the time, we can get it in our grocery stores here in Houston. This link will take you to the jelly and sauce store in Fredericksburg Texas. Yee Haw!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never been to one. Is there one in NY? When I first came to the US, I was highly entertained by Meijer.

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 9:28:32 PM
Author: Harriet
I''ve never been to one. Is there one in NY? When I first came to the US, I was highly entertained by Meijer.

There is no Costco in Manhattan- it''s a wholesale club warehouse place- there is a BJ''s whole sale club, which is somewhat comparable in Queens. I used to go there- I like BJ''s because some of them had adjoining auto places w/ great deals on tires and such.
Honestly though buying in bulk when you live in Manhattan is somewhat silly- don''t have huge pantries and fridges, so it''s tough to store stuff.

My mom bought us an EXCELLENT set of sheets from costco as a house-warming gift- they are SO nice.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, you have to buy in bulk? Didn''t know.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 6:56:38 PM
Author: Mara

i thought Costco and Sams Club were basically the same thing like just different regional areas?

Sams Club is owned by Walmart and Costco is not owned by Walmart. I love Costco; I went to Sam''s club and I was so disappointed! Not as nice of a selection.

Mara, they sell Paige''s there!!!
31.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
costco is one of my most favorite places...and target that is...i dunno i just love that you can walk in a buy the worlds biggest almost anything at costco!!!!! and when i go with my moms she does her thing i hit up the books section grab the one im gonna by find that amazing massage chair and i read.....(yes im 20 and i still do this...free massage and a book whats better than that??) lol

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
What''s Paige''s? Do you mean Piaget?

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s Paige Premium Denim Jeans
Right?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 12:56:07 PM
Author: Ann
I think it''s Paige Premium Denim Jeans
Right?

Exactly
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 10:10:31 PM

Sams Club is owned by Walmart and Costco is not owned by Walmart. I love Costco; I went to Sam's club and I was so disappointed! Not as nice of a selection.

Mara, they sell Paige's there!!!
31.gif
Yes Sam's Club is owned by Walmart (which is why I will never step foot in there) and Costco is not. On the east coast they have both....I've only seen Costcos (no Sam's Clubs) in NoCal.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 1:06:26 PM
Author: FireGoddess

Date: 5/7/2007 10:10:31 PM

Sams Club is owned by Walmart and Costco is not owned by Walmart. I love Costco; I went to Sam's club and I was so disappointed! Not as nice of a selection.

Mara, they sell Paige's there!!!
31.gif
Yes Sam's Club is owned by Walmart (which is why I will never step foot in there) and Costco is not. On the east coast they have both....I've only seen Costcos (no Sam's Clubs) in NoCal.

Ditto here. I think they pay their employees at Costco twice what they pay at Walmart. The CEO of Costco said that they do not have a PR department because they treat their employees well and he feels they are all ambassdors for Costco so no need for PR. I love that and it shows in their employees!!!!

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Sometimes my friends and I go to Costco just to eat.
Instead of going to a pizza place or fast food joint, we''ll go to Costco, lol
41.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL LOL. They have a lot of samples don''t they.

My DH loves their hot dogs. After shopping we eat lunch their. I will have their salad and he their hot dog. Reasonable prices too.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results