shape
carat
color
clarity

Cost of Recut

greyhound1

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I was just wondering if someone could tell be the approximate cost to have a diamond recut? The diamond is .90 right now, if that makes a difference.
Thank you!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I believe it's about $350.00 last I heard.

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
yea, about $350 per carat before the recut.

greyhound1

Rough_Rock
Thanks! That's less than I thought it would be!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
greyhound1|1317838159|3033978 said:
Thanks! That's less than I thought it would be!

Yep, it's really pretty inexpensive, especially when you think about how much better your diamond could perform!

greyhound1

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the link. That is pretty amazing. I am torn about what to do...I always thought my ring did not sparkle as much as some others that I've seen and then I started reading everything on pricescope and found out why! We bought this diamond 10 years ago and went in very blindly (EGL cert G VS2 , very deep - don't have the specs all in front of me). So now that I know better I am not liking my stone very much and was wondering if it's worth it to try to improve it! It's only .90 and I would want it to still fit in the same setting, so that might be an issue...

slg47

Ideal_Rock
greyhound1|1317850436|3034093 said:
Thanks for the link. That is pretty amazing. I am torn about what to do...I always thought my ring did not sparkle as much as some others that I've seen and then I started reading everything on pricescope and found out why! We bought this diamond 10 years ago and went in very blindly (EGL cert G VS2 , very deep - don't have the specs all in front of me). So now that I know better I am not liking my stone very much and was wondering if it's worth it to try to improve it! It's only .90 and I would want it to still fit in the same setting, so that might be an issue...

It might be able to fit in the setting...I would at least call BGD and ask about a recut. I think you can send in your stone for evaluation (I am not sure if there are fees for evaluating) and then see what the options are.

BeachGirlG

Shiny_Rock
My diamond is with Brian Gavin right now and he is charging $350/carat to recut it. It is supposed to be done tomorrow.

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting this and Congrats too!

I have a 1ctw pair of studs that I was wondering what the cost would be to have them recut .... is that even possible at 1/2 carat each or are they too small? hmmm .....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results