shape
carat
color
clarity

Convert to bracelet or keep as brooch?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have long loved antique arrow jabot pins, and I finally found one that I loved at a good price. I originally bought it with the intention of converting it to a bypass bracelet like this:
340DDE0E-680B-42C0-AEAC-F1FBB29DE1A4.png

Now that I actually have the pin, I’m tempted to leave it as is even though I’ll get more wear from a bracelet. It’s so pretty as is that it seems a shame to change it.
42CBE8B1-D3B4-48CC-9838-3C2A891EA1E7.jpeg

What do you think?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely pin you’ve got! How does the bracelet work? Is there a hinge in the back or is it big enough to slide on like a bangle? I vote for leaving pin as is. You could add a loop on the back on each end to have the option of adding a chain and wearing as a necklace. A two for one! I know a PSer has something like this and it looks amazing. I’ll try to remember who and come back and update this.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm usually a purist with vintage and antique stuff BUT that bracelet idea is pretty damn fabulous.

What do you think you would get more wear from? Maybe that is the determining question. Also how sturdy would the bracelet be? If you are super gentle with jewelry usually then that's not as much of a concern.

Really like the bracelet idea though.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I too would love this as a bracelet. If you set it as a necklace, you could always change it to a bracelet later if you find you’re not wearing it. Either way, I can’t wait to see the conversion!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you wear it as a brooch? If not, convert it.

Else make a repro bangle.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely pin you’ve got! How does the bracelet work? Is there a hinge in the back or is it big enough to slide on like a bangle? I vote for leaving pin as is. You could add a loop on the back on each end to have the option of adding a chain and wearing as a necklace. A two for one! I know a PSer has something like this and it looks amazing. I’ll try to remember who and come back and update this.
The inspiration doesn’t have a hinge so it probably slips on like a bangle.

Thanks for alerting me to this @kgizo. Here is my arrow brooch conversion. I love it! It's probably the pendant I wear most.
20190416_110011.jpg IMG_9419.jpeg 20170908_112101-1-1.jpg
How lovely!

I'm usually a purist with vintage and antique stuff BUT that bracelet idea is pretty damn fabulous.

What do you think you would get more wear from? Maybe that is the determining question. Also how sturdy would the bracelet be? If you are super gentle with jewelry usually then that's not as much of a concern.

Really like the bracelet idea though.
I might wear a brooch more because I’d probably just pin it to my winter coat and only take it off when it gets laundered.

I’d worry about getting the bracelet caught on things.

I too would love this as a bracelet. If you set it as a necklace, you could always change it to a bracelet later if you find you’re not wearing it. Either way, I can’t wait to see the conversion!
It’ll definitely be a bracelet if I convert it!

Would you wear it as a brooch? If not, convert it.

Else make a repro bangle.
Good suggestion about a repro bangle. That might end up being cheaper!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous and since you're asking if it were mine I'd keep it as a brooch though it's also just beautiful as a bracelet. But oh it's a swoonworthy brooch. :love:

Do you wear necklaces at all? Could you make it an interchangeable necklace to brooch and wear it as the mood strukes? Two in one maybe would get even more wear?

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
It would look amazing as a collar-style necklace. Like a torc.
1578083031186.jpeg

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous and since you're asking if it were mine I'd keep it as a brooch though it's also just beautiful as a bracelet. But oh it's a swoonworthy brooch. :love:

Do you wear necklaces at all? Could you make it an interchangeable necklace to brooch and wear it as the mood strukes? Two in one maybe would get even more wear?
I wear a jade pendant for luck 24/7 that I’m reluctant to take off, and it would look very odd indeed with the arrow. I think I have my answer though: wear as a brooch, and see how it goes!

It would look amazing as a collar-style necklace. Like a torc.
1578083031186.jpeg
That example looks pretty badass! Alas, see above for my weird insistence on wearing my jade always.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear a jade pendant for luck 24/7 that I’m reluctant to take off, and it would look very odd indeed with the arrow. I think I have my answer though: wear as a brooch, and see how it goes!

Sounds like a good plan!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results