shape
carat
color
clarity

Contemplating this Tourmaline...

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think @2Neezers gave some great advice.

If you love it you should keep it. If not, send it back (I wish I was better at doing that :oops:).

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for saying it’s very pretty. And I agree it doesn’t look like my inspiration pics. I think that’s the problem. It’s so different that maybe I should keep it and try again for another blue green tourmaline. So basically that’s the opposite of what you said which I totally agree with. Decisions! :eek2:
That’s what I have done too :), keeping this one and continue to look for the unicorn stone is a good idea also. I just wasn’t sure if you were looking for “the one” or if you are a stone hoarder like me and don’t mind having different shades of the same color. It might take you a while to find a stone like the ones pictured in Acinom’s collage, so you could enjoy this one in the meantime if you end up keeping it. Your stone looks nice and bright in the outside pictures!

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think @2Neezers gave some great advice.

If you love it you should keep it. If not, send it back (I wish I was better at doing that :oops:).

Yes! It’s great advice! Though I’m starting to love it for what it is rather than for what I was expecting it to be. It’s very hard to send gems back because they are all so pretty.

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That’s what I have done too :), keeping this one and continue to look for the unicorn stone is a good idea also. I just wasn’t sure if you were looking for “the one” or if you are a stone hoarder like me and don’t mind having different shades of the same color. It might take you a while to find a stone like the ones pictured in Acinom’s collage, so you could enjoy this one in the meantime if you end up keeping it. Your stone looks nice and bright in the outside pictures!

I do believe I’m a budding gem hoarder even with my great efforts to not be one. :lol-2:

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@LittleRed, I like the cut and size of the stone, I could wear it, I think and my ring size is only 1/2 size larger than yours. The color, however, just doesn't "pop" to my eye. It's pretty, but not a saturated blue-green which I think was what you wanted in color.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for saying it’s very pretty. And I agree it doesn’t look like my inspiration pics. I think that’s the problem. It’s so different that maybe I should keep it and try again for another blue green tourmaline. So basically that’s the opposite of what you said which I totally agree with. Decisions! :eek2:

I agree that it’s pretty but not the more vivid shade you were going for. As long as you are keeping it because you love it and not because you feel bad about rejecting a lovely gem. If you found the blue-green tourmaline of your dream, would you still want to set and wear this? Maybe as a pendant? If the answer is a no, you might find yourself trying to sell it down the road.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you've got the energy to keep looking I'd say return it and look for another one. Think of all the effort to set it etc.

Haha I'm a "close enough near enough" kind of girl so I bought mine anyway (and had it set sight unseen) even though the vendor said it wasn't overly saturated. It is the perfect shade in certain lighting and for me (lazy lazy lazy bugger that I am) that was good enough because combined with the cut and price it was just too troublesome to keep looking.

I will say that if you can't make the call to keep it yourself and need advice I'd return it. Suggests that there is some level of dissatisfaction and I'm a firm believer that if you're not 100% at peace with a stone, don't keep it.

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Elle, thanks for keeping a look out! That looks really pretty! I bet it will be snapped up quickly.

I originally was hoping for a greenish blue to set in white gold. But the gem that came was a slightly bluish green. It might not have been what I had in my head, but after a few days with it, I love the color! It’s just so pretty and shines when next to yellow gold, so that’s probably how I’ll set it. It’s a keeper! :kiss2:

EEDB0825-D5A8-4AEA-A991-004D980B89C0.jpeg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elle, thanks for keeping a look out! That looks really pretty! I bet it will be snapped up quickly.

I originally was hoping for a greenish blue to set in white gold. But the gem that came was a slightly bluish green. It might not have been what I had in my head, but after a few days with it, I love the color! It’s just so pretty and shines when next to yellow gold, so that’s probably how I’ll set it. It’s a keeper! :kiss2:

EEDB0825-D5A8-4AEA-A991-004D980B89C0.jpeg

I love the way your tourmaline looks with yellow gold. Just beautiful! :kiss2:

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love the way your tourmaline looks with yellow gold. Just beautiful! :kiss2:

Thanks! It’s second in line to be set. No more gems until I set two into rings first .... I tell myself.... :lol-2:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's VERY pretty! Enjoy it!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Enjoy setting and wearing it.

Was thinking about you as @SparkliesLuver is selling her Afghan blue green ring via Loupetroop. Center stone is from Gene (Precision Gem)

LittleRed

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! Enjoy setting and wearing it.

Was thinking about you as @SparkliesLuver is selling her Afghan blue green ring via Loupetroop. Center stone is from Gene (Precision Gem)

Thanks so much for remembering me and my search, Acinom! That’s so sweet.

The ring being sold is indeed a beauty! That green is certainly one of my favorite shades of green and I imagine it will sell quickly. I’m set for now on my blue green search though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results