shape
carat
color
clarity

Construction Materials

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
Prices for construction materials have absolutely gone through the roof! Steel (structural, light gage, rebar) is up 50% or more in the last six weeks. Vendors won''t make good on prices until material is actually shipped - prices at order are not honored. Wood studs and plywood is sky high.

Maybe inflation is on the way. Better refinance the house!

R/A

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 3/5/2004 5:04:23 PM Rank Amateur wrote:

Prices for construction materials have absolutely gone through the roof! Steel (structural, light gage, rebar) is up 50% or more in the last six weeks. Vendors won't make good on prices until material is actually shipped - prices at order are not honored. Wood studs and plywood is sky high.

Maybe inflation is on the way. Better refinance the house!

R/A----------------

I think you are absolutely right about inflation!

Construction materials
6.gif
, tell me about it. Hubby is overbudget hit w/ change orders on many projects because of the hike in steel. All this when the price of wood studs & metal studs *were* starting to even. He can't even get quotes for metal studs & conduit. Fortunately, he had signed proposals on some work already.

And, I can't escape w/o getting political. I just don't get it. Bush lifts the tarrifs & steel prices get higher. Though, I've been told that China is buying up major amounts of ore.

I see some creative desiging in the future.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
read.gif

Could it be the war economy at work
eek.gif
?!

Good Lord...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results