shape
carat
color
clarity

Considering this Antique Diamond Bracelet

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I found this bracelet online, and am looking for a few seconds opinons.

The bracelet is listed as ~1.75ctw of small OECs (less than 10pts each).

20210122_201716.jpg 20210122_201647.jpg 20210122_201701.jpg

What do you think? Pretty? Too much metal? Stones too small?

The seller has a return policy and good reviews, but it is a sizeable purchase (and I hate returning things) so am a bit unsure.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Looks really beautifully made. If you like the idea of a mostly metal bracelet with a little sparkle I say go for it. Much as returning is a pain, you can always send it back.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks pretty and I agree that it looks well made. It has great detail on it. If I was in the market I would buy it, it could become a great staple piece.

The real question is if you went to buy it and found it was already sold, would it nag at you?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love the design But
I’d want to see the whole bracelet. I can see that one of the diamonds has been replaced with a smaller one. Are any others replacements?
Id also want better photos of each link, if one diamond has been lost and replaced, are others at risk?
Its not a deal breaker but getting prongs fixed / retipped if any are worn / missing can get expensive.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Looks really beautifully made. If you like the idea of a mostly metal bracelet with a little sparkle I say go for it. Much as returning is a pain, you can always send it back.

That's good point, and I feel like as soon as I see it in person, I'll know if it's for me!

Looks pretty and I agree that it looks well made. It has great detail on it. If I was in the market I would buy it, it could become a great staple piece.

The real question is if you went to buy it and found it was already sold, would it nag at you?

Oh jeez, that's the real question, isn't it? I missed out on DBTY necklace with old cuts ~10 months ago, and still haven't gotten over it lol

love the design But
I’d want to see the whole bracelet. I can see that one of the diamonds has been replaced with a smaller one. Are any others replacements?
Id also want better photos of each link, if one diamond has been lost and replaced, are others at risk?
Its not a deal breaker but getting prongs fixed / retipped if any are worn / missing can get expensive.

Those are great questions to ask! I don't mind if it needs a bit of love from a jeweler, but want to pay a fair price for the condition. I will ask!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. I’m late to the party but It kind of Reminds me of mine. I searched for a long time for mine—so I get why you want it. I want to say that mine is close to 4 carats and has 42 diamonds—if that helps.
FC33B9FB-DCEC-4AB7-B32D-5327D55E145C.jpeg

Last edited:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's fab! :kiss2:
I'm sure the clasp can be tweaked so that it works properly.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yay, so glad you got it. Do you mind showing a picture of the clasp?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The clasp is easily tightened.
What’s happened is it’s “closed” in over time. All you need is a butter knife or metal nail file and put the tip in the gap and gently give it a slight twist. This is to “spread“ the gap a bit.

Attachments

• 3649E8A9-4F61-4103-9E60-98CA048EF881.jpeg
    3649E8A9-4F61-4103-9E60-98CA048EF881.jpeg
    198.1 KB · Views: 11

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Ontheblackrock15 Oh nos! Hope the clasp is an easy fix. The bracelet looks great on you at least!

Thanks! I'm going to take it to a jeweler as soon as I can (it's gonna be like 0 to -30 in Chicago until Tuesday, so might have to wait for next weekend. We'll see.

There's also a few stones that should have the prongs checked... looked ok in the pics, but a lil more concerning under my 30x loupe. In general, just good to have it all checked out :)

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh yay, so glad you got it. Do you mind showing a picture of the clasp?

What’s happened is it’s “closed” in over time. All you need is a butter knife or metal nail file and put the tip in the gap and gently give it a slight twist. This is to “spread“ the gap a bit.

I haven't seen a clasp like this. The one side opens up, you slide the other side in, and then close the clasp. 20210204_200540.jpg

Likely a previous repair job that wasn't done very well.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking the clasp was the type Bron was referring to. With this one you might ask a jeweler how they can make it more secure for you, it might be a relatively simple and not too expensive modification.

Someone obviously loved and wore that bracelet, it is so beautiful.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I was thinking the clasp was the type Bron was referring to. With this one you might ask a jeweler how they can make it more secure for you, it might be a relatively simple and not too expensive modification.

Someone obviously loved and wore that bracelet, it is so beautiful.

Yes, I agree! If only our jewelry could talk, I'd love to hear its stories :)

I told myself I'd wait to post more pics until the end of the day, but look at how funny this one is with my pup in the background lol 20210205_074525.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She or he is like “oh this again?!”

Your wedding set is pretty spectacular too.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Bron, you were 100% right. My jeweler simply opened it up a bit (for free!), and it's totally fine now! I had thought the piece that snaps over was the latch, but really it's just a safety. Bonus, they checked the prongs and all are good!

Also all the ppl at the jewelry store loved the bracelet, so that was a nice boost too <3

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ontheblackrock15, love this bracelet, it's beautliful!! And so glad it was an easy fix :appl:

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! You have a great eye. Enjoy her. (And I wouldn’t cry to see more pics of all angles)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results