shape
carat
color
clarity

Considering resetting the diamonds in my DBTY bracelet

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
My recent birthday jewelry search has reignited my love of sparkly things, so I'm back asking for more help. I have a 7-station DBTY bracelet in white gold with 0.10ct diamonds (0.70 tcw), and I'm wondering if I should reset the diamonds. I bought it to replace a previous DBTY bracelet I had lost years ago (that one was 5 stations, 0.12 diamonds), but I'm not sure if my tastes have changed or it's just been so long that I don't actually remember what it was like to wear it, but I'm not sure it's love. The diamonds flip quite frequently, which I find annoying since I can't enjoy the sparkle that way. I've been toying with the idea of resetting the diamonds, but I'm not sure exactly what. I know I still want a bracelet, and I don't really want to add/purchase additional diamonds,. I also don't think I want something like a bar bracelet or similar where all the diamonds are together on one side - both because I don't think 7 diamonds would really be enough for that kind of bracelet, but I also don't want to deal with the bracelet rotating to the underside because I'm fairly certain that would annoy me just as much as the bezels flipping annoys me currently. So basically, I'm looking at a bracelet with just 7 small diamonds that are spread out and not placed together, but is there really any bracelet style like that other than a DBTY?

I did consider a cuff or bangle, and if I did that, I think I'd want something like these:
1716397725229.png 1716397798717.png
I love the celestial motif so much, and I've low-key always wanted a diamond bangle or cuff. But, I'm also not sure if I'm a bangle/cuff person? I actually do love cuffs, but I feel like I also struggle with them often spinning around. I don't have the tiniest wrists (they're 5.5"), but I feel like whenever I try to wear a bangle or cuff, it's too big on me. The small Tiffany bone cuff is probably the best fitting cuff I have, so it's obviously possible to find a good-fitting cuff, but I'm not sure exactly what makes it fit better than others (size? width? the design of it?) I want this to be an everyday piece, and I've also never worn a cuff or bangle on a daily basis. While the flipping of my DBTY bracelet is annoying, one thing I do like is how unobtrusive it is. I don't think it will be an issue because I can make big concessions for pretty, sparkly things, but I do worry a little bit that a cuff or bangle everyday will feel like it's getting in the way? (Or maybe I would just get used to it after wearing it every day.) The other thing I'm concerned with is that I will want to stack this. I have a 3ct tennis bracelet I'd like to start wearing more often, and I envision future tennis bracelets, and other bracelets, becoming part of a daily bracelet stack. Do cuffs/bangles stack well with non cuffs/bangles or does anything that's not a cuff/bangle just get lost?

Any thoughts of of ideas/designs to reset these diamonds in? Should I reset at all or is that just going to be a waste for so few diamonds that are as small as this? And if I do reset, any suggestions on who to reach out to (I am on a budget so I'm not looking to go with the most high end person)? I've seen David Klass highly recommended, for rings anyway, but is there anyone else people recommend?

I can’t weigh in on vendors/benches, because I’m not based in the US. But I do have some design thoughts!

Imo bangle-bracelets (as in, hinged oval bangles) can and do stack well with soft bracelets like tennis bracelets as long as the latter arent too long for your wrist, but cuffs likely would not. Spinning is not a concern with a hinged bracelet, as you usually get it fitted quite closely to your wrist. I would be happy to go with an easily removable hinged oval bracelet especially if stacking is a concern. But I wouldn’t get a very thick bracelet. I find hinged bracelets very comfortable and often forget I’m wearing one if it’s lightweight enough.

In terms of design - I would put all 7 stones towards the top of the bracelet. The bottom will rarely be seen because oval bracelets don’t spin. Might as well as keep the diamonds where you can see them :D

Out of your design options, I like the first one (the thinner full bracelet) better. It just seems to go with a tennis bracelet more. I’d change the spacing to accommodate 7 “stars” on the top with a diamond embedded, and do the back with 7 stars sans diamonds. Enough continuity at a distance to look cohesive without spending money on 7 more diamonds.

If you need other ideas I found some on Pinterest:

IMG_6554.jpeg

This one is my favourite, I like the asymmetrical vibe but again, I’d put all 7 stones on top and just have round stations without diamonds at the back (maybe 3-4 such stations to balance it out and keep the asymmetrical vibe going). This one does have a slightly larger central stone but I think you could get the same vibe with 7 stones of the same size too.

IMG_6553.jpeg

This looked kind of star-like to me, and you could have the halo in more of a starburst shape, but looking at it again; I prefer the one you found.

IMG_6556.jpeg

I think a dispersed diamond bangle could also look very pretty. Again with all 7 on top.

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
I can’t weigh in on vendors/benches, because I’m not based in the US. But I do have some design thoughts!

Imo bangle-bracelets (as in, hinged oval bangles) can and do stack well with soft bracelets like tennis bracelets as long as the latter arent too long for your wrist, but cuffs likely would not. Spinning is not a concern with a hinged bracelet, as you usually get it fitted quite closely to your wrist. I would be happy to go with an easily removable hinged oval bracelet especially if stacking is a concern. But I wouldn’t get a very thick bracelet. I find hinged bracelets very comfortable and often forget I’m wearing one if it’s lightweight enough.

In terms of design - I would put all 7 stones towards the top of the bracelet. The bottom will rarely be seen because oval bracelets don’t spin. Might as well as keep the diamonds where you can see them :D

Out of your design options, I like the first one (the thinner full bracelet) better. It just seems to go with a tennis bracelet more. I’d change the spacing to accommodate 7 “stars” on the top with a diamond embedded, and do the back with 7 stars sans diamonds. Enough continuity at a distance to look cohesive without spending money on 7 more diamonds.

If you need other ideas I found some on Pinterest:

IMG_6554.jpeg

This one is my favourite, I like the asymmetrical vibe but again, I’d put all 7 stones on top and just have round stations without diamonds at the back (maybe 3-4 such stations to balance it out and keep the asymmetrical vibe going). This one does have a slightly larger central stone but I think you could get the same vibe with 7 stones of the same size too.

IMG_6553.jpeg

This looked kind of star-like to me, and you could have the halo in more of a starburst shape, but looking at it again; I prefer the one you found.

IMG_6556.jpeg

I think a dispersed diamond bangle could also look very pretty. Again with all 7 on top.

Thank you for your input on bangles and cuffs! An oval, hinged bangle sounds like it would solve a lot of my concerns! I also particularly love the other design ideas you provides - especially the first and third one! I think you make a great point re. focusing the diamonds to the top, and it especially makes sense if a close-fitting, oval hinged bracelet won't spin, I realized I also have 8 small diamonds (maybe 5 pointers?) from when I had my tennis bracelet shortened, and I was thinking maybe I incorporate those into this piece? Not sure if that would make it too thick/wide or not.

Thank you for your input on bangles and cuffs! An oval, hinged bangle sounds like it would solve a lot of my concerns! I also particularly love the other design ideas you provides - especially the first and third one! I think you make a great point re. focusing the diamonds to the top, and it especially makes sense if a close-fitting, oval hinged bracelet won't spin, I realized I also have 8 small diamonds (maybe 5 pointers?) from when I had my tennis bracelet shortened, and I was thinking maybe I incorporate those into this piece? Not sure if that would make it too thick/wide or not.

If you did incorporate the leftover stones, you could make a beautiful, delicate yet substantial bracelet in the style of the first one I posted. I think that would look stunning.

girlyglam

Shiny_Rock
If you did incorporate the leftover stones, you could make a beautiful, delicate yet substantial bracelet in the style of the first one I posted. I think that would look stunning.
Ooh, great idea - definitely a strong contender. Thank you!

Some ideas even if your diamonds are smaller and/or you only have 15, you could do something similar. 1716420246303.jpeg
1716420293891.jpeg
These are stunning! Thanks!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Just a thought here fwiw. If you find a ready-made diamond bracelet you'd be happy with, that might be more cost efficient than having one custom made.

Then you could either just keep the dbyt bracelet (since it doesn't seem clear that you absolutely don't like it and won't ever wear it?) Or sell it on Loupe Troop. I think it's the type of staple piece that would be in high demand.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely love a nice bangle!

PushinCushion

Rough_Rock
I agree with @seaurchin--unless the diamonds in the DBTY are amazing quality I would imagine you'd be better off letting go and reselling the bracelet and using the funds to find one you like better.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My recent birthday jewelry search has reignited my love of sparkly things, so I'm back asking for more help. I have a 7-station DBTY bracelet in white gold with 0.10ct diamonds (0.70 tcw), and I'm wondering if I should reset the diamonds. I bought it to replace a previous DBTY bracelet I had lost years ago (that one was 5 stations, 0.12 diamonds), but I'm not sure if my tastes have changed or it's just been so long that I don't actually remember what it was like to wear it, but I'm not sure it's love. The diamonds flip quite frequently, which I find annoying since I can't enjoy the sparkle that way. I've been toying with the idea of resetting the diamonds, but I'm not sure exactly what. I know I still want a bracelet, and I don't really want to add/purchase additional diamonds,. I also don't think I want something like a bar bracelet or similar where all the diamonds are together on one side - both because I don't think 7 diamonds would really be enough for that kind of bracelet, but I also don't want to deal with the bracelet rotating to the underside because I'm fairly certain that would annoy me just as much as the bezels flipping annoys me currently. So basically, I'm looking at a bracelet with just 7 small diamonds that are spread out and not placed together, but is there really any bracelet style like that other than a DBTY?

I did consider a cuff or bangle, and if I did that, I think I'd want something like these:
1716397725229.png 1716397798717.png
I love the celestial motif so much, and I've low-key always wanted a diamond bangle or cuff. But, I'm also not sure if I'm a bangle/cuff person? I actually do love cuffs, but I feel like I also struggle with them often spinning around. I don't have the tiniest wrists (they're 5.5"), but I feel like whenever I try to wear a bangle or cuff, it's too big on me. The small Tiffany bone cuff is probably the best fitting cuff I have, so it's obviously possible to find a good-fitting cuff, but I'm not sure exactly what makes it fit better than others (size? width? the design of it?) I want this to be an everyday piece, and I've also never worn a cuff or bangle on a daily basis. While the flipping of my DBTY bracelet is annoying, one thing I do like is how unobtrusive it is. I don't think it will be an issue because I can make big concessions for pretty, sparkly things, but I do worry a little bit that a cuff or bangle everyday will feel like it's getting in the way? (Or maybe I would just get used to it after wearing it every day.) The other thing I'm concerned with is that I will want to stack this. I have a 3ct tennis bracelet I'd like to start wearing more often, and I envision future tennis bracelets, and other bracelets, becoming part of a daily bracelet stack. Do cuffs/bangles stack well with non cuffs/bangles or does anything that's not a cuff/bangle just get lost?

Any thoughts of of ideas/designs to reset these diamonds in? Should I reset at all or is that just going to be a waste for so few diamonds that are as small as this? And if I do reset, any suggestions on who to reach out to (I am on a budget so I'm not looking to go with the most high end person)? I've seen David Klass highly recommended, for rings anyway, but is there anyone else people recommend?

i love the cuff or bangle idea very much
i wear a cuff every day all day 24 7
it very really gets caught on anything and does not spin
i would love to have a diamond one !
i dont wear anything else on that wrist but i must try it

Good luck and have fun deciding

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results