Connoisseur Sale

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The acorn earrings are so cute in your irl photos, Icy Jade. :appl:

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ice-Jade, those acorns are really cute! & they go so well well with your strand!! :love: :love:

Its so hard to determine the color IRL with these purchases, your strand photographs darker in one pic & then a beautiful different shade all together in the next! But how gorgeous your set looks! :appl: :love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Bsomlo: Thank you for helping to post those pics so quickly! :love: :clap:

Crdkeshi, krissy7, cmd2014, thecat, Sarahb: Thank you. Yes the acorns are really quite cute. I read from the PP blog about these hand carved tahitians and went for the earrings one since the strand is quite out of reach. (http://blog.pearlparadise.com/2013/11/pearl-paradise-lookbook-fallwinter-2013/) :)

Btw, the pic with my hand is taken near the window, so the pearl colors look lighter under the harsh tropical light. Those darker ones are more in the shade.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
That full carved Tahitian strand is stunning, sigh ...

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Oh those acorns are darling, I just love those, and the blues too I'll bet you will be grabbing both of them plenty. Was the T-strand new too, I thought I read that. Look fabulous together.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl, your new green pearl is beautiful -- I can't wait to see hand shots once you get it set.

Icy Jade, those acorns are adorable and go so well with your lovely new strand.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My Tahitian drop from page 1 of this thread has been set in the little h drop setting with an enhancer. I asked for glamour photos, because I knew you all would enjoy seeing it. It should be here in a few days. Personally, I think this came out looking pretty good. I really like the little h drop setting, and this Tahitian drop looks like a good match for the setting.

drop7final.jpg

drop7final2.jpg

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
The colours of that pearl are amazing and I really like the setting. Very elegant.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that's lovely Fly Girl. The bale compliments the pearl so nicely. What is the mm? Is that rose gold?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1411610897|3756638 said:
Oh, that's lovely Fly Girl. The bale compliments the pearl so nicely. What is the mm? Is that rose gold?
Thank you, bsomlo. This is the 9.6mm Tahitian drop set in 14kt yellow gold.

Pearl_Girl said:
The colours of that pearl are amazing and I really like the setting. Very elegant.

Thank you, Pearl_Girl.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Looks rose on my monitor but thought it might be YG -- that happens with some of my pictures, too.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Fly Girl, that new Tahitian drop pendant came out just perfect! The pearl is lovely, the setting exactly right ... congratulations :appl: :appl: :appl:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl, your pearl has really nice colors in the glamour shot. Love the setting too. The whole package is gorgeous :appl:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've an elementary question. I was emailing John about settings when I realised I might have made a wrong assumption. When a round pearl is 8 mm, that's obvious that the whole pearl is 8mm height and width wise.

What about a 9.8 mm drop? I've always assumed that 9.8 mm means widest width, measuring widest part from left to right is 9.8mm. So I assumed height wise should be more than 9.8mm since height is more than width. Is my assumption right? Or is 9.8mm referring to height?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
CRDKeshi|1411619173|3756686 said:
Fly Girl, that new Tahitian drop pendant came out just perfect! The pearl is lovely, the setting exactly right ... congratulations :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thank you, CRDKeshi. I'm very pleased that this setting worked out.

thecat said:
Fly Girl, your pearl has really nice colors in the glamour shot. Love the setting too. The whole package is gorgeous :appl:

Thank you, thecat.

thecat said:
I've an elementary question. I was emailing John about settings when I realised I might have made a wrong assumption. When a round pearl is 8 mm, that's obvious that the whole pearl is 8mm height and width wise.

What about a 9.8 mm drop? I've always assumed that 9.8 mm means widest width, measuring widest part from left to right is 9.8mm. So I assumed height wise should be more than 9.8mm since height is more than width. Is my assumption right? Or is 9.8mm referring to height?

When only one measurement is given for a pearl, it is the widest distance that is perpendicular to the drill hole. So, your initial assumption is correct, and I expect that the total height for such a drop would be slightly more than 9.8 mm.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl, thanks for your response. :))

I got a 9.8mm drop with a very small tip. I assume it's more than 9.8mm height wise. Due to the pointy tip, John recommended the Desire pendant, though I will be getting the non diamond version. I kept pointing him back to the rope pendant but he said it wasn't suitable as that cap is 3mm, larger than my pearl tip. John was really patient with me, measuring my pearls and recommending settings. Initially I wasn't sure why I was totally taken with the non diamond Desire pendant. Then I realised it was because I found that the setting to be nearly half of height of my pearl. Now I finally understand why you ladies kept saying under 10mm is small and to send it for a look. However, it's not cost effective for me to send them for a look as I'm not in US. The pearl should be more than 9.8mm height wise. Does this setting look proportional to the pearl? I only want a solitaire pearl at this point but I'm already suffering from pearl shrinkage before I even get the pendant. From the photo, it seems that the pearl has been drilled which means I can't return. What would you ladies suggest I do for a setting if I can't return the pearl so that it looks more proportional?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I think the proportions work fine and it is a very pretty look -- but that is a small pearl. I believe Fly Girl intends to use hers as an enhancer, hanging off a strand of pearls. No matter how you slice it, whether you are old or young, large or small, that is quite a small pearl. Using a ruler you could cut out a little paper pearl and hold it where you'll have the pearl and see for yourself.

How about adding another pearl (or two) and making a 2 or 3 pearl pendant?

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
bsomlo|1411651364|3756786 said:
I think the proportions work fine and it is a very pretty look -- but that is a small pearl. I believe Fly Girl intends to use hers as an enhancer, hanging off a strand of pearls. No matter how you slice it, whether you are old or young, large or small, that is quite a small pearl. Using a ruler you could cut out a little paper pearl and hold it where you'll have the pearl and see for yourself.

How about adding another pearl (or two) and making a 2 or 3 pearl pendant?

I am the type to wear one piece of jewelry 24/7 for weeks before I change out to another piece. I want only one pearl in my pendant so that it's not so heavy or bulky should it fall at my throat when I'm asleep. Hence I'm not considering a drop pendant with more pearls but a more proportional setting. But I realised now that the pearl is indeed small ;(

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
thecat - I love the shape and color of your drop pearl. That setting looks great with it.

The pearl may be small, but with that color, it will be mighty. And consider, I used to be heavily into colored stones, and this would be a good-sized pendant if it were a colored stone. As well as being a lot more expensive, if you found a stone that shade of blue.

It's all relative. :wavey:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1411607351|3756612 said:
My Tahitian drop from page 1 of this thread has been set in the little h drop setting with an enhancer. I asked for glamour photos, because I knew you all would enjoy seeing it. It should be here in a few days. Personally, I think this came out looking pretty good. I really like the little h drop setting, and this Tahitian drop looks like a good match for the setting.

I am in love, with this little h setting and especially your pearl. It's perfect. The gold enhancer shouldn't scratch too much correct? or thats just the tradeoff for the fabulous look. It is so nice! Must post pic.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
thecat|1411652435|3756791 said:
I am the type to wear one piece of jewelry 24/7 for weeks before I change out to another piece. I want only one pearl in my pendant so that it's not so heavy or bulky should it fall at my throat when I'm asleep. Hence I'm not considering a drop pendant with more pearls but a more proportional setting. But I realised now that the pearl is indeed small ;(

It may be exactly what you're looking for, then! I think those proportions are lovely.

Keep us posted.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
thecat|1411650245|3756781 said:
Fly Girl, thanks for your response. :))

I got a 9.8mm drop with a very small tip. I assume it's more than 9.8mm height wise. Due to the pointy tip, John recommended the Desire pendant, though I will be getting the non diamond version. I kept pointing him back to the rope pendant but he said it wasn't suitable as that cap is 3mm, larger than my pearl tip. John was really patient with me, measuring my pearls and recommending settings. Initially I wasn't sure why I was totally taken with the non diamond Desire pendant. Then I realised it was because I found that the setting to be nearly half of height of my pearl. Now I finally understand why you ladies kept saying under 10mm is small and to send it for a look. However, it's not cost effective for me to send them for a look as I'm not in US. The pearl should be more than 9.8mm height wise. Does this setting look proportional to the pearl? I only want a solitaire pearl at this point but I'm already suffering from pearl shrinkage before I even get the pendant. From the photo, it seems that the pearl has been drilled which means I can't return. What would you ladies suggest I do for a setting if I can't return the pearl so that it looks more proportional?

cat, I feel it is a good proportion and lovely. It looks very balanced to me and I agree with fly girl that color is bold. You stated John had given you other examples, I feel you are not ready to make a decision, you are not excited yet. You need to be really excited!! Keep looking and reconsider the other option given. It may a little extra time.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl|1411654325|3756805 said:
thecat - I love the shape and color of your drop pearl. That setting looks great with it.

The pearl may be small, but with that color, it will be mighty. And consider, I used to be heavily into colored stones, and this would be a good-sized pendant if it were a colored stone. As well as being a lot more expensive, if you found a stone that shade of blue.

It's all relative. :wavey:

Yes, the color is fantastic as Chenai hand picked it for me :appl:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
thecat|1411516294|3756024 said:
PiscesPearls|1411155018|3753922 said:
Juliebeth...I love your gorgeous creation on the Tahitian pendant & earrings. They are so beautiful!!

cmd2014...I will let you know if they can produce another Tahitian diamond necklace. I will have to wait until Jeremy rerturns. I would love that fastner on my ombre golden & white south sea necklace!

CRDKeshi..Here is a pic of the octopusfireball. I was comparing it to another posted (not mine) fireball necklace. Tough choices as I really like the color and organic shape of the octopus .

img_7264_0.jpg

I can see why you prefer the octopus. Other than its interesting shape, it seems to be more colorful.

Did you end up getting the Octopus. I was debating getting it for a little bit then when I talked myself into it it was sold. So I am hoping a PSer got it so I can oogle.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Yes, that octopus was delicious in shape, luster and color. Very tempting!

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Both "Octopus" and the Carved Tahitian Strand are completely missing from the PP website now ... I didn't buy either, sigh ...

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thecat: Your pearl is around the same size as mine, so if you look at the pictures I posted of mine, it should help you get a sense of what yours might look like when worn (sorry...I don't have the picture at work, or I'd post it again here for you to see). Mine is small but mighty....it's so reflective and strongly coloured that people notice it all the time - much more than a lot of other necklaces I own. I have mine on a 20 inch chain just to be a bit different than a pendant I already owned. Plus, because it's small, it's a bit more casual and wearable than a fancier, larger necklace would be.

I personally like the setting you posted, but if you think that the price/impact ratio isn't good enough, the dew drop diamond setting is very reasonably priced and looks beautiful on a small pearl (it's what I used on mine). The bale is small, but you can easily slide the ring of a standard thin chain through it.

Flygirl: I can't remember if I've commented yet...but if I haven't I've been remiss. Your little H enhancer turned out beautifully! Can't wait to see it in action!

Edit: found the pic I posted earlier in the thread. I know that at first I was experiencing PSS, but it's really grown on me.

neck_shot_of_small_pearl.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or as an alternative idea: You could see if they can find you a matching one to make earrings out of. A matched set of earrings like that would be beautiful! :devil:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Or green earrings since there is green in that beautiful pearl! (Easier to find and probably less expensive).

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cmd, Bsomlo, thanks for the suggestions. Apparently the blue green pearl is around 12 mm in height. So it's not so small after all. ;)) Cmd, your pendant is quite substantial on you so I suppose mine would be too. I just need to decide on my last setting and then John can set them and send them to me. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results