carat
color
clarity

Connoisseur Sale

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1411075947|3753345 said:
calling cmd2014 Are you on the PG forum? I have a question for you, personal message me!

I am now. How do I PM you? (or you can PM me if that's easier).

Edit: PM'd you! :)

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1411077971|3753372 said:
Frost Me|1411075947|3753345 said:
calling cmd2014 Are you on the PG forum? I have a question for you, personal message me!

I am now. How do I PM you? (or you can PM me if that's easier).

Edit: PM'd you! :)

Are you using the same user name or different?

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
KAY!!!!!!! Congratulations on the WSS strand; that's divine, sigh ... just lovely. I came close to buying the Tahitian version of that last night before I came to my senses :) Haven't managed to get a single pearl yet. Today I was determined ... and stepped away from the computer for 5 minutes and missed the second gold & white SS ombre strand ... So happy you got the WSS strand :clap: :clap: :clap:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Wait, there was a second gold and white SS strand?

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
CMD: thank you so much, I can't wait to wear them!

Re the strand, figured it out, & it DOES double up nicely! :love: :love: I have an old incision scar--it's a straight 2" long incision scar--at the base of my throat from a surgery many years ago, the strand sits right below it. I don't 'see' it anymore, but am sort of conscious of it. Maybe by adding that inch or 2 it will sit further 'away' from that scar. I'll have to ask hubby his opinion. Great idea to add an inch or 2, never considered it, thanks for the tip! :wavey:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
sarahb -- you probably know that many people are intrigued by scars and find them very attractive.

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
SarahB, PP added an extra inch of pearls to my blue baroque Vietnamese akoya strand last month; it was a short 17" without the 3" extender, and I wanted 18" ... they did a very nice job, and it gives me just that bit of extra versatility. Good luck with yours; your scar is probably more noticeable to you than anyone else :)

bsomlo, maybe I'm confused (it's pretty easy ...) ... I thought the gold & white SS ombre strand that was sold the first day of the sale disappeared from the site a while back, so when I saw one this evening marked "sold" I assumed there was a second strand ... maybe it's the same one and has been there all along ... it's only the 18th; we'll see what the next days bring :)

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I guess I'll take it bsomlo, but have never considered my surgical scars attractive... :bigsmile:

CRD, I've have them on now, & will ask hubby when he returns his opinion--never thought of having more length added!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1411073578|3753318 said:
I may have to start hiding purchases so my DH does not try to stage an intervention. He saw me scrolling through PS 2 days ago, and I said I was just looking at other people's stuff. Then I had a Britney "Oops" moment today and did some damage:
Kay - I love everything about your new white South Sea freeform baroque strand. Great price on great pearls. You are going to love this piece. If there was ever a time to have an "oops" moment, that was it. :naughty:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1411069078|3753280 said:
CMD, Kay, bsomlo, NacreLover, Pkinnew, & everyone --I wanted to thank you all for your warm & friendly welcome! :wavey: I have enjoyed looking at all your beautiful pearls, thank you everyone for taking the time post & share your beauties! :appl:

Here is my first pearl 'family' member: a Silver-Blue Baroque Akoya strand, round Akoya pendant & earrings.

Was also able to snag the silver/blue Metallic Souffle & Blue Akoya, boy does it ever look nice, I think my favorite at the moment. It has such a nice setting with the bale: a round diamond w/ a diamond baguette.

Would really like to purchase a pastel Tahitian strand--where & how: do you just call PP & ask? I've book marked all your threads with those beautiful stands, oh my word are they ever pretty! :love: :love: :love:

Another question: what is a pistachio pearl ?? & also, are pearls harvested year round, or are they like a crop, ie apples in the early fall? So much to learn, :read: thank you in advance for your insight & input! :wavey:

Wow, I love your blue family :love: Neck and ear shots please.

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
Lynsey from PP just sent through a photo of my Tahitian and onyx necklace. Hopefully it will be sent out next week :)

img_7222.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I love the shape of the onyx links! I'm looking forward to neck shots. What's the length again?

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
It's 26 inches - same as the freshwater and onyx necklace you bought I think?

Can't wait to receive it. I've noticed that the photos PP has been sending through lately have been taken in natural light (rather than in the lightbox) so it'll be interesting to see how it compares to the photos.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
sarahb, Your blue collection looks glorious, silky smooth I'll bet they feel so good on. I'll be interested in your photos to come.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Pearl_Girl|1411093976|3753497 said:
I've noticed that the photos PP has been sending through lately have been taken in natural light (rather than in the lightbox) so it'll be interesting to see how it compares to the photos.

I wonder if the different type of photos is related to the fact that the regular PP photographer is currently on the buying trip in HK? :?:

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
Not sure? I did notice that the photos of my harvest strand that Jeremy sent before they left for HK were taken in similar light so I wondered if it might be the way they're doing things now (which makes sense given the number of comments here about colours not looking the same in person as in the photos).

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the new Tahitian and Onyx necklace! Can't wait to see it on you!

I also love (LOVE) the move to natural light shots. It really helps me know what to expect.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pearl_Girl|1411091740|3753482 said:
Lynsey from PP just sent through a photo of my Tahitian and onyx necklace. Hopefully it will be sent out next week :)

It is gorgeous, sigh. I love the shapes of the links. I can't wait to see how it looks on you.

I'm totally jealous - this is the piece I really regret missing out on. I asked about having another one made, but they didn't have any more of the links. I hope they buy more links someday. I would also love large silver links with similar shapes.

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
That's weird - I missed out on the one that was available during the Connoisseur sale (it double sold to me and someone else) but they did find more links to make me a replacement. They even said that if they didn't have the right links in stock they should be able to buy more in HK. It's a bit strange that they told you they couldn't make one for you... maybe if you email Jeremy or Hisano they might be able to look for links while they're in HK?

And we're even on the envy front, because I was so sad I didn't manage to get your beautiful SSP and diamond necklace. It's stunning... I keep going back to look at the photos.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1411096940|3753528 said:
Pearl_Girl|1411093976|3753497 said:
I've noticed that the photos PP has been sending through lately have been taken in natural light (rather than in the lightbox) so it'll be interesting to see how it compares to the photos.

I wonder if the different type of photos is related to the fact that the regular PP photographer is currently on the buying trip in HK? :?:

Think so. I asked for some photos and was told that "glamour shots" will only be available from Monday when the photographer is back. Else will be photos taken using a point n shoot camera.

PiscesPearls

Rough_Rock
Sarahb... Your soufflé & blue Akoya necklace and earrings are beautiful! They must look fab when worn all together.

Kay.... Congrats on the stunning south sea pearl & diamond necklace!! The Tahitians pearls are perfect! I must confess I bought the Tahitian pearl & diamond sister necklace. I waited for it sell out & couldn't wait any longer...guess it is coming home to me.

Pearl Girl... Your Tahitian & onyx necklace is awesome. The picture is better then what was online. I love the longer length..perfection!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
PiscesPearls|1411138793|3753737 said:
Sarahb... Your soufflé & blue Akoya necklace and earrings are beautiful! They must look fab when worn all together.

Kay.... Congrats on the stunning south sea pearl & diamond necklace!! The Tahitians pearls are perfect! I must confess I bought the Tahitian pearl & diamond sister necklace. I waited for it sell out & couldn't wait any longer...guess it is coming home to me.

Pearl Girl... Your Tahitian & onyx necklace is awesome. The picture is better then what was online. I love the longer length..perfection!

I wondered who bought the Tahitian and diamond sister necklace. When it didn't sell right away, I seriously considered buying it even though I have 2 Tahitian necklaces on their way to me. The clasp was just so pretty that I decided I would go for it if the pearls were a different color than my Ruckus strands, so I would have more variety. I called Chenai to have her compare the colors, and she said they were pretty similar to my 35" strand, so I decided to pass. I bet you will love it -- 10-12 mm is such a nice size range, and I think the colors on my strand are great. ;)) I am looking forward to receiving my WSS strand next week.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PiscesPearls you saved me from myself! I was late to the party and it was gone by the time I saw it....otherwise CC balance be darned I would have clickety-clicked on it! It is gorgeous and I can't wait to see neck shots of it on you!

Lots of interesting pieces in this sale. I miss the predictable schedule of new launches though. I've missed every new release except the first. :blackeye: (then again, it's not a bad thing to be taken out of the reach of temptation...)

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pearl_Girl|1411109294|3753594 said:
That's weird - I missed out on the one that was available during the Connoisseur sale (it double sold to me and someone else) but they did find more links to make me a replacement. They even said that if they didn't have the right links in stock they should be able to buy more in HK. It's a bit strange that they told you they couldn't make one for you... maybe if you email Jeremy or Hisano they might be able to look for links while they're in HK?

And we're even on the envy front, because I was so sad I didn't manage to get your beautiful SSP and diamond necklace. It's stunning... I keep going back to look at the photos.

Well, if we lived in the same city, I would propose a sharing arrangement. I am sure PP can make you a WSS strand with that same clasp. They have another strand of freeform baroques on the website, as well as the traditional baroque shape pearls. This last Mother's Day, there was a 15% or 20% discount on regularly priced items, and I believe there was also a discount last Cyber Monday, so you could wait for one of those sales to buy a WSS strand you like.

I think it is too late to contact Hisano or Jeremy to buy onyx links on this trip since it is currently 12:40 am Saturday in Hong Kong. I believe they go back in March, if not before, so I'll make a request for the next buying trip. I probably need to let my AMEX card rest for a while anyway. (Plus, I already had a few items on the HK wish list and I don't know yet what they found and how much I spent!) :naughty:

I am anxious to see the WSS and diamond necklace. I hope I like the 8.4-11.7 mm size range, as that's a bit smaller than what I usually go for with a single strand. My WSS and Tahitian strand that I love is 10.2-14.2 mm.

PiscesPearls

Rough_Rock
Wahhhhhh...boo hoooooooo :cry:
I just called Chenai and the Tahitian pearl & diamond necklace was over sold! Now, it is not coming home to me. She will ask and see if it can be reproduced for me, but will have to wait to see if they can get another clasp. Since everyone is away at the show she cannot tell me if they can get another clasp. Guess I should not have waited so long to click on that purchase.

The good news...I switched my octopus fireball necklace for the fireball pearl necklace that was posted yesterday. :angel:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, Pisces, I'm sorry that happened. I hope they can re-create it for you.

I do really like the fireball necklace that was posted yesterday.

PiscesPearls

Rough_Rock
Thanks Kay... I am quite sad. I was so excited and felt it was a great purchase. I didn't buy any Tahitian pearls last month, because I waited for this sale. I may contact Jeremy when they get back to see if he can produce something similar. Oh well...better things will come to those who wait. I do love my new fireball selection! :love: 1a_pink_green_fireball_necklace.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
PiscesPearl, I bet PP will be able to create something very similar for you. Love your new fireball pendant; lovely flow and colors! I am so tempted to give that little octopus a home (and some eyes LOL)...

Kay, I hope you LOVE your new WSS necklace; it's gorgeous. If by chance you decide the pearls are smaller than you like, PM ME :)

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
OOOOOH i do like that fireball, PP!

PG the length on that onyx/tahitian necklace is PERFECT, can't wait to see it on you!

here's what i did with my 2 (so far) special single pearls - they match in color and tone, although not size (at all) or shape (well, kinda). earrings! also recall my martini stick full of pearls? that third bright green pearl was lonely and just sitting there, so i (temporarily) added it to a pendant with a 10mm Kamoka and a couple of little gemstones. the metals don't match, but i do enjoy this little set while it lasts...

little olives in a row:
img_5719.jpg

earrings!
2_174.jpg

and the set, earrings and pendant (no they don't REALLY match. why do you ask?):

3_134.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results