shape
carat
color
clarity

Confusing comment made by vendor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelgirl

Shiny_Rock
fourth that! I am supposed to get my new ring on Friday (YAY!!!!!!)...I will tell you how that turns out, and if I am unhappy, I will just return it w/i 30 days! Well worth the cost of shipping back if I am unhappy, as I am already saving a TON of money and have had a far better selection by using an internest vendor rather than a B&M...Like LynnB says...smalltown, USA definately DOES have its drawbacks if you are a diamond connesueir (SP???).

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amen. I saved thousands on diamonds I have bought from a broker and this guy was telling me if I don''t buy from a B&M that I am buying junk stones shlepped for sale on a corner basically and that is why someday we will only be able to buy them at Sam''s or Amazon.com
All my stones are GIA and have been verified. I can''t stand people like that.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2005 12:08:05 PM
Author: Rhino
Mata... just wanted to point out that while that happens to be a great shot, the lighting in that picture does not do a very good job of showing color differences.

Correct Jonathan.

I want to be sure it’s clear that the photo we provided to Mara on page 1 was done to compare size, not color. Brian Gavin’s eyes were used to make the color judgment for Mara, and she confirmed his findings.

Regardless of background, you just can't make color determinations on a computer screen. Format, size, resolution, contrast/brightness/color settings and pixel consistency vary by monitor, as does the age of the monitor. It must be done ‘live.’ This is the reason you should select a vendor you trust to provide you with expert analysis of the actual diamond you're considering. Experienced professionals are aware of all factors, including color-sensitivity, and can assist you.

As a final precaution, internet vendors offer no-risk examination/return periods. Even though we have faith in our advice and our goods, the ‘eyes’ always have it and we want to be sure that you are sure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results