Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Confused!!! Please help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
If you were me, will you choose 0.70 ct D color in a three stone ring or a 1.01 ct H color in a solitaire? Both fit my budget. Both are ideal cut. I have a size 5 finger so even a 0.50ct in a solitaire will look good on me, but my FI want me to have a bigger stone as long as it is within his budget.

So, what do you think? Can you help me make a decision?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Considering I went from a smaller .74 F/VVS to a 1.11 H/SI2, I think you know the answer ;-)

Definitely focus on cut quality and then after that go view some diamonds in person and see where you comfort region is. I think a 1 carat stone looks quite a bit larger than the 3/4 carat by the way and I love it!

vgirl17

Shiny_Rock
I would go with the 1 carat! H still looks very white and you can always make it a three stone ring later :)

joelly

Ideal_Rock
But the color D is just simply beautiful, don''t you think?

luthergirl

Rough_Rock
I''d go with the 1.01 H color....still a great size and you could always make it a 3-stone in time. D color would be beautiful, but so is H--I wouldn''t think you could tell much of a difference in color.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Assuming the proportions of the solitaire diamond were excellent then that is what I would choose.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Our Favorite Jewels from the 2021 Golden Globes
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Paris Hilton is Engaged
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2
    Diamonds and Jewelry - Recommended Reads, Part 2

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.