shape
carat
color
clarity

Computer Renderings for Cushion Halo are here!

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to everyone who offered comment earlier on an issue we were having in regards to the wrong setting/working with a friend. [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/am-i-being-too-picky-halo-setting-not-flush.159255/#post-2894176?hilit=LoveMunkie#p2894176..']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/am-i-being-too-picky-halo-setting-not-flush.159255/#post-2894176?hilit=LoveMunkie#p2894176....[/URL]. We decided to proceed with a designer to get our ring how we always wanted it and the illustrations have just arrived! I already have a few comments but appreciate any suggestions anyone has as far as proportions/dimensions/etc.

Main Stone:
H VS2, 1.35 C Cushion
6.80x5.91x3.96

Band:
2.25mm wide, 2mm thick
1.3mm melee stones (QUESTION: Should these be larger in proportion to the wider band versus those used in the 1.5mm wide halo?)
*Changing this from 1/2 way around to 3/4 of the way around

Halo:
1.5mm wide
1.3mm Melee stones
30 Degree angle
*Will be the same style of prongs as the band, didn't add to illustration
Donut: *Removing diamonds so won't scratch future wb. Not sure how wide it is and I can ask, we requested that it be big enough to bump-out an eternity band so that it doesn't rub the prongs but it looks a little large to me - thoughts?

Made from 14K white gold (QUESTION: Should we request 18K white gold instead?)

Attachments

• CADMunkie1.bmp
    458.5 KB · Views: 616
  • CADMunkie2.bmp
    458.5 KB · Views: 614
  • CADMunkie3.bmp
    458.5 KB · Views: 615
  • CADMunkie5.bmp
    458.5 KB · Views: 614

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The .01ct (1.3mm) diamonds in the halo are just about perfect. The shank at 2.25mm wide could use a slightly larger diamond, 0.015ct (1.5mm) might be good, as you suggested. It might require one less diamond on each side of the shank. The donut without diamonds is a good move. Nobody ever sees them there and they will rub and abrade everything they touch. It looks like it is about right in terms of diameter so that it will kick out the wedding ring a bit from under the ring. Why not design the wedding ring right now to fit properly while the CAD file is right there. You can have the wedding ring made later on, but then you'll will know exactly how to make it all work as you want whenever you want to get hitched.

Phasers

Rough_Rock
I'd go for the 18k White Gold. But that's a personal preference IMO.

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
Oldminer|1305570131|2923202 said:
The .01ct (1.3mm) diamonds in the halo are just about perfect. The shank at 2.25mm wide could use a slightly larger diamond, 0.015ct (1.5mm) might be good, as you suggested. It might require one less diamond on each side of the shank. The donut without diamonds is a good move. Nobody ever sees them there and they will rub and abrade everything they touch. It looks like it is about right in terms of diameter so that it will kick out the wedding ring a bit from under the ring. Why not design the wedding ring right now to fit properly while the CAD file is right there. You can have the wedding ring made later on, but then you'll will know exactly how to make it all work as you want whenever you want to get hitched.

Thanks so much David! I was guessing ~1.5mm stones for the band so appreciate you being so specific in your suggestion. We will work with the same designer for the wb and he is going to keep our files so we can use them in the future. I think we want to go with two thin bands (one for either side) in rose gold so am sure we can get the proportions right once I see how "thick" it looks on my finger.

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
Phasers|1305571135|2923219 said:

Does it make a difference what Karat the gold is on the wedding bands if they are in rose gold? Why do you prefer 18K?

Luminous-MB

Rough_Rock
Trade
The .01ct (1.3mm) diamonds in the halo are just about perfect. The shank at 2.25mm wide could use a slightly larger diamond, 0.015ct (1.5mm) might be good, as you suggested. It might require one less diamond on each side of the shank.

I would second this. It's a little too much metal showing for my personal taste and would look better with slightly larger diamonds.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
LoveMunkie|1305573822|2923267 said:
Phasers|1305571135|2923219 said:

Does it make a difference what Karat the gold is on the wedding bands if they are in rose gold? Why do you prefer 18K?

if you can, go look at 14k rose gold vs 18k in person (preferably at this particular designer?) 14k and 18k can have different looks, some people prefer one over the other

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy to see that you're going to get the setting that you want, LoveMunkie! :appl:

You've gotten wonderful advice on changes to the halo so far.

It does make a difference, but the choice is really all about personal preference. 18K rose gold will have more of a warm, coppery tone while 14K rose gold is a bit cooler and has more of a pink tone.

My twist band is 14K rose gold, and my diamond ring is set in 18K rose gold. I happen to prefer the look of the 18K, but I know some prefer the 14K. I tried on several different RG rings before I decided which I like best.
This is the best comparison picture I can find of the two rings. You can see that the twist band has more of a pink hue to it:
IMG_1584_0.jpg

ETA: I see slg already gave you the same advice, sorry for posting the very same thing right after her!

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
Luminous-MB|1305573999|2923270 said:
The .01ct (1.3mm) diamonds in the halo are just about perfect. The shank at 2.25mm wide could use a slightly larger diamond, 0.015ct (1.5mm) might be good, as you suggested. It might require one less diamond on each side of the shank.

I would second this. It's a little too much metal showing for my personal taste and would look better with slightly larger diamonds.

Thanks so much for commenting, I've asked him to increase the size of the stones in the band!

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock
Haven|1305575800|2923294 said:
I'm so happy to see that you're going to get the setting that you want, LoveMunkie! :appl:

You've gotten wonderful advice on changes to the halo so far.

It does make a difference, but the choice is really all about personal preference. 18K rose gold will have more of a warm, coppery tone while 14K rose gold is a bit cooler and has more of a pink tone.

My twist band is 14K rose gold, and my diamond ring is set in 18K rose gold. I happen to prefer the look of the 18K, but I know some prefer the 14K. I tried on several different RG rings before I decided which I like best.

Thanks Haven! Why don't you just make this a lot easier on me and send my your set? :naughty: :cheeky: :love: :appl: :lickout:

I'm not sure which color rose gold I prefer at this point but will go see the difference in person at the vendor next time I'm in the same city so I am sure to pick the color I like best...

Victor Canera

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You could definitely go bigger on the shank diamonds. You could go up to even 1.7 or bigger stones to show less metal if they employ shallow u-cut pave there. I'm making shanks that are about 2mm with 1.7mm stones without a problem. Really depends on the pave type that they can use.

LoveMunkie

Shiny_Rock

I'm still waiting to hear back from the designer on my request for larger stones and what size he recommends (was leaving it up to him to make the suggestion). I want as similar as possible proportions between the halo metal and stones (86% stone to metal proportion) to the shank metal and stones. Doing thae math, you're totaly right - 1.7mm would be better (I'm calculating 1.5mm in a 2.25 is only 66% stone to metal proportion vs. 1.7mm in a 2.25mm band is 75% stone to metal proportion). Right?

I will ask about type of pave they are planning on using as well...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results