shape
carat
color
clarity

Computer Problems - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 4:28:24 AM
Author: arjunajane

You''re a real champ Karl, many thanks.
36.gif
35.gif

Your welcome!!!!!!
35.gif
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
aj, I''m so glad you''re running smoothly again!
36.gif

And your pictorial of emotions was hysterical, funny girl.
2.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 8:37:17 AM
Author: Ellen
aj, I''m so glad you''re running smoothly again!
36.gif

And your pictorial of emotions was hysterical, funny girl.
2.gif

Thanks Ellen, so am I !
And I''m glad you like it - it was very accurate

9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2009 6:28:17 AM
Author: honey22
Hey AJ, you poor thing! I use PC Tools Spyware and Antivirus program, have been using it for years and years now *used to be called EZtrust) and I havn''t had a problem at all. It costs me about $60 US per year, but it''s definately worth it, and I have my computer on almost 24/7. It automatically downloads and scans everyday, so the only time I have to worry about it is when it comes to the yearly subscription payment.

Hope you have things under control now!

http://www.pctools.com/en/

Here is the linky, if you do purchase it though, make sure you get the complete version - Spyware Doctor with Antivirus.

Good luck sweetie :)

ETA - if you do think your computer is infected and playing up, disconnect it straight away from the internet and work on it offline (providing you don''t need to download updates etc). It stops any more nasties getting in and wreaking havoc while you are vunerable and in a mess. Degfrag your disk, clean up your tracks, temp files, recover ram, etc all the general maintenance that your Daddy used to do before you left home
40.gif
, run a full virus scan and when things are better, connect again and see how you go.

Hi Honey, haven''t *seen* you for ages!
Fortunately, everything is ok thanks to the help of Strm, Blastdoor and other PS''ers.
It really was a mess for a while, and it was difficult as I had to be online the whole time in order to fix it, lol..

Thankyou for the suggestions - I am going to be more vigilant about the maintenance stuff from now on.
How are you?
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results