shape
carat
color
clarity

Completed! Asscher 3-stone Ring

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
My jeweller delivered again! Very happy :) I thought he needed me to come in once more before finalising the design but he said my drawings were really good and more than enough to work with. Lucky I still liked the design! He did say that if I didn’t like the ring he’d gladly pop the stones out and keep the setting. When he said that I figured he must have done good! And he did :)

I’ll post more pics but here she is!
15B0245B-A355-41A8-99F3-5CCDC54E7C36.jpeg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, it's gorgeous!! I love everything about it. Are the sides lab as well? Stunning! You must be thrilled!!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh! I love the design and especially the milgrain. The claws are really beautiful. The three stones provide the perfect coverage. Enjoy your ring just in time for Christmas! And if you have time, take more photos. I'd love to see a profile shot ♡

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s stunning @monipod , I hope you enjoy wearing your lovely new ring.
Was this a Perth jeweller you used?

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I’ve posted some videos too as photos are so hard to capture real life. I wanted an Art Deco look that was still quite modern. I know some people prefer not to mix metals but I wanted to use different colour as for effect. The pale yellow gold framing the Asscher but with white gold prongs that almost disappear in some lighting. I wanted to frame the high colour rounds (mined stones that came from dangle earrings my mother gave me but I never wore) in white gold to give contrast to the Asscher’s golden hue (it’s an L). I’m happy how it turned out. Although I was chasing a beige gold, I knew it would be a challenge and too much to-ing and fro-ing between us to try and nail the right colour. The milgtain is perfect and as per my request, the prongs are not over the corners so the light catches on them nicely.

Video 1
Video 2

6BB20723-9605-4B42-B134-4497F5E5D41D.jpeg 2937A462-D5CC-43AD-9FDE-2628CD8DCA9C.jpeg B7E30D73-1513-4AFD-B7DC-80324403CF04.jpeg

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
This is such an amazing piece that is special in so many ways. I love that you re-purposed the diamonds from the dangles. I love the mixed metals, but I'm partial to yellow gold anyway hehe. I think it looks great! Congratulations on your new piece and wear it in good health.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my, it's gorgeous!! I love everything about it. Are the sides lab as well? Stunning! You must be thrilled!!

Thank you!! No, the sides are mined MRBs but you sure can't tell any of it is lab! I think I am truly hooked :D

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
It’s stunning @monipod , I hope you enjoy wearing your lovely new ring.
Was this a Perth jeweller you used?

Thank you! Yes :) Jackson and Tait. They did my last ring :D Very happy to reuse gold and client sourced stones so they're a keeper!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
This is such an amazing piece that is special in so many ways. I love that you re-purposed the diamonds from the dangles. I love the mixed metals, but I'm partial to yellow gold anyway hehe. I think it looks great! Congratulations on your new piece and wear it in good health.

Thank you very much :) I think mixing metals is gorgeous! It's currently on finger even as I build Lego :D

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
How gorgeous! It’s a wonderful deco inspired but still sleek and modern look and the two tone really enhances the stones. I love mixed metal and this is such a perfect use!!!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how beautiful!!! Your jeweller did an awesome job!!!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

Jean_Jean

Rough_Rock
Wow! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous! I love the color of your asscher. It’s perfect!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful.
Enjoy her!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
How gorgeous! It’s a wonderful deco inspired but still sleek and modern look and the two tone really enhances the stones. I love mixed metal and this is such a perfect use!!!

Thank you!! That's what I was hoping to achieve so I'm pleased that's how it looks :D

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!

Some lemony yellow sunshine :))

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Wait, have I not said anything about this yet?! I love this.
Love it! Yup.
Love it!

diamondhoarder

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That's a great ring! I love how it enhances the size of the diamonds and also plays up the colour contrast between the centre and side diamonds. I also love how you got the outline of trapezoids with the sparkle of round brilliants.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
That Asscher is TDF, and your setting is perfection. Did you tell us where you got it?
I have an L and I love it, it's a different color in every lighting situation. Yours is much larger and looks old-world. Where did you find this beauty?

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
That's a great ring! I love how it enhances the size of the diamonds and also plays up the colour contrast between the centre and side diamonds. I also love how you got the outline of trapezoids with the sparkle of round brilliants.

Thank you! Yes, I wanted a milgrain collet (?) as I wanted to stretch the visual spread of the Asscher to almost a 2ct stone :D

The side stones are actually two MRBs but I had my jeweller set them in a trap shaped base. I did wonder if I should just order two small lab Asschers or traps, but I had these two stones with nowhere to go, and I noticed a lot of antique rings used this technique with rounds, most likely because they didn't have many options with cuts back then :D

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
That Asscher is TDF, and your setting is perfection. Did you tell us where you got it?
I have an L and I love it, it's a different color in every lighting situation. Yours is much larger and looks old-world. Where did you find this beauty?

Thanks so much! I swore I would invest in nothing lower than a K this time but this L had everything else perfect about it and the colour is just growing on me by the day. I found this stone on With Clarity via Rare Carat, but went through Dajini to purchase as With Clarity won't ship to Australia.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock

Silly me! That’s what you said :mrgreen2:

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
This came out awesome! I’m drawn to clear outlines of stones and this kind of gives the effect of a bezel without actually being a bezel.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Brown Ginger made a great comment. I learn from people who have a good eye.
monopod, that ring is just . . . it's such a great ring that it makes me happy to look at it. So many design features that would never occur to me! Thank you for sharing.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
This came out awesome! I’m drawn to clear outlines of stones and this kind of gives the effect of a bezel without actually being a bezel.

Thank you very much :) Yes! I was chasing a way to get that amazing outline without committing to another bezel ring. I really wanted to try and preserve the clipped corners but protect those tiny corners at the same time :D

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Brown Ginger made a great comment. I learn from people who have a good eye.
monopod, that ring is just . . . it's such a great ring that it makes me happy to look at it. So many design features that would never occur to me! Thank you for sharing.

Thank you! It took a while to get the right vision. Many months of trawling Instagram!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results