shape
carat
color
clarity

Comparison of Two Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Craigaloo

Rough_Rock
I have two diamonds that I am looking at purchasing, but I''m not sure which to go with. They both cost about $5500. Based on the information I am listing from the GIA reports, could someone please tell me whether or not this is a good price, and which of the two looks like a better deal. Thanks!

Diamond 1:
Shape and Cutting Style:
Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.46 X 6.58 X 4.08
Weight: 1.06 carat
Proportions
Depth: 62.6%
Table: 57%
Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick, Faceted
Cutlet: Very Small
Finish
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity Grade: SI1
Color Grade: E
Flourescence: None

Diamond 2:
Shape and Cutting Style: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.26 X 6.38 X 4.00
Weight: 1.02 carat
Proportions
Depth: 63.3%
Table: 59%
Girdle: Thin to Thick, Faceted
Cutlet: None
Finish
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity Grade: SI1
Color Grade: E
Flourescence: None

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Craig, there isn''t enough information here (no crown/pavilion angles) to really determine the make of the stones, and that has a substantive impact on whether or not the pricing is "good".

Having said that, I would eliminate the second stone from consideration entirely. It''s extremely deep (63.3%), and because of that, you''re paying for weight you can''t see (hence the diameter of 6.2-6.3 instead of the 6.5 it should be). Also, the table is out of ideal range, and the pol/sym is only "good".

Honestly, the pricing on both of these stones is a tip-off that they aren''t the best makes. An well-cut, E, SI-1 stone in this carat range should run in the $6200-6800 neighborhood.

While you don''t have to buy the absolute top-shelf cut available out there, you can greatly improve the cut (which affects how it sparkles) by dropping the color a bit. You can get a well-cut G or H, SI1 stone in this carat range for about $5200 or so.

Good luck!

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Between the two I would chose 1. The second one is deep, looks smaller (6.3mm diam) and is hiding weight in the girdle. I also prefer a smaller table.

Heiny10

Rough_Rock
Could you check out my post for the 2.57 diamond I found through Whiteflash.com... I need help w/ how it will look. I don''t want to pay for weight I can''t SEE!

Please help,

Pete...

hey joey

Rough_Rock
ASK TO SEE A BETTER CUT DIAMOND. CUT IS VERY IMPORTANT

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results