shape
carat
color
clarity

Comparing 2021 to 2020 so far and how are you coping?

How are you coping during 2021 so far?

• 1. As well as 2020

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • 2. Better than 2020

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • 3. Worse than 2020

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • 4. I give up

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Struggling desperately. My father unexpectedly died yesterday in a traffic accident driving home from Laughlin. I am just heartbroken and don’t know what to do. And because of COVID, we are just alone.

So, so sorry to hear this. My sincere condolences to you and your family.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Struggling desperately. My father unexpectedly died yesterday in a traffic accident driving home from Laughlin. I am just heartbroken and don’t know what to do. And because of COVID, we are just alone.

How SAD! Tragic news. My heart goes out to you and yours.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish you could come here for Chinese new year
Down home in Dunedin we have a beautiful Chinese garden and we are becoming more and more proud of the contribution Chinese people made to our heritage
It would be a small celebration from what you are used to but February has the hottest weather

I have not celebrated CNY the way it was celebrated in Hong Kong since I came to England to study many years ago.

I make a point not to work on my birthday and CNY since I started to work full time back in 1987.

Never been to London's Chinatown for the celebration as I am not too keen on crowds.

However, I have always gone out to have a nice meal on both days. It would be very strange not going out this year, hey ho!

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have not celebrated CNY the way it was celebrated in Hong Kong since I came to England to study many years ago.

I make a point not to work on my birthday and CNY since I started to work full time back in 1987.

Never been to London's Chinatown for the celebration as I am not too keen on crowds.

However, I have always gone out to have a nice meal on both days. It would be very strange not going out this year, hey ho!

DK :))

I like to have 23rd Sept off work for Bruce's birthday
I used to get up same time, pop down to the supernarket as it was just opening, the smell of freshly baked bread wofting out its doors, buy something celebratory for breakfast and one of those little bottles of wine and go sit down on the foreshore and listen to some Bruce

sometimes we just make our own celebrations and im sorry you can't do your thing this year :(2

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
@mom2dolls I’m so very sorry for your loss. I can only imagine that you’re totally shattered.

I was going to post that I’m feeling worn out, but compared to others, we are lucky. Still delivering groceries to my parents weekly (drop off outside from a distance) and I’ve had to go back to work full time to make up for my husband’s Covid job loss (he found something but making half of what he previously did). The kids academic year is crazy and I don’t think they are learning much, BUT despite all of that, we are alive, we have a roof over our head, food and clothing and a loving pup. We are truly lucky and I’m hopeful that we can make great progress this year and see our lives return to some semblance of normal. I’m looking forward to hugging my parents and eating in a restaurant again someday soon!!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock

I am so very sorry to hear about your father.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I‘m so so sorry @mom2dolls...That’s so horrible...I don’t have the right words...Just know my heart goes out to you...Big huge hugs to you...

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
@mom2dolls ...I am so sorry for your unexpected loss of your father. I lost my younger sister to suicide in Oct 2019. It was horrific to go through. Allow yourself time to grieve. Accept all the help you are offered. If you need someone to talk to, please reach out to a certified counselor. It’s so important to your healing to speak your thoughts and words and not try to process them in your mind alone. Hugs to you. ❤️

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mom2dolls I’m so very sorry for your loss ;( And I’m so very sorry you’re by yourself right now. Please know that you aren’t alone, and we’re thinking of you. I know that isn’t nearly as good as hugs and shared tears. I’m so sorry :(sad

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Day to day is rough. I'm home right now with my newborn and 5yo. It's too cold to go outside, he can't go to school because of the risk of bringing COVID home to the baby, I'm pumping around the clock he'll hopefully be able to go back to school in another month. FX.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry to hear this news...:(sadBIG HUGS to you and your family!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock

I am so sorry for your loss, and that you have to navigate it during COVID.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No change related to the fake-significance of how long it takes the earth to rotate around the sun.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Awww. I’m so so sorry to hear this. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
So sorry, mom2dolls.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mom2dolls -

I'm so dreadfully sorry. As someone who lost both their parents unexpectedly and suddenly, I understand the absolute disorientation you're feeling right now. I'm so sorry for your profound loss, and also that you're trying to navigate this during a pandemic and all that entails.

Please reach out to people and try to get some help. We're here for you, but you need someone solid and real in your corner right now. I hope there are people who love you and who loved your father enough to want to step up for you during this time. Please check back as you feel able - I'm sure many here are holding you in their thoughts right now.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mom2dolls sending you hugs, lots of hugs.
Devastating to lose your father so suddenly and not be able to grieve and mourn with family due to Covid. Terrible times for so many.

For the most part here in Sydney, Australia we have been very very fortunate. We are now back to 0 new cases. It is pleasing that everywhere I go (not too many places mind you) everyone is wearing their mask. Every shop has you sign in when you enter and has a sanitiser at the front door. Limits of how many people in each store is also monitored.

we haven’t started our vaccine roll out as yet but we are in a very good position anyway. Restrictions to travel interstate changes depending on how many Covid cases are current, mostly it’s quarantine 14 days if you go over a border. Travellers returning home from overseas are subject to mandatory quarantine and there are severe limits on the numbers returning each week (due to space in quarantine). There are many thousands still waiting to get home. And sadly no one is travelling overseas to see family or friends except in a dire emergency because of the difficulty coming back home to Australia.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @mom2dolls, what a tragic loss.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mom2dolls I am so sorry for your tragic loss. There are no words to take away the pain. I am so sorry. Holding you in my thoughts.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mom2dolls ...I am so sorry for your unexpected loss of your father. I lost my younger sister to suicide in Oct 2019. It was horrific to go through. Allow yourself time to grieve. Accept all the help you are offered. If you need someone to talk to, please reach out to a certified counselor. It’s so important to your healing to speak your thoughts and words and not try to process them in your mind alone. Hugs to you. ❤️
I’m sorry @MamaBear..

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I’m so sorry @mom2dolls

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
@MamaBee Thank you for your kind words.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
@MamaBee It’s a club no one wants to be a part of. I feel that it has given me a deep sense of compassion for others suffering great loss, though. I’m not sure that one truly ever “gets over” the pain. For me it is less intense as time goes by. I miss her terribly.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBear I am so sorry. My heart goes out to you.

@MamaBee heartbreaking. I’m so sorry.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mom2dolls , There are no words that can take even a small portion of the pain your are feeling away. I’m so sorry for you and your family’s loss and that you feel alone right now.

@MamaBear , I’m so sorry for the loss of your sister. Nothing compares to the loss of those we love. Please be kind to yourself and try to do small things that bring you some joy. It’s easy to get stuck in the darkness.

My greatest fear during this pandemic has been that I will lose someone I love. It’s terrible to know so many people are suffering with this loss right now.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee It’s a club no one wants to be a part of. I feel that it has given me a deep sense of compassion for others suffering great loss, though. I’m not sure that one truly ever “gets over” the pain. For me it is less intense as time goes by. I miss her terribly.

I agree @MamaBear..They were my only siblings...I mourn what could have been..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results