shape
carat
color
clarity

Compare Your Wedding Dress With That Of The Royals

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @AllAboardTheBlingTrain

I wish I found more picture of her dress, she made glass wardrobe to put her wedding dress and her crown=)2=)2
My other Sister-in-law dress is also beautiful but I only found her back pictures:lol-2:
Here is another picture of that dress, unprofessional picture taken by me (she didn’t wear shoes in this picture). And also my DD as flower girl =)2

7568BD12-DC4E-4345-925E-94AD443957AD.jpeg BD2D556C-8174-4ADB-8EFE-8FD4EA7139BF.jpeg

thats all the pictures I have

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Growing up, my parents are both busy with work. When I woke up they already left to work and when I went to bed they most likely wasn’t back yet. They worked 364days a year! I spend more time with my grandma, everyday after school I went to my grandma’s house, went back home when its after dinner time or before. In my grandparents house, they hang their B&W wedding picture. In the picture I feel my grandma is very elegant and graceful in her simple lace wedding dress. I know it sounds old, but when I was about getting married, I know I want a lace wedding dress without having so much frills, something like my grandma’s wedding dress..... and I kind of found it, but now looking back, gosshhhh... why I don’t have a decent picture of me in the dress??!!!! What did my wedding photographer did??!!!! :cry2::cry2::cry2:
this is all the “decent” pictures I have.
For the Church ceremony, I layered it with a lace long sleeved “cardigan(?)” and I took it off after Church and wear a sash for the party.

BF9D9902-7C94-4892-A3A3-7B6C3892AB25.jpeg D99B4B4D-71B1-4E40-96B5-4C08BF0C2F08.jpeg FCF8571E-2D5C-4690-8CC4-9EF1CCBAABC6.jpeg

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@munchee, your SIL's dress looks fit for a princess, and yours is so incredibly romantic and stunning.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding my parents wedding attire from 1963.

momanddadweddingphotochristmasday1963.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2155E654-205C-4479-A015-C9D808F2E2F8.jpeg

No comparison, really!

April, 2021. Pandemic era backyard wedding with a total of six in attendance, including the bride, groom, and officiant!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time this thread pops up I go back through it all. Love it (enough to stay up way past bedtime)!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, same with me, I haven't looked at my wedding pictures in a long time and I admit to taking a somewhat bittersweet stroll down memory lane for a while - the pics brought back the happiness of the day, but also a little sadness by the loss of some loved ones, and a little thrown by how young everyone is lol. I don't know where the time has gone.

And imo your dress is classic and timeless and I think daughter could definitely wear it!

Deb, this was such a great idea for a thread, so fun...I am really enjoying seeing everyone's dresses and hearing stories of their weddings. Everyone looks so beautiful!

I was married in 1984 in a church. It was very hot that day and everyone looks a bit wilted in the pics! My dress had a train and I did feel a little like a princess, at least for a few hours. :P2

1C88A753-EF1C-4B67-BC02-7C1746965689.jpeg A45AA2FE-DE9C-40F5-885C-9D33BEC64D25.jpeg

I hadn’t seen your pic and can I just say you are so beautiful but I’m not surprised bc you are a such beautiful person from reading all your posts!

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I finally got married in February. After 7 years of vehemently insisting that a perpetual engagement was good enough, the pandemic and all the travel restrictions etc made me realise that fine, maybe marriage had a few perks. And a pandemic marriage meant a good excuse not to have a party or invite anyone. We did a town hall wedding, masks required nearly the whole time.

My dress was a store return from BHLDN off ebay. And I borrowed the feather wrap and all the jewelery... Classy classy :lol:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210412-100853_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210412-100853_Gallery.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 42

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I married my high school sweetheart in 1992. I remember trying on so many wedding dresses and ended up buying the first one I tried on! It was an A line cream silk with lots of beading on the bodice and small sleeves, which was unusual for the 90’s which was big puffy sleeves. I did have the high buffy hair though...haha!
I’ve really enjoyed looking at all the beautiful brides and their gorgeous wedding gowns.

Attachments

• A2439523-E0A1-4061-B593-E0C12C2DCE37.jpeg
    A2439523-E0A1-4061-B593-E0C12C2DCE37.jpeg
    145.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 3BC10BF6-3832-49D1-867D-195897E853F9.jpeg
    3BC10BF6-3832-49D1-867D-195897E853F9.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 48

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala, I'm really touched by your kind words <3

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I love this thread.

I was really drawn to more modest styles with long sleeves...I am a bit...erm...buxom, AND 6"1. It was impossible to find anything, so I went fully custom with a wonderful designer. In total with the veil it was ~$2,500.

It was real french lace, had a full cathedral train and it felt like I was like wearing seafoam - light and airy. I loved it.

We had to cancel original plans due to COVID-19, and got married with only close family and friends in my mom's friend's gorgeous backyard. Everyone in the town pitched in. Her boyfriend made an arbor, the ONLY restaurant in town hosted our "reception" and a baker made us a small cake last minute - we had burgers and fries for dinner :lol:

It was a moody, misty, rainy day. It felt like we got married at the edge of the world. My dress got soaked - we embraced it and went to the beach. It was wonderful.

annawillwedding-103-103 (1).jpg

annawillwedding-48 (1).jpg
annawillwedding-55 (1).jpg

annawillwedding-183 (1).jpg

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this thread.

I was really drawn to more modest styles with long sleeves...I am a bit...erm...buxom, AND 6"1. It was impossible to find anything, so I went fully custom with a wonderful designer. In total with the veil it was ~$2,500.

It was real french lace, had a full cathedral train and it felt like I was like wearing seafoam - light and airy. I loved it.

We had to cancel original plans due to COVID-19, and got married with only close family and friends in my mom's friend's gorgeous backyard. Everyone in the town pitched in. Her boyfriend made an arbor, the ONLY restaurant in town hosted our "reception" and a baker made us a small cake last minute - we had burgers and fries for dinner :lol:

It was a moody, misty, rainy day. It felt like we got married at the edge of the world. My dress got soaked - we embraced it and went to the beach. It was wonderful.

congratulations! beautiful gown and i love that the whole town came together to make it so special <3

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2155E654-205C-4479-A015-C9D808F2E2F8.jpeg

No comparison, really!

April, 2021. Pandemic era backyard wedding with a total of six in attendance, including the bride, groom, and officiant!

OH SO WONDERFUL! Stunning!!!!!:appl::appl::appl::appl:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
congratulations! beautiful gown and i love that the whole town came together to make it so special <3

Aww thank you so much! We were very grateful

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Campidoglio in Rome in my off-the-rack last minute buy dress. Freaking hot October day. My feet swelled into my matching pumps. DH was wise to pair his tux with Nikes.

wedding dress.jpeg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH SO WONDERFUL! Stunning!!!!!:appl::appl::appl::appl:

Thank you, c-gal! We’re pretty jazzed that we actually went through with it - LOL!

(I’d insert a blushing emotie here, but... technical difficulties.)

I might have started a PS-appropriate thread somewhere...

Bluemuse

Shiny_Rock
I love this thread.

I love your wedding story @Cerulean! Your dress was beautiful and so happy you were able to celebrate such a special day in all the ways that matter! Love the beach photo!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I love your wedding story @Cerulean! Your dress was beautiful and so happy you were able to celebrate such a special day in all the ways that matter! Love the beach photo!

Thank you so much - and you're right! We got everything that mattered and then some ::)

donnabrsd

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone is so BEAUTIFUL!

First wedding 1989. Dress was about $300 from a local bridal dress store. This was the first I tried on of about 6. Only alterations were $20 to fill the sleeves and $20 to lift the front so I did not step on the bottom. My friend that got married the same year purchased a $1,000 dress and had over $1,000 in alterations.
IMG_8958.jpeg

Second wedding in 1998 (current husband). Dress was $313 from the Jessica McClintock store.
IMG_8956.jpeg

Here's the page from the dress catalog. I still have the page but no longer have the dress (and I no longer wear a size 6 :cry2:)
IMG_8959.jpeg

I made my veils/headwear.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
My DH and I got married in 2002, second marriage for both of us. I was living in Japan at the time, and planning the wedding remotely. My dress was a very simple, plain Vera Wang, strapless silk crepe. No veil or anything on my head. I felt silly doing a lot of bridal things for a second wedding, but a few weeks before the wedding I was in LA and went to a bridal store and bought a beautiful silver lace bolero jacket because I actually really did want the lacy, bridal look! Here is a shot of us outside on the street right after the ceremony at our Temple, before we went to the reception at a Russian restaurant. The dress is already bustled in this shot, but it just had a very small train:
IMG_1079.jpeg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
My DH and I got married in 2002, second marriage for both of us. I was living in Japan at the time, and planning the wedding remotely. My dress was a very simple, plain Vera Wang, strapless silk crepe. No veil or anything on my head. I felt silly doing a lot of bridal things for a second wedding, but a few weeks before the wedding I was in LA and went to a bridal store and bought a beautiful silver lace bolero jacket because I actually really did want the lacy, bridal look! Here is a shot of us outside on the street right after the ceremony at our Temple, before we went to the reception at a Russian restaurant. The dress is already bustled in this shot, but it just had a very small train:
IMG_1079.jpeg

Beautiful and elegant!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m really enjoying these pics! I got married in 1974! I think I’m married the longest! My gown had bows! Haha I have to try to find my album.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A while ago I received a sketchy message off of Loupetroop. I now regret posting personal photos in here. I have "reported concern" to ask to have my comments deleted, but so far no luck. Does anyone know if just my comments can be deleted, or if it has to be the whole thread? Thanks!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
**edited by moderator**

I am sorry you are dealing with an unpleasant issue. Yes your photos can be deleted with keeping the thread intact. Contact Ella or hit report concern on the post in question.

ETA:Oops sorry see you already hit report concern. Try emailing Ella or hitting report concern on your post above.

Last edited by a moderator:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry you are dealing with an unpleasant issue. Yes your photos can be deleted with keeping the thread intact. Contact Ella or hit report concern on the post in question.

ETA:Oops sorry see you already hit report concern. Try emailing Ella or hitting report concern on your post above.

Thanks, Missy! That's a great comfort to learn. Could you tell me the best email to use to contact Ella?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results