shape
carat
color
clarity

Company that posts to Australia

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
Morning all,

I have found a diamond that I love and want to purchase however the company is in the US and doesn’t post to Australia.

how can I get this diamond to Australia?? Is there a company in the US that will get this diamond for me and send it to me? Or is there anyone on price scope that offers this service?

thanks guys

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shipped a diamond ring to the US last year (I'm in Australia) and as Australia Post would do it as it was over $2000AUD in value I used DHL. It was super quick and easy. The in the US seller would probably have to organise it, but it was fairly straightforward.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
There are many proxy shopping services that will send the diamond on to you in Australia (they lend you a US address for domestic postage) on your behalf but you'd have to find the one that will ship items of a certain value, and can assist with customs forms. Australia Post do have ShopMate but I found their fees too high for small value items but could be worthwhile for diamonds. Just have to check what they will or won't accept: https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/

tripleX

Rough_Rock
Don't use Australia Post or any EMS service that deals with them atm...it will take ages.

Get a DHL account and give them your account number. They will call DHL and book a pickup, you will pay for the shipping later to DHL. DHL will lodge this with customs too if over $1000AU, you will pay 10% GST, an $88 fee and a $20 fee. If it is a loose diamond, there will be no duty. If it is set in a ring, 5%.

Feel free to reach out if you need assistance.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
@Eeveepenny Did you work out a solution? I am in the same boat potentially. A vendor that has a stone I like doesn't have a physical address (so drop-ships I guess) so I can't send DHL or FedEx out to them. I'm about to look into some proxy shopping services.

Eeveepenny

Shiny_Rock
N
@Eeveepenny Did you work out a solution? I am in the same boat potentially. A vendor that has a stone I like doesn't have a physical address (so drop-ships I guess) so I can't send DHL or FedEx out to them. I'm about to look into some proxy shopping services.

no I didn’t sorry. I ended up going with a company that shipped to Australia

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
@Eeveepenny is the diamond you reference in this thread MMD? If it’s mined, please show the cert.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Just an update for Aussies hunting overseas diamonds. In my recent experience I found that a good majority of overseas shop/shop services will NOT accept precious gems/loose diamonds as items they will accept and post on to Australia. This includes ShopMate (Australia Post). You must read their section on what they will/won't post carefully and best get confirmation in writing too.

MyUS.com will send diamonds (though not rough stones) but they are absolutely getting hammered with orders and I don't think they are coping. I sent an enquiry about buying a stone and received a reply over a week later (and after I bought my diamond...).

I ultimately went through a vendor who posted overseas via Fedex which I think is probably your safest bet at the moment. I wouldn't not use a proxy shopping service but definitely not at the moment as shipping is a little crazy like the rest of 2020!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results