shape
carat
color
clarity

comments on this diamond please...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

10023v

Rough_Rock
i am very very new to diamonds. i am thinking of purchasing the diamond below.

Round
6.49x6.52x3.96
1.01 carat
vs2
F
depth 60.1
table 58
gridle medium to slightly thick, faceted
no culet
polish/symmetry very good
no fluorescence
crown angle: 32.1
pavilion angle: 41.6
price: us$5650

this stone got a 2.9 (very good - worth buying if the price is right) from the Holloway Cut adviser. fire and scintillation was rated "Fair". what does that mean? since they are "Fair", how is it going to look to the naked eye? how can i tell if this stone has a good cut? and does the price seem reasonable? i will be viewing the stone tomorow.

thanks.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
See the dark area inside the table - this is an area where the light is leaking out the back and not being returned.
You can learn more about this at www.ideal-scope.com
If you hold the diamond up to the light and light gets in the side / back of the pavilion (bottom) it will look good, but after you set it

Greentree

Rough_Rock
Hello, Cut-Nut, I was waiting for you to get back from your trip. Could you give me a quick explanation why this gem didn't rate so well? It rates "Poor" for fire, but it will flash some color. I thought this was a really nice stone, but I guess I "ain't seen nuthin' yet!".

2.04 carats
8.18-8.13x5.01mm
Total depth 61.4%
Table width 59%
Crown Height 15%
Pavilion Depth 44%
Girdle thin, faceted
Polish VG
Symmetry VG
Culet none
Clarity VS2
Color I
Flour. Very Slight

Thanks.

P.S. I read the Tolkowsky paper at http://www.folds.net. Very interesting. The HCA basically computerizes all of that and assesses the results for you?

P.P.S. If the above stone has a total depth of 61.4%, a crown height of 15%, and a pavilion depth of 44%, can I conclude that the girdle thickness is 61.4 - (15 + 44) = 2.4%?:read:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results