shape
carat
color
clarity

Comments and thoughts on this sapphire please

Gemstones20

Rough_Rock
Hello so I'm about to pull the trigger and buy this 3ct pear cut heated ceylon blue sapphire, just want to get people's opinions on the stone and if it is worth the $2000 plus price tag, and according to your opinion what you think it's worth.

Hoping to get a good deal for my collection, the stone is apparently If but I've read that's frowned upon and I'll stick to saying it very clean to avoid unrest :).

$_57.jpg

Anyway looking forward to hearing you.

Also open to alternatives around the same carat weight

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's not a bad stone by any means, but it isn't a top color either in terms of value (but obviously what is the most "valuable" in the trade might not be what you personally like the best, which is totally fine). It has color zoning, but that isn't necessarily a deal breaker unless it bothers you. I would want to see a picture of the stone on someone's hand (like resting on their fingers), because I think the window might be noticible once it's on the hand.

It's not personally something I would pay 2K for, but it certainly isn't "bad". However, before I spent 2k on anything I would require a lab report to verify that the stone is actually heat only.

Gemstones20

Rough_Rock
Thanks the color on those stones is amazing as for the picture against the hand I will have to request one before I buy.

As for the color I want I love most shades of sapphire, and what I'm looking for is a quality stone with bang for buck, bad I know.

A balance between quality and size I guess.

I was thinking if I was to put the stone in a ring it would darken up some.

But price wise I want to know I got value for money I guess.

Thanks for your reply

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks the color on those stones is amazing as for the picture against the hand I will have to request one before I buy.

As for the color I want I love most shades of sapphire, and what I'm looking for is a quality stone with bang for buck, bad I know.

A balance between quality and size I guess.

I was thinking if I was to put the stone in a ring it would darken up some.

But price wise I want to know I got value for money I guess.

Thanks for your reply

Makes sense. And the quality/size balance is definitely something all of us try to balance haha. But I would personally rather have a stone that was a really nice color and good cut rather than one that was large but less well cut and less nice of a color. Here's another option that I love.

Gemstones20

Rough_Rock
That's nice, all these stones, online feels like Navigating a minefield.

I've had a look at that litnon site before seems like a good supplier, have you purchased from them before?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's nice, all these stones, online feels like Navigating a minefield.

I've had a look at that litnon site before seems like a good supplier, have you purchased from them before?

I have not personally, but many people here have and he is known for being trustworthy.

Gemstones20

Rough_Rock
Anymore comments on this sapphire?

Possible value?

Gemstones20

Rough_Rock
Would the stone I posted be considered cornflower blue color?

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
In my opinion, the original sapphire you posted has a considerable amount of color zoning, which means you would see clear areas of no color as you move the stone around. I would find that annoying and unattractive in a gem. But if that doesn't bother you, then it's not an issue. I would not personally call this "cornflower blue". The Gemfix pear to which @lovedogs linked is a lot closer to "cornflower". Although it's smaller and a little more expensive than the original one you posted, I think the Gemfix pear is far superior. If it was me, I'd buy the Gemfix pear rather than the one you posted, because the compromise in size would be totally worth the improvement in color (and lack of color zoning) for the small increase in price. That being said, the size decrease for color improvement trade off may not work for you.

Gemstones20

Rough_Rock
That one is nice.

Im starting to think the stones I posted aren't worth the money and if i might be able to get the same elsewhere cheaper or of course get better quality stuff like recommended.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello so I'm about to pull the trigger and buy this 3ct pear cut heated ceylon blue sapphire, just want to get people's opinions on the stone and if it is worth the $2000 plus price tag, and according to your opinion what you think it's worth.

Hoping to get a good deal for my collection, the stone is apparently If but I've read that's frowned upon and I'll stick to saying it very clean to avoid unrest :).

$_57.jpg

Anyway looking forward to hearing you.

Also open to alternatives around the same carat weight

I like the color. Based on the video I see some windowing which to me is going to have me looking at other stones, especially if this is a stone that will be set. Also does this stone have a report attached? what has the seller said about the stone (treated, untreated, ???) Whats the return policy if not as described?

Those things go through my head when I'm purchasing something that expensive.

@lovedogs posted some really lovely stones and Litnon is good to work with. He's easy going as long as you are.

Basically though, you should take time to read the stones. its hard online. very hard....lol But you have to take your time, view lots of images, videos. Its not a perfect science, because you have a lot of differentiating factors like, the lighting the vendor used, their background, the camera they used and even YOUR screen! Gemstone are emotional purchases, so you have to sometimes be realistic, take a step back along with taking some emotion out of the equation, and build a series of steps that you will step through each and every time you purchase. end game though is that you have a stone that makes your heart sing everytime you look at it. But still you have to be methodical on how you do it when it comes to online.

Also don't be afraid to go smaller to get what you want in terms of color, cleanliness, cut, etc. I have a very small blue zircon, was very cheap but the color/vibrance is tdf the cutting is really really spot on and my goodness, its the only one I've set...lol (and I have a lot!) I spent more on the report than I did on the stone.

I love the gemfix pear color and cutting but it does have silk in it. Not everyone likes silk (I love it!) Silk can help stones and give it that lovely glow but it can also take away the sparkle too. Only you can decide how much you like / don't like of that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results