shape
carat
color
clarity

Comfort fit w-band...1/2 size smaller?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

E B

Ideal_Rock
FH and I are about to bite the bullet and order a 3mm comfort fit platinum band (to have diamonds burnished into). The problem is, I'm not sure which size I should order.

My e-ring is a size 6, 2-2.5mm (2.5 at the bottom, tapers to 2mm) and I find that in regular to cold weather, it's loose. In warm weather, it's snug but not uncomfortable.

I've heard that comfort fit bands fit differently and to order a half size smaller than you normally wear. But with two rings on a finger, I'd assume you'd need to go bigger so as not to squeeze the skin, making your e-ring too small. Then again, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this: In your opinions, should I order a 5.5 or a 6? Are your wedding bands the same size as your e-ring? I'd be wearing my wedding band first, with my e-ring on top.

To those with comfort fit: is it true to size, or a bit large?

So confused. Sorry if what I said above makes no sense. With questions, I'll try to clarify! Thanks in advance.
9.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a comfort fit band that seems to fit similarly to my other bands...but this doesn''t mean other comfort fit bands fit similarly. I''d get your regular size and then size up/down if you have to. I probably wouldn''t go smaller since you are going to be wearing another ring with it and it will feel smaller.

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
get the bigger ring. when you have two rings on one finger for some reason everything gets tighter. also your fingers will be bigger in the summer.

colorkitty

Shiny_Rock
I''m a 5.5 and recently bought one of eweddingbands heavy comfort fit bands, 3mm, in a 5.5 and it fits pretty snugly, more so than my regular 2mm rings in that size. It''s about noon before I can stack another ring on top of it. I''d go with the larger size.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I agree with going larger. I wear a 6 and have a band similar to what you are describing (not pictured) that I don't wear every day-I got as an anniversary ring. I had it sized down to a 5.5 back when I was wearing it alone as a rhr. Actually, it doesn't bother me all to much when worn with the other size 6's on my lh, but it has to go on first to fit near the palm where my finger is narrowest. Also, I wish it was sized to 6 again so it would not sit lower (closer to the finger) than the others, ya know?

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
The band on my ering is 3mm comfort fit, size 5, and to me it fits the same as any size 5. I wear 3 rings on my finger: wedding band which is 6mm wide, ering, 3mm, and 1.5mm micro band. They don''t sqeeze me at all, but maybe my fingers are bony? Anyway, that''s just my experience.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, everyone! I ordered the 6. The website has a 30 day return policy so I can always send it back if it''s too large/small.

I''m so excited! Step one to perfect wedding band.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
My e-ring is a 5.5 and I'm actually planning on getting my WB in a 5.75 because two rings fit more snugly than one, and I figure that since the WB will be on the inside, a bit looser will be fine because my ering will hold it on. Plus, the WB will be mroe like 3-3.5mm, while my ering is more like 2.5mm and thicker bands fit tighter.

I think you definitely did the right thing ordering the bigger one. A 5.5 would be too small. I've never found that comfort fit bands fit substantially bigger. I have a 5.5 comfort fit band and it feels like a 5.5.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results