shape
carat
color
clarity

Come see - Very Strong Blue Fluorescence versus None

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/18/2009 10:46:41 AM
Author: Steel
Interestingly I feel that the diamond with flour looks much larger than the one without...but isnt the latter acutally the larger stone?

Steel, I expect that the the one that looks smaller is just farther from the camera. They''re both in tall stone-holders that don''t fit Charmypoo''s finger, so she''s probably not holding them at the same level.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Correct that the diamonds weren''t held at the same distance. I was trying to hold the rings in place and take the photos. In real life, the larger stone looks clearly bigger but not by that much. Decisions decisions
7.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Honestly - I think the flour is cool, but I wouldn''t personally want it for my ering stone. I have a D with no fluor, and I love the clear icy look it gets in sunlight. Totally a personal preference thing, but the fluor just doesn''t do it for me. Thanks for the comparison though - I''ve never seen a stone with stong fluorescence before!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charmy great photos - thanks for sharing!

As you know, I''m a complete fan of strong blue fluor but faced with your decision I would struggle slightly. The one without fluor will, I think, perform better. However, if you like the attraction of a diamond that looks "different" then it''d have to be the one with fluor! That wasn''t much help was it? lol

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/17/2009 3:35:59 PM
Author: mausketeer
Wow, that''s really a neat effect, isn''t it? Thank-you for posting those!

I''m looking at a few stones and a couple have fluorescence but wasn''t sure what to make of it because they are lower colours (I know fluorescence ''helps'' lower coloured stones appear whiter but I want one that is champagne-ish in colour so in that case, it might not be a good thing for me)

I''ve wondered about this effect in nightclubs too (one where there are black lights) Next time I''m in one I''m going to be looking at all the women''s fingers to see if their stones are glowing! Unfortunately, I don''t go to clubs much anymore so it could be a while! lol Maybe a head shop??????

- Jodie -
Jodie - I have a natural yellow diamond with strong blue fluor. In all honesty, the fluor means it changes colour slightly but nothing earth shattering and it certainly doesn''t blow my mind like the fluor in my white diamond. UV lights in nightclubs will make the diamond fluoresce - a bit like it does to a white bra
38.gif
9.gif

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
Jodie - I have a natural yellow diamond with strong blue fluor. In all honesty, the fluor means it changes colour slightly but nothing earth shattering and it certainly doesn''t blow my mind like the fluor in my white diamond. UV lights in nightclubs will make the diamond fluoresce - a bit like it does to a white bra
38.gif
9.gif

Ahhh I see - thank you.......

flowerladytoo

Shiny_Rock
I have a .54 rb, H color, VS1, vsbf. I''ve noticed outside, in certain lighting, it looks violet colored, usually when it''s mostly cloudy. I love that look
30.gif
I''ve read that some stones with vsbf can look somewhat oily, but I have never noticed that with my stone, it just looks violet, a lot like the pictures the OP showed of the diamond she was evaluating.

mausketeer

Shiny_Rock
CharmyPoo - I am dying to know if you chose one of these two stones or not? What was the verdict??

- Jodie -
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results