shape
carat
color
clarity

Colour Me Pink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for the kind and sweet comments: Innerkitten, Linda, Pinkdreamer, Widget, Diamondseeker, Ellen, Isabel, Neatfreak, Dogmom, Skippy and Kcoursolle. I too was blown away by the final result, especially when looking at the original stone.

Pinkdreamer,
The original native cut was procured by the cutter, Jeff. He will also do recuts on your existing stone.

Widget,
Why not recut your asscher spessartite? Now that I have seen the wonders a recut can do, I think yours could potentially be awesome and you'll finally be able to wear it instead of having it sit in its case.

As for settings, I've only just started thinking about it. Still can't decide between WG and RG. And as much as I love all the pave I've seen here on PS, it just isn't for me. I've tried some paved rings in the jewellery store and it didn't look right on me although it was just gorgeous - truly "encrusted with diamonds" look. Plus, if it isn't set low, I am not likely to wear it often too. I dunno. Maybe more ideas will crop up between now and when I finally receive the spinel.

widget

Ideal_Rock
Chrono...I just can''t get over your re-cut stone! I had to come back and look again..
18.gif

I sure have learned something from your adventure. I''d always assumed there was a reason you don''t see too many EC/asscher colored stones...now I''m not so sure...

You''ve certainly got me thinking now!
1.gif
(I traded away my spess EC...so that''s out.) I''d vote for rose gold, mainly because I''ve been hankering for something in RG for a while.

Whatever you decide, it will be fabulous. Can''t wait to see what you do with that wonder!
3.gif

widget

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
looks fabulous. i am unable to comprehend the talent and intelligence of someone who can take one stone and make it another.
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meh to magnificent!!! What an incredible job he did - GORGEOUS!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Simply amazing result--I love the recut!!
36.gif
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Widget(again), Crown1, Lorelei and Sharon. I can''t wait for the stone and started my setting search already.
31.gif
What do you think of this in RG? It seems that RG settings are hard to find (even customs ones). Any ideas and suggestions?

Vatche  engraved.jpg

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
omg I''m in love!!!! Someday can I copy you? I wanna be a chronoite!! ;-) I''d put it in white metal so it pops! Gorgeous!!!!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Chrono that recut is gorgeous and I think it would look terrific in that setting. I don''t suppose you could ask if they could make it in rose gold?

pinkdreamer

Rough_Rock
That setting is beautiful!! I am partial to pink in rose gold, but I also think it would be gorgeous in WG!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Thats a beautiful setting and i think it would look great with your stone.
Where is it from?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/29/2007 11:39:56 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
omg I'm in love!!!! Someday can I copy you? I wanna be a chronoite!! ;-) I'd put it in white metal so it pops! Gorgeous!!!!
Cehra,
I'd be so flattered if you copied me.
9.gif
Really. As it is, I am very envious of your cushion and its setting project.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/29/2007 3:43:04 PM
Author: innerkitten
Thats a beautiful setting and i think it would look great with your stone.
Where is it from?
It appears to be a new setting from Vatche. I found it on GOG's website. Vatche's website is a pain to browse through. It comes in PT, 14WG and 18WG.

I'm not 100% sold on it though. I was thinking of maybe ribbon or double prongs. The plain 4 prongs look too plain.
25.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2007 11:39:56 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
omg I''m in love!!!! Someday can I copy you? I wanna be a chronoite!! ;-) I''d put it in white metal so it pops! Gorgeous!!!!
*shoving Cehra over*

I''m next!
11.gif
I had this idea before she even made hers.
25.gif
9.gif

And I have to agree, I''d put it in WG, I think it would really bring it out. I''m affraid it could get kind of lost in Rose Gold, not to mention, I''m not sure the two colors would go well.... I would definitely get the two together before you decided Chrono.

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
I vote WG too!
9.gif
Much as I love pink gold, is there a possibility that the shade of gold might not blend well with your stone
7.gif
??

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here...white gold with that gorgeous stone! Oh, and I just thought of a Vatche setting I like:

vatchemuseysring6.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I just want to add that yours is the prettiest pink stone (other than diamond) that I have ever seen! I think the color is perfect!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH. MY. GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

It''s AMAZING!!!! It''s so electric it looks plugged in!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Nice Vatche mount Chrono--what about some of Irina''s designs?

cheers--Sharon

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
Wow--almost like a slight of hand.
2.gif
Congrats--stunning stone.
36.gif

Flawless

Rough_Rock
Chrono,

Amazing pink Asscher you have there.

I have two greatest likings about gemstones in my life. One is a pink or red spinel and the other is an Assher cut.
And, here you have both in one stone. Amazing. I really envy you.

I always thought that an asscher cut will not bring out the brilliance in a colored stone as it does in a diamond. But, I am obviously wrong. From the picture you have posted, it certainly looks an amazing colored stone.

Thank you for sharing the pictures and the rest of the details about the cut with us on this forum. Also, THANK YOU very much for the Asscher cut graphics of the faceting details.

Flawless.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/29/2007 7:37:48 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Same here...white gold with that gorgeous stone! Oh, and I just thought of a Vatche setting I like:
PERFECT IMO for this freaking amazing stone. Chrono I can''t wait till you''ve got it in hand for some more pics!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again everyone. Your enthusiasm is rubbing off me and making me impatient to receive the spinel.

Flawless,
Thanks for the compliment. I too had the same idea. I love asscher cuts and spinels so I thought I could put the 2 and 2 together. I love reds but decided it's too dark to see the steps, so I chose my next favourite spinel colour which is pink! I first tried to find an already cut stone but that proved fruitless. I then went around asking all the cutters I knew but they didn't have the right rough or/and were too pricey because they didn't have the right material to start with. By sheer luck, I came across Jeff White AND he had the right material that fit the colour and shape I was looking for, and everything fell into place in a matter of days.

DS,
Is this the Vatche setting you like? It's sort of hard to tell from the tiny picture but it sure is gorgeous. Any side views? Do you think the stones in the band is pave'd? I really would like to avoid pave. Channel or prong set is fine. I'm sorta tough on my hands (not ladylike at all).

I thinks it's photoshop time!
11.gif

vatche temp.JPG

pinkdreamer

Rough_Rock
Chrono that setting would be stunning with your stone!! Photoshop someone! Quick!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your stone is gorgeous! It really would look stunning in that setting.

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
This recut is stunning!!

Can''t wait to see it set . . .

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was shipped out yesterday. Ooh, countdown till next week.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh, I saw that you had posted and thought maybe it was here :)
Looking forward to seeing your photos of it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/1/2007 3:29:55 PM
Author: Chrono
It was shipped out yesterday. Ooh, countdown till next week.
36.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw this. The recut is amazing. It''s hard to believe it''s actually the same stone. It will look fantastic in whatever setting you choose. I can''t wait to see the finished project.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really miffed with Postal Office delivery guy. I was home this afternoon and decided to wait for the postman as I am expecting my spinel either today or tomorrow. I knew he hasn't arrived yet because my red mailbox flag was up. At around 1pm, I thought I heard his truck pull up and left. Later, I went out to pick up my mail and saw the pink slip telling me to go to the PO tomorrow to pick up my spinels. WTH?!! I DID NOT hear him ring the doorbell. I think he assumed nobody was home and was too lazy to take a hike up to my door and so just left the note in my mailbox.
29.gif
Now I have to wait until tomorrow to go to the PO to get my spinel. UUGRH!

I could have had that yummy pink asscher spinel in my hands right now and be thoroughly enjoying it in my temporary ring holder.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results