shape
carat
color
clarity

colors...

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing special, I am in a bad mood, still feel bad over the loss of the stone, lost hope to find it and mourn the loss. I did not even have the time to get used to the stone; I bought it and went away. Maybe it is for the better...

So these pictures are nothing special, just sitting at the office, playing with smaller stones. Trying different combinations. Here what I have made photos of...

These are Mahenges bought at different times from Tan. Small, around 1 ct, but some of them are pretty... These are not my large stones, I shall try to take photos tomorrow and post them...

row2.JPG

rowofspin1.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have pink portugueze-cut spinels from Tan and very bright tsavorites from him, same sizes. I thought about making spinel studs and dangling, interchangeable tsavorite earrings. Another version would be tsavorite pears, they are of even better color.

colors2.JPG

colors3.JPG

colors4.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And this is funny - blue spinel, I do not know who I bought it from, when, I assume it was a precision cutter since it is cut very well. Very pretty color, and a color changer like most of them... It is lighter in life, only the light in my office is bad... The last picture, under 3500 K, shows a red splash that disappears when you resize the photo to a smaller size...

spin2.JPG

bluespin3.JPG

bluespin5.JPG

bluesspin6.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These two stones, the spessartite bought from Dana and the tsavorite from Tan. The spessartite is very bright in real life, a Lloliondo. I planned, and still vaguely plan, to make a ring out of them.

spesstwo.JPG

spesstwo1.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A rhodolite from Uli. It is dark, as most of them, but at least has no brownish-brick secondary that is so typical for these stones.

rhod2.JPG

rhod3.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This sapphire I bought from a precision cutter. This cutter, actually, bought it from another cutter. In tact, it is very well cut and has something to it... I wanted to pair it with Jeff's chrysoberyl but I am not sure if the combo looks right... It does IRL but not on the monitor... Maybe I shall set it on its own or sell...

There is a lot of small fun stuff in my box. A lilac spinel which I bought from Eric and which he calls blue but it is lilac. I want to set it with Tan's chrysoberyls, it is a winning combo...

sapph2.JPG

sapph4.JPG

sapph5.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and this is a funny thing... I have a stone, or an imitation, which I use as an "ethalone" for spessartites. It is pure orange without any secondaries, and Marc Sarosi's spessartite matched the color to a T. So far I was unable to find the same color but I am trying... This was a freeform Namibian spessartite i bought from Litnon. Not matching, but I am closing the gap...

Well, thank you for viewing. Tomorrow I shall try to take photos of some of my Mahenges, tomorrow they promised us hot weather. I posted these things mostly to cheer up myself so I do not need many compliments... The jeweler sent me photos of my small heart-shaped Mahenge from Tan. I have not been able to appreciate her job, because I haven't seen the ring, and the stone is lopsidedly-cut, but the color looks very nice and it is comforting...

spes3.JPG

spess2.JPG

spess1.JPG

melave

Shiny_Rock
oh very nice Crasru!!!
Loving the colour combo of your picture titled colors 3. I like the pink and green combination

My favourite is the last lot of pics. :love: :love: the blue and yellow looks divine on my monitor. My OH would love it too as it is his footy team colours :)

melave

Shiny_Rock
Oops you snuck some more in while i was posting. I need to learn to type faster :D
You have a great collection. I am now seeing more stones i want to add to my little collection :) Thanks for sharing

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, Melave... I was just playing with small stuff in my jewelry box...

This couple of photos also have a question for TL. The spinels were bought from Tan at the time when Tan's spinel cost $ 10.00 a stone. They are windowed, but I learned not to pay attention to such things, especially since, theoretically, they can be recut. They are pretty large, at least 1.8 ct each, I can pull documentation, but I think, closer to 2 ct. each. And they are pink baby. So today they would be costing far above $ 10.00 a stone.

They, however, are pretty clean. No inclusions. So synthetic they may be. Question is, how much they would potentially cost if this is indeed a pair of matching pink baby, very pretty spinels? In other words, does it make sense to certify them (one should be enough) and send to Jerry to close the window (he is a master at that! Minimal weight loss...). Or is it too much of a hassle? Matching pink spinels cost $ 800 + on Tan's website and a little bit more on Gemfix. Granted, Portugueze cut and all but still... These stones are larger.

The green stones are merelanis from Dana, bought a long time ago, a nice combination, it seems...

spinand merel.JPG

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Love your spess and spinels!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Looking at all those pretty things would cheer anybody up, Crasru! I LOVE the pear tsavs & the blue spinel especially. Chin up, honey, things will look brighter -- and sparklier!

--- Laurie

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
It's hard to have something like that hanging over you. I am still looking for something also, and have idea where it is.

On the bright side, I absolutely love your blue and lavender spinels.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, dear herekittykitty and Laurie! Just for supporting me...
Pregcurious - I do not know you well, but I wish you wholeheartedly to find what you have lost.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry your stone is missing. I think you have lovely taste in jewelry. I also think you have a great eye for color. I hope your stone turns up. Just looking at my gems puts me in a better mood, I hope that works for you too.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, crasru. Perhaps we'll both be lucky. My husband tells me that it will just show up one day and I need not worry.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasru,
So sorry about your lost gemstone. You certainly have an amazing collection however!! Thanks for the photos!! Beautiful :love:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I don't have the answers to your questions, but I think the spinel and garnet pairs would make a great set of dangle earrings!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Crasru, you are such a creative asset here, and I for one appreciate it when you let us know when you're not feeling great. I am so sorry you have lost the stone, and really think some day it will reenter your life. In the meantime, thank you for giving us some very pretty eye candy, and I too love the blue sapphire and chrysoberyl combo.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Treenbean - thank you for your kind words. I understand that you are trying to cheer me up, and honestly, it is just a stone, and not my most expensive one, but support of my fellow PS-ers means a lot to me...

Tl - thank you, thank you, thank you...

Jstarfireb - thank you for your support. You, too, have great taste and eye for color and more important, come forward as a very nice person and I appreciate your support...

Minousbijoux - thank you so much! Thank you for your support!

deorwine

Shiny_Rock
Lovely stones! I love the pics -- thanks for posting! And I am soooo sorry about your stone. I thought I'd lost my spinel this evening after taking pics and I was stomping around the house angrily (my husband was all, "chill!")... thankfully I found it. I hope you have a happy ending too!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty gems. I sure hope your gemstone shows up. I had the coolest little 2.5mm color change sapphire - it changed from red to blue and I dropped it down the side of a chair. I never did find it.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Awwww, thanks, crasru! I do hope your stone shows up soon!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, beautiful avatar. I share your pain.

Jstarfireb - thank you for your kind words!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope the gem turns up for you. You do have a wonderful array of CS. Your spinels are pretty of course, but Im loving your sapphire and chrysoberyl. That sure is a sparkly yellow! Luv it! :love:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deorwine - I do not know how I could have missed you in my thanks, you have such lovely stones! Thank you! Glad that you found your spinels!
ZestfullyBling - thank you for your support.

Your ladies all have kid hearts... I know why so many people responded to this thread, and thank you all.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results