shape
carat
color
clarity

Colorless vs very warm? Super ideal vs XXX? A comparison thread

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh yes I see the heart!! :kiss2::kiss2: So beautiful. And if you dont mind sharing the report, I would love to see it.:wavey:

:wavey:I’m not home but I’ll look as soon as I get in..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Fabulous50 It does look pink in the photo...but not in real life. The undertone just comes out in photos. If you blow up the pic you will see a little heart! It’s in the pic with the red ring box..:kiss2: I think my GIA report says very light brown or something like that besides saying it’s an M. If you want me to look I’ll dig it out. I thought my diamond in the video looked like the color of Mercury glass…no yellow…

It probably says faint brown, at least that's what my M says. I set it in rose gold and it does look pretty white.
here's a photo, it's a slide pendant
DKPV2021___06__21____69050____Pendant_-3 copy.jpg

and here is the certificate

Attachments

• IMG_3979.jpg
    IMG_3979.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 21

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It probably says faint brown, at least that's what my M says. I set it in rose gold and it does look pretty white.
here's a photo, it's a slide pendant
DKPV2021___06__21____69050____Pendant_-3 copy.jpg

and here is the certificate
@Lookinagain It does! When I got home I pulled out the report. They’re hard to find on James Allen because they don’t list the Gia reports. It’s frustrating to have to ask for the report. I’ve been wondering what a faint brown M emerald cut would look like. I wouldn’t like it to be yellow..but I think I would like the faint brown. Unfortunately they don’t have any emerald cuts in an M..:(2

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain It does! When I got home I pulled out the report. They’re hard to find on James Allen because they don’t list the Gia reports. It’s frustrating to have to ask for the report. I’ve been wondering what a faint brown M emerald cut would look like. I wouldn’t like it to be yellow..but I think I would like the faint brown. Unfortunately they don’t have any emerald cuts in an M..:(2

For me, if I'm going to have a warmer diamond, I just prefer brown tint over yellow. I'm just not a yellow person. I don't wear yellow clothing either. But I will say, I have K's with brown tint and now this M and none of them show much tint face up in their bezel settings, at least not really noticeable to me. I haven't compared them to my higher color stones, and I'd probably see something more if I did, and I'm sure a side view would probably show it a lot more, but mine are this pendant and some smaller bezel set studs and again they all look pretty white to me. I'm very curious to see if the M @lovedogs ordered shows as much as she hopes. I'm sure it will be noticeable against the CBI, but I'm not sure how much it will be on it's own.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, if I'm going to have a warmer diamond, I just prefer brown tint over yellow. I'm just not a yellow person. I don't wear yellow clothing either. But I will say, I have K's with brown tint and now this M and none of them show much tint face up in their bezel settings, at least not really noticeable to me. I haven't compared them to my higher color stones, and I'd probably see something more if I did, and I'm sure a side view would probably show it a lot more, but mine are this pendant and some smaller bezel set studs and again they all look pretty white to me. I'm very curious to see if the M @lovedogs ordered shows as much as she hopes. I'm sure it will be noticeable against the CBI, but I'm not sure how much it will be on it's own.

I very much suspect the M won't have enough tint for me, but worth checking!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I agree..I think you may want to look at fancy browns. There were some on James Allen if you do a search..

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree..I think you may want to look at fancy browns. There were some on James Allen if you do a search..

Sadly they arent the right size and/or arent well cut. But I appreciate your help!

chamois

Brilliant_Rock

I think you may be right about the M not having enough tint for you…..it is a lovely all around hue though.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sadly they arent the right size and/or arent well cut. But I appreciate your help!

I saw they had them but didn’t really look. I don’t need any more rounds! Haha

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I love brown-tinted diamonds too once they are in the champagne range. I remember seeing a stunning three stone ring on Victor Canera's Instagram page a year or two ago with a giant champagne-colored Asscher center stone. It was one of the very few rings that made me question whether a RB solitaire was the way to go for my forever e-ring. (Even though I absolutely adore my e-ring and wouldn't trade it for the world.)

I'm scrolling back on his IG page now but can't find it...

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Better pics. Keep in mind my camera is basically a potato. Also took a video that shows both sun and shade.

20210722_140529.jpg 20210722_140301(0).jpg 20210722_140647.jpg 20210722_140254.jpg 20210722_140646.jpg 20210722_140251.jpg 20210722_140621.jpg 20210722_140620.jpg 20210722_140223.jpg 20210722_140543.jpg

Have to say I think it looks bigger than .41! My fingers arent small (size 6.5-7 ring finger). This looks like closer to a .5 to my eyes. Video coming once it finishes uploading!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Maaan, that CBI is redonkulous!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone. What do you think of the colour?

It's very white!

To be honest, I don't think I can tell the difference between a D and a G (my lab grown asscher is a G). Maybe if they were upside-down I could, or if I was specifically told one was warmer and was looking from the side. But face up via the naked eye I can't (or at least I wouldn't notice a difference in color unless someone pointed it out).

I will say, however, that the D has different color flashes compared to my warmer stones. More "pastel" maybe? I can't quite describe it, but the colored flashes seem a bit different. I like all diamond fire, so I don't think one is "better" than the other, but it's something my eyes aren't quite used to.

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
It's very white!

To be honest, I don't think I can tell the difference between a D and a G (my lab grown asscher is a G). Maybe if they were upside-down I could, or if I was specifically told one was warmer and was looking from the side. But face up via the naked eye I can't (or at least I wouldn't notice a difference in color unless someone pointed it out).

I will say, however, that the D has different color flashes compared to my warmer stones. More "pastel" maybe? I can't quite describe it, but the colored flashes seem a bit different. I like all diamond fire, so I don't think one is "better" than the other, but it's something my eyes aren't quite used to.

Very interesting and intriguing:wavey:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That is a spicy diamond!!! Love it !

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! Would be hard to send that one back!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results