shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored wedding band to go with amethyst engagement ring?

jezebelle

Rough_Rock
I've been obsessed with finding a wedding ring to go with my antique amethyst and diamond e-ring for a few months now. Here's the ring:

The ring is platinum, but we can't afford that for the bands most likely...we're a relatively young couple and the e-ring was already a little bit of a stretch on our budget. We're saving up for a house, so as much as I love jewelry I've self-imposed a budget of 700 MAX for my wedding band. I thought about going with a simple antique or antique-style filigree band, and that's still an option, but I've been eyeing a couple of fancy blue diamond wedding bands from belljewels which are surprisingly affordable. I am obsessed with blue diamonds and would love to own some! I'm not sure if they'd be too much with the amethyst, though. I don't think so personally, as I'm not a girl who shies away from color.

I also played around on Gemvara (OK, for hours!) and I liked a few combos I came up with there, especially a diamond/amethyst band, however, I'm not sure about their prices. I know it's custom made jewelry but it still seems a little steep for what it is. Maybe I'm wrong?

What I definitely know is that the band should be fairly delicate - the ering is a size 8 and while I don't have the tiniest fingers, I've tried out many widths of bands next to the e-ring and since it's very thin, a larger band looks kind of ridiculous with it. I'm not the biggest fan of eternity wedding bands, as I have a few eternity stackers and they're not the most comfortable for everyday wear. I'm also up for color. White diamonds are pretty, but I already own a few white diamond pieces and I want something more unique for my wedding band. White diamonds alternating with a colored gem is something I'd do, though. I'd love to hear all of your suggestions!

IMG_0881.JPG

844.JPG

rg3055-3.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Colored wedding band to go with amethyst engagement ring

Very pretty ring, but I would worry about a wedding band rubbing against the diamonds on the side of the shank. Do you have a top view of the ring. I would like to see it on your hand from table of the stone facing us.

jezebelle

Rough_Rock

Here are a couple more pics:

I was concerned about the diamonds around the shank as well..

However, due to the curve, my wedding band won't be sitting very close to or rubbing against most of the diamonds..

847.JPG

862.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Are there any antique shoes in your area? Sometimes you can find old deco bands, and they are very delicate and pretty.

This site has some reproductions, and this one is pretty, and in silver if you're on a budget. They make them in gold too.

http://www.jansjewells.com/item.php?item_id=1491&category_id=66

jezebelle

Rough_Rock

I do like that band! I've actually checked that site out before.. But I think I'm looking more toward adding more bling instead of going with a simple metal band.:)

There's not many places that deal with antique jewelry in my area, but I'm actually going with my fiance to look at one of them today.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results