shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored stone veteran, but diamond newbie needs help.

My heart arrived today! She is a little sparkle bomb and totally exceeded my expectations. Of course, this is my first substantial diamond purchase, so I probably would have been impressed with just about anything. lol Here is my requisite horrid video. I don't understand it... I have super bright white lights on. Why does it still look so dim (and yellow)? :lol-2::roll2: I have a Samsung Z Flip 4. If anyone can suggest a different setting that may help in the future, please do.

Specs:

~2.03ct.
~8.23mm average
~F, VS2
~58% table, 60.7% depth
~.90 ratio
~Triple excellent cut
~Faint fluorescence

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
My heart arrived today! She is a little sparkle bomb and totally exceeded my expectations. Of course, this is my first substantial diamond purchase, so I probably would have been impressed with just about anything. lol Here is my requisite horrid video. I don't understand it... I have super bright white lights on. Why does it still look so dim (and yellow)? :lol-2::roll2: I have a Samsung Z Flip 4. If anyone can suggest a different setting that may help in the future, please do.

Specs:

~2.03ct.
~8.23mm average
~F, VS2
~58% table, 60.7% depth
~.90 ratio
~Triple excellent cut
~Faint fluorescence

I'm no 'heart judge' but the faceting on this one looks really nice. Usually they look mushy everywhere to me, but not this one. I think you hit the jackpot. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a nicer one.
Nice:love:
The video is fine, I take actual potato quality pictures/video and I don't know why, either.:lol:

I'm no 'heart judge' but the faceting on this one looks really nice. Usually they look mushy everywhere to me, but not this one. I think you hit the jackpot. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a nicer one.
Nice:love:
The video is fine, I take actual potato quality pictures/video and I don't know why, either.:lol:

Potato quality!
crackup.gif
You kill me!! Every photo/video I take looks like it was filmed through a bottle of whisky.
drinkingbuddies.gif

Thank you for the wonderful words of encouragement, my friend. I was really trying to avoid "mush," so hopefully I succeeded!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Specs:

~2.03ct.
~8.23mm average
~F, VS2
~58% table, 60.7% depth
~.90 ratio
~Triple excellent cut
~Faint fluorescence

Gorgeous!! It looks bright and I love the shape, textbook heart :lol: I'm glad you're happy with it!

IMO a cloudy day (or under shade on a sunny day) is ideal for taking accurately-coloured pics of diamonds with automatic cameras and phones. All the lights in my house do weird things to colour, even the supposed daylight lamps... In a pinch you could drop something big and yellow in the background, that'll force the phone's software to blue things up a bit ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results