shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tried to get a good pic of my cuprians glowing in the sun in my car. I think I might have finally captured the "glow" on camera, which is really hard to photograph.

tlglowing_madly.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
TL that is mind-blowing!!! :bigsmile:
Hmmmm... pink FCDs... ring or bracelet? I really like the platinum one!
Hmmm... fire opals and dems

I never check in here which is really surprising seeing how handy it is as a "sticky" and the fact that I am about half way through the entire thread in one of my tabs (I often have around 100 open only 3 or 4 of which are PS)...

Chrono - *gulp* you should warn people so we can grab our sunglasses.

Some beauties posted recently
DandT - Michael E seems to do such classy work and the green tourmaline turned out a treat.
Freke - beautiful, beautiful red.
Pickiebee - you did exceptionally well, congratulations :))

I'll have to stop here otherwise I'll have another tab in this thread going backwards in an attempt to meet the other one and I'll still not see current things as they're posted!

Do carry on. Pleeeese :))

Tully

Rough_Rock
Very excited little wife here! It's my 10 year wedding anniversary today and here is my stunning new ruby ring that I designed and my wonderful hubby paid for. It's 1.42 carats and surrounded by a bevy of little 1.9mm diamonds with an 18k yellow gold band. I am so in love right now!

_22195.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is uncommon to see wide bands on PS but it's a gorgeous ring. Congrats on your 10th anniversary. :appl:

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Elvis.
Absolutely gorgeous. I love it

josephrohdes221

Rough_Rock
Sorry i could not have an attachment too beautiful and elegant as there are in this forum. excellent and lovely.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ElvisPrasiolite said:
My wife's 30th anniversary ring I had made for her. Aqua 6.06 ct.. 1.79 ct. baguette diamonds.

185_1.jpg

That is gorgeous!!!! :love: :love: :love:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
David Klass resets...

Spinel half moon in platinum (wanted an every day ring, so I took out the spess and replace with another concave but spinel from Richard Homer)

I had reset a couple of rings into multiple pieces.

Earrings and pendant are in 14k yellow gold Sri Lankan sapphires. Sapphire in pendant is from Gemfix, and the sapphire earrings from Jeff Davies.

The Five stone is in 18k white gold a la Yssie (I hope she doesn't mind, as I changed a few things to fit me a little more such as the shank in half bezel as that is my favorite look and feel when I wear the rings and no milgrain)
Center diamond is 1.01 L OEC, Montana Sapphires from Gemfix at 4.7mm, and Modern RBs colorless at 4.3mm GIA E/F color, very large color contrast, however they are at the ends, so I don't mind.

David is wonderful to work with :appl:

dk_resetsdt.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Oh-oh-oh Elvis!!!
I swoon :love:

DandT - gorgeous resets, love the spinel!!

dowhatnow

Rough_Rock
These are my latest, a green and a blue sapphire, depending on who you ask. The original seller said the green stone was a tourmaline and sold it as such, but the fella who set it for me ( owns a tourmaline shop) said nawp, it's a green sapphire. Whatever it is, I love both my new rings.The window in the blue closes when I wear the ring, which is constantly.

10630556_364276507072547_2008507629516430674_0.jpg

Chromerunner

Rough_Rock
Recent pickup
Nothing super fancy but It keeps catching my eye.
Needs a cleaning.
1ct Aqua surrounded by white sapphires.

IMG_0820_zpsf9cdf27d.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Family shot with some new rings. Moonstone cabochon ring on ring finger (5 carats) and 1.65 carat Columbian emerald on fore finger.

Emerald is much much nicer in person, they never photograph well.

family_shot.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
*GASP* TL they're gorgeous!!!

Oh my... I caught that you were looking for a moonstone - it's superb! - and that you said you must set the emerald - but that was only about 2 weeks ago!! Jeepers you move fast!

Congratulations :appl: They are just bayoodiful! :love:

Lots more pics please

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome chromerunner and a very nice pickup!
Some dish detergent, warm water and an old, soft toothbrush should help it sparkle :))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starzin|1412257670|3760561 said:
*GASP* TL they're gorgeous!!!

Oh my... I caught that you were looking for a moonstone - it's superb! - and that you said you must set the emerald - but that was only about 2 weeks ago!! Jeepers you move fast!

Congratulations :appl: They are just bayoodiful! :love:

Lots more pics please

Thanks Starzin,
I had that setting for the emerald for over ten years, and finally decided to use it. I didn't think to put them together.

The moonstone was a very lucky find. I'm so thrilled with it. This picture was taken in my car on a very overcast rainy day.

tlmoonstoneside.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Another *gasp* - that adularescence is wonderful, such a find in a stone of that size.

I also love and adore the setting - those "rolltop" 3-sided halos are my absolute favorite kind - so simple so utterly gorgeous. Where did you find it? Was the moonstone a calibrated size that you were able to snaffle a semi-mount? You must be over the moon (pun intended) :love:

The emerald looks wonderful in its new home and I can't believe you've had that setting empty for so long - they look made for each other. Close-up of that too please.

Oh these really need their own thread TL not buried in this one! Congratulations - you done good!!! :appl: :love: :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starzin|1412288274|3760898 said:
Another *gasp* - that adularescence is wonderful, such a find in a stone of that size.

I also love and adore the setting - those "rolltop" 3-sided halos are my absolute favorite kind - so simple so utterly gorgeous. Where did you find it? Was the moonstone a calibrated size that you were able to snaffle a semi-mount? You must be over the moon (pun intended) :love:

The emerald looks wonderful in its new home and I can't believe you've had that setting empty for so long - they look made for each other. Close-up of that too please.

Oh these really need their own thread TL not buried in this one! Congratulations - you done good!!! :appl: :love: :appl:

Thanks again Starzin. I had the setting made for the moonstone from an etsy semi mount dealer. She made special prongs for it as well, and my jeweler set it. Emeralds are soooo hard to photograph. It looks nothing like what I see in real life. For example, it's actually much darker than the mint garnet in the "family shot" above, and even more bluish and saturated, and I LOVE that garnet. Its a very bluish green mint. That's the best pic I could get out of several, very frustrating. :knockout:

Here's a comparison shot of how blue the moonstone is next to a regular more white moonstone. These are different stones.

moonstone_comparison.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I want a moonstone too. This thread is killing me with endless temptations.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1412296868|3760975 said:
Now I want a moonstone too. This thread is killing me with endless temptations.

I thought you had one. This stone is such a great performer. Here's a night photo in my kitchen under artificial lights. Okay, I'm done hijacking this thread with my moonstone now. LOL!

tlnightlightphotomoonstone.jpg

tlmoonstonekitchen.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
OmyOmyOmy - SUCH a stunner!

Now you've taken all these photos you must open a thread of it's own. People tend to think moonstones are somehow "lesser" and this beauty - in every sense of the word - shows that in the right setting they are positively mesmerizing.

This one just seems to love light no matter what it is and where it comes from :lol: Performer is right... it's an absolute show-off!

So pleased for you TL - this and the emerald. Thanks so much for posting them.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that moonstone! :love: :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous moonstone ring. I love the dreamy color. Dreamy... And yet it's such a statement piece :drool:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starzin, Lambskin, and Acinom,
You are all very kind. Thank you. :)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My last CS bling project custom cut Asscher Montana Sapphire 3.76 ct with .63cts of F color, VS2 Step trapezoid diamonds, and .25cts of F/G color VS2 quality baguette. ring size 4.75 18k white gold. Setting, traps, and baguette diamonds were sourced by David Klass. Love working with him :appl:

montanaasscherdt_sapdk.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I don't own one of these yet but would absolutely love a custom sapphire cluster ring by Mociun!

_23322.jpg

_23323.jpg

_23324.jpg

vadenstar

Rough_Rock
I have been waiting 7 months to be able to post this! Boyfriend finally proposed last night with this beauty. We had it custom made. 2ct unheated sapphire in platinum, not sure diamond ct yet, haven't gotten all the details. Please don't on't judge my poor photo skills. img_0147_1.jpg img_0145.jpg img_0156_0.jpg img_0157_1.jpg img_0148.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vadenstar,
You must start a new thread for your sapphire e-ring. It's gorgeous!

In the meantime, I've my own little bit to add. The sun came up after going AWOL for several days so I managed this by the window.

mixed_light.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding my latest CS:

Lapis lazuli cabochon ring in YG
2014-10-31_11.jpg

Sapphire and YG egg pendant
2014-10-31_17_2.jpg 2014-10-31_17_5.jpg