color
clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/27/2009 4:07:50 PM
Author: 23gb9v
Here is my three week old half bezel 1.23 ct. champagne diamond e-ring. I love it, as it is unique and the setting is from my mother. I'm a bit self concious of how masculine it looks to me sometimes, and people have been giving me mixed opinions on what they think of it...a lot of people prefer white gold and diamonds....and mine goes against the grain :) enjoy!
23gb9v,
Beautiful champagne diamond.

Here's my Mozambique cuprian and Nigerian rubellite. Both ebay stones and both in the same gem species - tourmaline, but so different in color. The rubellite has needle like inclusions, but it has a very velvety rich ruby red color, with blue undertones. Picture taken in very dim incandescent lighting. I bought the cuprian a very long time ago, when they were more moderately priced. It has a GIT memo that accompanied it.

The cuprian is 8.3mm and the rubellite is 9mm.

TLcuprianandrubellite.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more pic from a bit further away so I could capture some sparkle on the rubellite.

TLcuprianandrubellite2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the colour combo of turquoise and purple. They''ll make a great pendant together or some other piece of jewellery as a pair.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Chrono, but I''m going to to a ring for each. I wish I could do a figure eight halo with both stones - wouldn''t that be super gawdy?
emsmilep.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they are smaller, you could pull that off but not with stones over 8 mm each.
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t set them like that - no way, but it would be hilarious to see something like that on someone. Too gawdy!! I wish I could photoshop something silly like that.

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
Long time lurker coming out of hiding to share some of my pretties. Pink tourmaline candy wire ring from Vera Wang in 18k yg, it''s a handgrabber and has gotten me many compliments.

Vera 1.JPG

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know how to add more than one pic per post. Here''s my matching Vera necklace.

tourm cushion 2.JPG

Magenta

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous, Chicago!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chicago,
Very nice ring and pendant. I like your user name - gee, guess where I''m from? LOL!!

Too bad my hubby is a sox fan.
14.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cuprian tourmaline in sunlight glowing!

TLcuprianglow.JPG

Icy Melona

Shiny_Rock
Here's a piccie of ruby rings that don't belong to me but I wish it did! :D
I tried it on and my ring finger size is 7, these are untreated rubies (origin unknown to me) and I think one is over 5ct and the other over 1ct. The diamond ring is 1.12ct. My mom intends to change the setting as we both find the setting pretty ugly so I can't wait to see what she does with the stones. I think a halo will be nice for the little one though. :p Hmm... the rubies are really blood red in person but for some reason in this picture shows it shows up abit rusty red.

Red Colour.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 10:33:40 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Oh...your pictures are very nice. Did you get a new camera??? I have always loved that ring!!

Icy..those rings are beautiful!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/3/2009 7:33:52 PM
Author: mochi

Date: 5/2/2009 10:33:40 PM

Oh...your pictures are very nice. Did you get a new camera??? I have always loved that ring!!

Icy..those rings are beautiful!
Thanks Mochi!

No, not a new camera. It still washes out color, but I do love that stone. It has a huge window, and a giant inclusion across the table, but the color just pops. It''s more vivid in person.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to the bowling alley tonight, and there must have been something better about the lighting and I took a shot of my newest ring (green grossular). It came out nice I think. I didn't bowl, but I watched the family bowl (yes, I rather take pictures of my gemstone rings than bowl
26.gif
40.gif
)

TLgreengrossular2.JPG

gemnut

Shiny_Rock
Chicago your stones are very lovely and I adore the settings!

TL, great tourmaline and I'd kiill for a stone the color of your green grossular!!

Icy Melona, those rubies are awe-inspiring!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/4/2009 6:37:20 AM
Author: gemnut

TL, great tourmaline and I'd kiill for a stone the color of your green grossular!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks Gemnut,
Glad you like it - the garnet's color reminds me of ripe honeydew melon. Thanks for the comment on my tourmaline as well, are you talking about the ring? I have three on this page, that's why I ask.
9.gif

Chicago

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Gemnut, Tourmlover and Magenta for the kind words about my Vera tourms
face1.gif

gemnut

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/4/2009 10:03:07 PM

Date: 5/4/2009 6:37:20 AM

TL, great tourmaline and I''d kiill for a stone the color of your green grossular!!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks Gemnut,
Glad you like it - the garnet''s color reminds me of ripe honeydew melon. Thanks for the comment on my tourmaline as well, are you talking about the ring? I have three on this page, that''s why I ask.
9.gif
Yes TL, I was talking about your ring, it''s one of the loveliest blues I have ever seen. It''s the color I wanted for my own cuprian tourmaline ring but I could''t get. (Too expensive for poor little me
8.gif
||) Not that your other stones aren''t great as well! i love that rubellte!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
TL, I love the color of that cuprian. So yummy!
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/6/2009 10:03:03 AM

Yes TL, I was talking about your ring, it's one of the loveliest blues I have ever seen. It's the color I wanted for my own cuprian tourmaline ring but I could't get. (Too expensive for poor little me
8.gif
||) Not that your other stones aren't great as well! i love that rubellte!
Oh, that one!! Thank you! I think I paid around $150 for that stone on ebay (it's around 2 cts if I recall). The photo was atrocious, but I had a feeling it was neon. This was a couple of years ago though, and very little good material is being sold on ebay as of late, or it's heavily photshopped, or it's coated topaz or quartz. As you can see, it has major inclusions, but the color is just amazing. When I opened the package, it took my breath away.

As you can see, it's very saturated in he vendor photo below, and even though it's cut horribly and has inclusions, I always get tons of comments on it when I wear it. It even glows in cloudy rainy weather, no matter what light it's in. I guess when they say "color is everything" with colored gems, then this is a good example of that.

TLcuprianoval.JPG

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
My ruby.. Opps, I just realized how dirty the ring is! I should clean it before taking an photos..
38.gif

DSCF3419mini1.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chicago,
Those rope designs are so lovely and delicate.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL,
Your newest picture (the mint and cuprian) are so mcu better than the old ones, I would have guessed a new camera as well!
3.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icy,
The rubies look good even from a distance. Any chance of a closer picture? Macro mode?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2009 1:36:50 PM
Author: threepwood
My ruby.. Opps, I just realized how dirty the ring is! I should clean it before taking an photos..
38.gif
It only means there''s another excuse to take more pictures.
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/11/2009 11:35:16 PM
Author: Chrono
TL,
Your newest picture (the mint and cuprian) are so mcu better than the old ones, I would have guessed a new camera as well!
3.gif
Thanks Chrono,
Wait until I take new pics with my new digicam coming in the mail!!
31.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took some pics of my mandarin spessartite in the sun. The stone is cut deep so the prongs are touching the pavillion and closing off the cutlet. I need a new setting, but I just wanted to post a pic.

It''s exactly 4 carats.

TLspessartitesun2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s my badly cut cuprian up close and personal. Yes, it''s hideous cutting and it''s included, but I like the color in the sun, and I didn''t shrink the image. I think when I shrink the images, it gets washed out somehow.

TLcuprianupclose.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2009 4:47:21 PM
Here''s my badly cut cuprian up close and personal. Yes, it''s hideous cutting and it''s included, but I like the color in the sun, and I didn''t shrink the image. I think when I shrink the images, it gets washed out somehow.

It doesn''t look badly cut to me TL, and the color is to die for.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results