shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored lab diamonds from Brilliant Earth...?

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone!

Has anyone ever purchased a colored lab diamond from Brilliant Earth? They have quite a few to choose from, and the prices are decent. I am just looking for fun for now.

Also can someone post the website for Tianyu? I can't seem to find it anywhere and I would like to look at their colored labs. Or if anyone else has any recommendations for colored labs, please post below!

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
https://tygems.m.en.alibaba.com

A lot of people contact Tianyu employees directly through WhatsApp or their IG handles; there’s a lot of info in the fashion jewelry forum.

You also might checkout New World Diamonds for fancy colored MMD.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
https://tygems.m.en.alibaba.com

A lot of people contact Tianyu employees directly through WhatsApp or their IG handles; there’s a lot of info in the fashion jewelry forum.

You also might checkout New World Diamonds for fancy colored MMD.

Thanks!

I feel like the New World Diamonds are a little too saturated in color... and they don't have blue :( Maybe they'll get blue!

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
Thanks!

I feel like the New World Diamonds are a little too saturated in color... and they don't have blue :( Maybe they'll get blue!

They have blue:

I think their prices are better than BE, and I’ve read not-so-great things about BE’s customer service.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
They have blue:

I think their prices are better than BE, and I’ve read not-so-great things about BE’s customer service.

oh my, i'm not sure how I missed that. I've also heard things about BE's customer service... which makes me nervous about a big purchase.

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
I look at the blue ones a lot. I *might* be getting a pair of the royal blue studs gifted to me for Christmas, if I do I will post pictures!

I can’t decide if I want to do a project with a blue diamond next, or an alexandrite or other blue sapphire. First world problems!

Lisag103

Shiny_Rock
Hello everyone!

Has anyone ever purchased a colored lab diamond from Brilliant Earth? They have quite a few to choose from, and the prices are decent. I am just looking for fun for now.

Also can someone post the website for Tianyu? I can't seem to find it anywhere and I would like to look at their colored labs. Or if anyone else has any recommendations for colored labs, please post below!

Hi Sprinkles,

Ketan that I got my oval diamond from (labgrowndiamondco) posted a LG blue diamond on his IG stories recently, so he may have some or could source some. Think it was a round 1 carat. As it’s a story it’s gone now but might be worth a try.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I look at the blue ones a lot. I *might* be getting a pair of the royal blue studs gifted to me for Christmas, if I do I will post pictures!

I can’t decide if I want to do a project with a blue diamond next, or an alexandrite or other blue sapphire. First world problems!

omg please post pictures if you do!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sprinkles,

Ketan that I got my oval diamond from (labgrowndiamondco) posted a LG blue diamond on his IG stories recently, so he may have some or could source some. Think it was a round 1 carat. As it’s a story it’s gone now but might be worth a try.

oh cool! I should check it out, thank you!

mission_frisson

Rough_Rock
I saw you commented on my lab blue - thanks for the kind words =)2

You may be running into the same frustration I had where only a few vendors have their stock online. I eventually found options from d.Nea, Krikawa and Ada Diamonds by contacting them through their site inquiry or chat functions. All the vendors were very helpful in providing info but didn't have exactly what I wanted within my budget.

For what it's worth, I just looked at blue labs from BE around the size of mine and they are over twice what I paid. As I stated in my post, I wasn't extremely picky with my ring and would have preferred a more traditional approach to shopping but Tianyu worked for this project.

Good luck!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

You may be running into the same frustration I had where only a few vendors have their stock online. I eventually found options from d.Nea, Krikawa and Ada Diamonds by contacting them through their site inquiry or chat functions. All the vendors were very helpful in providing info but didn't have exactly what I wanted within my budget.

For what it's worth, I just looked at blue labs from BE around the size of mine and they are over twice what I paid. As I stated in my post, I wasn't extremely picky with my ring and would have preferred a more traditional approach to shopping but Tianyu worked for this project.

Good luck!

Your lab diamond is what inspired me! It’s perfect! So many look too saturated or too fake-y. It’s soooo hard! Did anyone you spoke to talk about having one custom grown/cut for you? I am not sure if Tianyu has all of their stock listed online, because it seems pretty meager when I checked :(

mission_frisson

Rough_Rock
I didn't entertain custom growth because I wasn't sure that I was going to get. I think the Tianyu site only shows examples of lab blues you can custom order.

I got lucky to see 4 or 5 lab blue options right when I decided to start following Tianyu reps on Instagram (and there are a lot :wall:). I haven't seen many more since but I think they only started offering colored lab options four months ago.

Sorry if I'm not terribly helpful! Hopefully this space will improve as more vendors get involved.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
They have blue:

Wow. Lab diamonds are way more expensive than I would have expected. Is there some advantage to these over irradiated natural diamonds?

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wondered the same thing Re irradiated blue diamonds and lab grown blue diamonds. I thought irradiated blue diamonds were really cheap as I have seen them for sale in awful mall jewelry stores as an another option for brown diamonds and all are set in sterling silver or vermeil.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I will say, that they have an exceptionally distinct blue color that I have not seen with other vendors. Also-it depends on who responds to your inquiry. I have had good luck with Tianyau through alibaba. There seems to be several reps there that respond to requests. The more detailed you are, the faster they respond. Also I've noticed they ALL want your "budget". None of them want to tell you what's in stock. Mainly because it changes daily. But they can make everything.

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
They have blue:

My family, friends and myself have gotten lab diamonds from NWD. For local US buyers, think NWD is alright. However as we are international buyers, we were falsely promised that we were able to do trades in. When I tried to do so, the customer service said that I am not eligible and ghosted me. After which I stopped buying from them and felt bad that I have recommended NWD to my family and friends.

Last edited:

La2020

Brilliant_Rock

Good luck!

where can i find your thread! I love blue diamonds too!

La2020

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone!

What about http://www.diamondsbylauren.com or https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/OurosJ...ame&listing_id=1044552252&section_id=34175860 They have nice blues too.

NWD uses CVD and Ouros uses HPHT though. I have read somewhere that HPHT seems to produce more saturated colors for Lab.

Last edited:

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I purchased a Blue through Brilliant Earth a few years ago.
I purposely wanted one that looked as close to natural so that meant no post growth treatment.
These days, it seems like most of the Blues they list have an unnatural looking color. If you're gonna go with them, ask them for HPHT stones with no post growth treatment.

This is mine: It's hard for me to capture the true color in pics, but it looks very similar to the Tianyue one posted above (which I think is gorgeous!!)

F VS1 AND BLUE HPHT.jpg

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HPHT stones with no post growth treatment.

I have seen a few blue Lab Grown stones claimed to be no post growth.....but they really didn't look all that ...natural....
Clearly things are changing rapidly- but the bulk of Lab Grown Blue diamonds on the market are irradiated....aside from the faint blue ones.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I have seen a few blue Lab Grown stones claimed to be no post growth.....but they really didn't look all that ...natural....
Clearly things are changing rapidly- but the bulk of Lab Grown Blue diamonds on the market are irradiated....aside from the faint blue ones.

That's why I said ask them for HPHT stones with no post growth treatment. They might have some, or they might not.

We've been down this road in another thread, let's not start here as well.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
If they exist and have lab reports to prove it, it will be enlightening to all.....

Show me IGI reports from years ago that list not only the type of lab a diamond is, but also what kind of post growth treatment a colored lab diamond had. I don't believe they exist because IGI didn't mention anything back then.

GIA though did examine them:
"Blue HPHT synthetics result from the presence of boron within the growth chamber. Colorless HPHT synthetics are reportedly sold as-grown without post-growth color modification (D’Haenens-Johansson et al., 2014), and they often contain small amounts of boron, which does not alter their color (but does impart luminescence)."

Sorry this thread got derailed @Sprinkles&Stones this is my last post on the subject of HPHT and post growth treatment.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Please keep us informed @Sprinkles&Stones !

There are many claims being made regarding Fancy Colored Lab Grown Diamonds that are.....questionable. At the wholesale as well as retail level.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results