carat
color
clarity

Colored gem beauties (lab-created)

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
My lab pink sapphire from @PrecisionGem :kiss2:

IMG_4571.jpg

So I removed the hot pink sapphire in this setting and replaced it with a different sapphire...
I'm sad that I can't wear set it in a ring anymore, but I really want to put it on a pendant.
It's a big gem (9.9 x 7.5 mm) but I'd like to be able to set it in a design that I can wear most days...

Does anyone have any ideas? Pinterest has been a bust for me... :(

Peary

Shiny_Rock
I got a light pink lab-created sapphire, 7.5x10mm, about 3.5 ct from Gary at Finewater. Sometimes in the sunlight, I see it more as lilac. The setting is CvB's "luminere" halo.

1737Outdoors.jpeg
IMG_0309.jpeg
IMG_0311.jpeg
IMG_0314.jpeg

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I got a light pink lab-created sapphire, 7.5x10mm, about 3.5 ct from Gary at Finewater. Sometimes in the sunlight, I see it more as lilac. The setting is CvB's "luminere" halo.

1737Outdoors.jpeg
IMG_0309.jpeg
IMG_0311.jpeg
IMG_0314.jpeg

This is so pretty

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

1737Outdoors.jpeg
IMG_0309.jpeg
IMG_0311.jpeg
IMG_0314.jpeg

I love that! In fact, I have a similar ring on the way from David Klass. Mine is a spess but very much like yours otherwise. :)

Peary

Shiny_Rock
I love that! In fact, I have a similar ring on the way from David Klass. Mine is a spess but very much like yours otherwise. :)

please share it when you have it! if I could redo, I'd probably go a bit smaller. I didnt realize the halo makes it look so much bigger than a soli

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
please share it when you have it! if I could redo, I'd probably go a bit smaller. I didnt realize the halo makes it look so much bigger than a soli

In true PS fashion, my first thought after reading that was "Oh, don't worry, you'll get used to the size in no time!" :lol:

OMG but seriously, I'm in love with that ring and the color of the sapphire! I just commissioned Gary for a 9mm asscher "royal blue" lab sapphire, but my partner wants a 3 stone with light pink sapphires and yours is exactly the color they want. Thank you for sharing pictures of your scrumptious ring!

Peary

Shiny_Rock
In true PS fashion, my first thought after reading that was "Oh, don't worry, you'll get used to the size in no time!" :lol:

OMG but seriously, I'm in love with that ring and the color of the sapphire! I just commissioned Gary for a 9mm asscher "royal blue" lab sapphire, but my partner wants a 3 stone with light pink sapphires and yours is exactly the color they want. Thank you for sharing pictures of your scrumptious ring!

I really like working with Gary! He's so nice and responsive via email. He also seems to have so many different colors of lab material and he cuts them quick!

I can't wait to see your and your partner's rings!!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I have two light pink lab sapphires from Finewater (settings by David Klass), a yellow gold pendant and a white gold ring. Mine are in the 5-7 carat range. They look so different in different lights.

light pink pendant2.jpg pink pendant3.jpg light pink pendant.jpg pink ring.jpg pink ring3.jpg pink ring2.jpg

Last edited:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I have two light pink lab sapphires from Finewater (settings by David Klass), a yellow gold pendant and a white gold ring. Mine are in the 5-7 carat range. They look so different in different lights.

light pink pendant2.jpg pink pendant3.jpg light pink pendant.jpg pink ring.jpg pink ring3.jpg pink ring2.jpg

Holy cow! You gals are making me want one of these gorgeous pink sapphires! What a beautiful pink!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock

Wow! These are super pretty!!! :0 Making me want a similar pendant!!!

Peary

Shiny_Rock

They're beautiful! And yes, they can appear much pinker in different lighting.

Peary

Shiny_Rock
My lab pad set along with my 6.8 mm cushion cut cobalt blue lab spinel (both from Gene @ Precision Gem)

Hello @lilmosun ! I love the color of your spinel from Gene. Do you recall whether this was the flame fusion or Czochralski? I want to get one from Gene, but want the rough with that same neon/electric cobalt blue color. Thank you!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello @lilmosun ! I love the color of your spinel from Gene. Do you recall whether this was the flame fusion or Czochralski? I want to get one from Gene, but want the rough with that same neon/electric cobalt blue color. Thank you!

Thank you! I think its Czochralski, but don't have it in my notes. Here is a screenshot from Gene if it helps him identify the material..it's from Russia (would love to know if he can!).

Precision Gem Cobalt Spinel (2020_08_12 05_33_17 UTC).png

Peary

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I think its Czochralski, but don't have it in my notes. Here is a screenshot from Gene if it helps him identify the material..it's from Russia (would love to know if he can!).

Precision Gem Cobalt Spinel (2020_08_12 05_33_17 UTC).png

Thank you for such a quick response, @lilmosun ! He said he only has the flame fusion available for now to cut in the size I wanted. The Czochralski (which is yours) is in too large of a piece right now. I saw that Finewater recently posted a lab spinel as well. I think they're all slightly different colors. I really love the color of yours, it's so...electric!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock

Oh my goodness! That pendant is gorgeous!! Do you happen to have any close up pics?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Instead of a Sapphire, would you consider Paraiba YAG?

This is the Paraiba YAG cushion that Gary cut for me last year or in 2020 (the other two are a blue Sapphire in Asscher cut and an EC Ruby, all lab stones from him):

FW_Lab_Sapphire_YAG_Ruby_02.jpg

Pic of the 3 stones when the sun disappeared behind clouds:

FW_Lab_Sapphire_YAG_Ruby.jpg

DK :))

@mellowyellowgirl here is a couple of pics of the lab Sapphire that Gary has cut for me, in case you would consider a lab stone.

I can't justify the price of a natural Sapphire, heat or unheated, for the size that I would like, as true blue is not high on my list. Hence I went down the lab stone route to tick the "blue" box.

Kristen L

Rough_Rock
h
@Kristen L I just wanted to say your avatar pic is stunning! Is that a paraiba yag? :kiss2:

9698F998-72BB-4D7A-8A3C-E66BD8E5BD75.jpeg
Hi Elle! Thank you! Sorry for the late reply. Yup, paraiba yag, it’s still my favorite ring. I need to get Gene to cut me another stone soon.

Kristen L

Rough_Rock
Got the blue one set and just received today! Love the color and yellow gold setting. F4F0B915-C7A2-4EFD-B777-9CC354CEFF15.jpeg 399C7447-7ED8-4EA4-9AC7-832539D2EB81.jpeg

We are ring twins. My exact ring almost except mine is rose gold. I love this so much I almost got my second custom in the same setting but forced myself on another design. I love me a nice solitaire!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
h

Hi Elle! Thank you! Sorry for the late reply. Yup, paraiba yag, it’s still my favorite ring. I need to get Gene to cut me another stone soon.

It's stunning! I wear mine (also from Gene) all the time. :mrgreen: :kiss2:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl here is a couple of pics of the lab Sapphire that Gary has cut for me, in case you would consider a lab stone.

I can't justify the price of a natural Sapphire, heat or unheated, for the size that I would like, as true blue is not high on my list. Hence I went down the lab stone route to tick the "blue" box.

Thanks DK! They are beautiful but there is something about the cheapie blue I’m looking into that I love!

That lab ruby though! That’s gorgeous! Can’t wait to see you set it! Haha and again more stashed away projects!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I follow you on Instagram. Your collection of colors is so amazing! Love them!!!

Thank you! That’s very sweet. :kiss2: I love to follow fellow PSers on IG, if you want to send me a dm (you know, if I’m not already following you).

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
After an embarrassing number of starts on design ideas for this lab sapphire, I just found a ready-made setting on ebay for only about $400 and decided to try it. It is listed as 14k and diamonds, from diamondjewelry8, shown below. We shall see!

Has anyone bought from them before?

1669770235793.jpeg

1669770271721.jpeg

1669770433263.png

Last edited:

Peary

Shiny_Rock
After an embarrassing number of starts on design ideas for this lab sapphire, I just found a ready-made setting on ebay for only about $400 and decided to try it. It is listed as 14k and diamonds, from diamondjewelry8, shown below. We shall see!

Has anyone bought from them before?

1669770235793.jpeg

1669770271721.jpeg

1669770433263.png

Wow that sapphire is gorgeous!!! I’ve seen a few of Gary’s posts on “paraiba” lab sapphires, is this one of them? The color is so beautiful, do you have any more photos of that stone?

I think a double halo setting would be perfect!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Wow that sapphire is gorgeous!!! I’ve seen a few of Gary’s posts on “paraiba” lab sapphires, is this one of them? The color is so beautiful, do you have any more photos of that stone?

I think a double halo setting would be perfect!

Thanks, Peary. Yes, it's one of Gary's "paraiba" lab sapphires. I did post a bunch of pics of it around here somewhere, awhile back.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Bumping this because I don’t want to start my own thread :lol-2:

I impulsively bought a custom cut lab emerald from Precision Gem. Will share here when I receive it!

Yay thats exciting!!! Can't wait for you to show us :D

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Yay thats exciting!!! Can't wait for you to show us :D

Thanks! I've always wanted to buy a lab emerald from Precision Gem, but I was always too late when Gene would drop them on his website. I haven't seen lab emeralds on there in a looooonnnng time, so I decided to jump the gun and message him for a custom cut. Thankfully he had some lab rough to cut me a stone! I don't know what I'll do with it but it will most likely be a RHR in yellow gold. I'm hoping I don't regret the size I bought (7mm round); I didn't want to go too big but now I kinda wish I went with a 8mm...

I'm also worried this might be an addiction for me. If this goes well I might ask for a Czochralski ruby next or alexandrite. Or maybe a cobalt blue spinel. I don't know. :lol-2::eek2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results