shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored gem beauties (lab-created)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
That is GORGEOUS! What's your plan for her??

Thank you! I'm having my current e-ring diamond made into a bracelet and then I plan to have the lab sapphire above (7 carats) made into a new e-ring.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I'm having my current e-ring diamond made into a bracelet and then I plan to have the lab sapphire above (7 carats) made into a new e-ring.

Ooh I can't wait to see it! I just received a lab sapphire from Gary as well, and have just placed an order for a pair of lab rubies for earrings. This is addictive! :mrgreen:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

Inbloom

Shiny_Rock

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The fabulous Gary does it again! He just cut me a pair of 5mm lab rubies that I plan to set into 3 pointer diamond halos as stud earrings. My 5 year old daughter's middle name is Ruby, and I've always wanted a ruby something because of that. I just love them.

I hope they glisten like your beauty @emeraldhummingbird!!

1500LabRubyPair (002).jpg
1500Outdoors.jpg

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
:shock: Holy shmoles, that looks like you wrested it from an idol's eye and lived to tell the tale! Now it's magic is yours:love::love:
It's amazing!

Haha! You paint a great picture!
When I think of rubies I do think of the one Abu was mesmerised by in the cave of wonders in the Disney Aladdin movie, so that is an apt description! :D

Wow! That video is insane! :love:

Thank you, I figured video was called for to be able to show sparkle!

Wowie wow wow! Give it jotw please like right now. Your ring looks even better in these pics/video than the vendor shots!

Thank you @Inbloom! Yes I think David's photos were brightened to be able to see more detail in the setting itself to show off his intricate work. The stone looks much better in person =)2

The fabulous Gary does it again! He just cut me a pair of 5mm lab rubies that I plan to set into 3 pointer diamond halos as stud earrings. My 5 year old daughter's middle name is Ruby, and I've always wanted a ruby something because of that. I just love them.

I hope they glisten like your beauty @emeraldhummingbird!!

1500LabRubyPair (002).jpg
1500Outdoors.jpg

@Dandi They jump out of the page! I'm sure they will look awesome in person, they are so bright and I can see gorgeous contrast in the facets from just the photo :kiss2:

Inbloom

Shiny_Rock
DSC_0121.jpg
Yet another precision-cut sapphire (this time lab) rhr coming my way! I had none of these inclinations until I started perusing these colored stone forums! Thanks a lot!!! :lol:

IMG_1414.jpeg

Responding to my own post, hah. So you can see that the real life shot on my phone of the stone matches the professional photo above. What a testament to Bryan's cutting skills! Stag & Finch is wonderful, highly recommend them (and Canada to US shipping took only 1 day!).

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
IMG_1414.jpeg

Responding to my own post, hah. So you can see that the real life shot on my phone of the stone matches the professional photo above. What a testament to Bryan's cutting skills! Stag & Finch is wonderful, highly recommend them (and Canada to US shipping took only 1 day!).

Absolutely gorgeous!! I have wondered a lot about Stag & Finch lab stones but hadn't seen many real life shots. Is this the royal blue colour? The saturation is beautiful, but it's not too dark. You must be thrilled!! Any chance of more pics in other lighting conditions?!

Inbloom

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!! I have wondered a lot about Stag & Finch lab stones but hadn't seen many real life shots. Is this the royal blue colour? The saturation is beautiful, but it's not too dark. You must be thrilled!! Any chance of more pics in other lighting conditions?!

Thanks @emeraldhummingbird! Even though I didn't want a really dark blue, I still chose royal blue because the other blue hues were too light for me. So I specifically asked Bryan to cut me a "light" royal blue if there is such a thing. I really think the type of facet design can bring a dark stone to life - the way it's cut captures whatever light there is and reflects it in a way that creates contrast. If you look at stagandfinch.com under their "facet designs" section, you can see all the designs they do. Their reddit page has a few posts from customers showing off their rings too. For future stones, I don't think I'll be able to go for anything except precision cut. There are so many interesting, unique, and beautiful facet designs out there!

The picture prior was actually captured outdoors in shade. The stone really glows in outdoor shade actually - I love it in that lighting condition. The following are in sunlight and indoors in front of a window. The most unflattering is of course the one in a dimly lit room. Hope this helps!

IMG_1411.jpeg IMG_1450.jpeg IMG_1425.jpeg

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @emeraldhummingbird! Even though I didn't want a really dark blue, I still chose royal blue because the other blue hues were too light for me. So I specifically asked Bryan to cut me a "light" royal blue if there is such a thing. I really think the type of facet design can bring a dark stone to life - the way it's cut captures whatever light there is and reflects it in a way that creates contrast. If you look at stagandfinch.com under their "facet designs" section, you can see all the designs they do. Their reddit page has a few posts from customers showing off their rings too. For future stones, I don't think I'll be able to go for anything except precision cut. There are so many interesting, unique, and beautiful facet designs out there!

The picture prior was actually captured outdoors in shade. The stone really glows in outdoor shade actually - I love it in that lighting condition. The following are in sunlight and indoors in front of a window. The most unflattering is of course the one in a dimly lit room. Hope this helps!

IMG_1411.jpeg IMG_1450.jpeg IMG_1425.jpeg

Amazing!! Thanks for the additional pics. It looks so great! I think a royal blue may have just shot to the top of my wishlist :D

mamalovesgems

Rough_Rock
That’s mine!
I inquired about a more orange pad because the other lab pads are way too pink for me. He found some old rough and cut this. It’s bigger than I initially had in mind but couldn’t pass it up!

Did you post photos of your lovely stone when you received it? Does the color shift in different lighting?

FL_Sol

Shiny_Rock
Did you post photos of your lovely stone when you received it? Does the color shift in different lighting?

I did not but really should, I just don’t have a lot of time. I have decided to sell it but never even got around to doing that, either. I might get to posting photos tomorrow.
I wouldn’t say it shifts color, it remains a nice orange all the time. It doesn’t have much pink in it. It is a very warm color and I have slightly cool neutral undertones and think more pink would look best on me.
I will tag you if I get around to posting photos.

roxta

Shiny_Rock
Is it possible to get lab sapphires in pastel purple (lavender, lilac, etc)? All the purples I can find are richer or darker shades, or shifting "alexandrite".

Attachments

• ef93d9c5ab45ff7402cd5fa413deb2da.jpg
    ef93d9c5ab45ff7402cd5fa413deb2da.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 12

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
Is it possible to get lab sapphires in pastel purple (lavender, lilac, etc)? All the purples I can find are richer or darker shades, or shifting "alexandrite".

I don't see why not. One of the things I really like about the lab sapphires is they're available in SO many colors :). I've had FABULOUS experience with Debebians and StagandFinch.
I hope you enjoy the process of getting whatever you've envisioned for yourself. Looking forward to seeing what you choose!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 3 stones from Gary of Finewater Gems fame arrived a few days ago, a Sapphire, a YAG and a Ruby:

837393 837394

DK :))

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
My 3 stones from Gary of Finewater Gems fame arrived a few days ago, a Sapphire, a YAG and a Ruby:

FW_Lab_Sapphire_YAG_Ruby.jpg FW_Lab_Sapphire_YAG_Ruby_02.jpg

DK :))

@dk168 those are delightful! Like Jolly Ranchers or delicious candies! What are your plans with the YAG?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results