shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored gem beauties (lab-created)

Blings

Rough_Rock
Hi Icy Jade, it was me! I bought a yag and received a rhodolite instead. :(2
Unfortunately I am out of country at the moment and will return on 11 Oct. I told Gene I'll send it back to him as soon as I get home, and he will forward it to you.
Hang in there --- it will be on your way in 2 weeks!

Did anyone order a cushion YAG from Gene/Precision Gem recently and received a rhodolite instead? :P2

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
:cry2::cry2::cry2:

I'm so sad. I think the pad sapphire was damaged in transit. One of the corners has a nick on the underside. It's hard to see without a loupe, but I can feel it with my finger.

Otherwise, it's a beautiful stone. But I'm conflicted whether to keep it.

Indoor, indirect natural light
IMG_20190329_164157173.jpg
Outside, in direct (albeit very gloomy) light. It shows more peach undertone IRL.
IMG_20190329_164050472.jpg

Now the nick in the corner :cry2:
IMG_20190329_165751345.jpg IMG_20190329_171410956.jpg

Wow sorry I’m so late to the thread! But that color is amazing! Im on a hunt for a peachy pink lab sapphire and that color is stunning. Do you know it’s possible to even purchase the same color from gene?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hi Icy Jade, it was me! I bought a yag and received a rhodolite instead. :(2
Unfortunately I am out of country at the moment and will return on 11 Oct. I told Gene I'll send it back to him as soon as I get home, and he will forward it to you.
Hang in there --- it will be on your way in 2 weeks!

Ok! Good to know where it went. Thanks! :P2

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Wow sorry I’m so late to the thread! But that color is amazing! Im on a hunt for a peachy pink lab sapphire and that color is stunning. Do you know it’s possible to even purchase the same color from gene?
Yes, he has pad lab sapphires on his site from time to time.

You need to sign up for his newsletter so you know when he has new stones. And be ready to POUNCE, lol, because his lab stones seem to sell within minutes.

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
Yes, he has pad lab sapphires on his site from time to time.

You need to sign up for his newsletter so you know when he has new stones. And be ready to POUNCE, lol, because his lab stones seem to sell within minutes.

I just emailed him. Thanks! How did you like the color of the pad lab sapphire? By any chance do you have a video? Would love to see if you have any! :)

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
I just emailed him. Thanks! How did you like the color of the pad lab sapphire? By any chance do you have a video? Would love to see if you have any! :)
No I didn't take any video. But maybe other PS'ers who have the pad sapphire can help you out there.

The color was really beautiful. More peachy in the outdoor direct light.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
E65A3CFB-B15C-4C33-BB17-EAFA60019C08.jpeg

I think I may really really like this!

I’ve put this for sale on LT.
its not the material he led me to believe it was, and I can’t believe I needed to state I wanted a rounded cushion shape that was not made with straight lines and angles.
He led me to believe he had a small bit of the original boule I specifically wanted, and I pretty much knew he subbed the more common vibrant material when he told me the 3+ carat weight.
It’ll make someone else pretty happy!

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
I would also like to know! I was actually thinking of purchasing from stag and finch.

Bryan at Stagandfinch sent me these photos and I really LOVE how the very large lab blue sapphire he cut looks :). It was a special cut and I think he and Melanie "nailed" it :). If you'd like for me to post my own photos when I receive this stone, I'll give it a shot, but my photography isn't so great :(.

I gave Bryan inspiration photos and video of the stone I wanted, and I am SO happy with the pics of what Stagandfinch created with their lab blue that did not go "dark" :). 716687 716686 716685

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve put this for sale on LT.
its not the material he led me to believe it was, and I can’t believe I needed to state I wanted a rounded cushion shape that was not made with straight lines and angles.
He led me to believe he had a small bit of the original boule I specifically wanted, and I pretty much knew he subbed the more common vibrant material when he told me the 3+ carat weight.
It’ll make someone else pretty happy!

I feel crazy because I’m quoting myself - but I have to add that he’s now offered to refund. He does indeed still have a piece of the original boule- and I reminded him I had requested him to discuss what can be done with that exact piece size-wise and we’d go from there.
I think that’s where the miscommunication started.

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
I feel crazy because I’m quoting myself - but I have to add that he’s now offered to refund. He does indeed still have a piece of the original boule- and I reminded him I had requested him to discuss what can be done with that exact piece size-wise and we’d go from there.
I think that’s where the miscommunication started.

I think it's great that you've been offered a refund and I assume it's no longer for sale? I was going to make an offer, but I'm sure it's better for you to get your refund and then move forward with the stone you want :)!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's great that you've been offered a refund and I assume it's no longer for sale? I was going to make an offer, but I'm sure it's better for you to get your refund and then move forward with the stone you want :)!
Yeah- It doesn’t sound like he’s willing to move forward with that rough he has left, for me anyways.
You can contact me thru this listing, if you still want to make an offer.
I didn’t ask for a refund. He offered and i don’t want to assume it’s a full refund.

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
Bryan at Stagandfinch sent me these photos and I really LOVE how the very large lab blue sapphire he cut looks :). It was a special cut and I think he and Melanie "nailed" it :). If you'd like for me to post my own photos when I receive this stone, I'll give it a shot, but my photography isn't so great :(.

I gave Bryan inspiration photos and video of the stone I wanted, and I am SO happy with the pics of what Stagandfinch created with their lab blue that did not go "dark" :). DSC_1724.jpg DSC_1729.jpg DSC_1764.jpg

Wow yes! Please share your own photos when you receive it! Is this the royal blue lab sapphire? What size mm is this? It’s amazing! Love the color!!

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
Wow yes! Please share your own photos when you receive it! Is this the royal blue lab sapphire? What size mm is this? It’s amazing! Love the color!!
Bryan picked out the lab blue color to use, and I think he had FOUR to choose from :). He picked the one that would not go "dark" in this size--I really wanted to be able to see his faceting. He gave me these dimensions: 14mm x 10.5mm and 10.4 carats. The "inspiration" stone is one that Debebians has on their Instagram page. Their stone was a tanzanite, and I couldn't afford that stone, and as I understand it, it's also softer than sapphire on the Mohs scale, so I was HAPPY when Bryan agreed to this job for me!

I'm not sure if you've used Debebians yet -- I have at our mutual friend's suggestion, and holy cow, am I glad I did! No ring yet from Debebians, but TWO bezel set station necklaces and Sam put a double row halo around smallish existing diamond studs I had. Impeccable work, and where I live, I can't get that type of craftsmanship.

It'll a take a while longer, as Bryan & Melanie are in Canada, but this stone will be here soon enough, and then on it's way to Maggie & Sam!

Let me know if you have any other questions and good luck in your quest--I felt like I was looking for a unicorn! Bryan & Melanie delivered!

BMI

Shiny_Rock
WOW!!! This is BEAUTIFUL! :kiss2:

1570687904573.png

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
Bryan picked out the lab blue color to use, and I think he had FOUR to choose from :). He picked the one that would not go "dark" in this size--I really wanted to be able to see his faceting. He gave me these dimensions: 14mm x 10.5mm and 10.4 carats. The "inspiration" stone is one that Debebians has on their Instagram page. Their stone was a tanzanite, and I couldn't afford that stone, and as I understand it, it's also softer than sapphire on the Mohs scale, so I was HAPPY when Bryan agreed to this job for me!

I'm not sure if you've used Debebians yet -- I have at our mutual friend's suggestion, and holy cow, am I glad I did! No ring yet from Debebians, but TWO bezel set station necklaces and Sam put a double row halo around smallish existing diamond studs I had. Impeccable work, and where I live, I can't get that type of craftsmanship.

It'll a take a while longer, as Bryan & Melanie are in Canada, but this stone will be here soon enough, and then on it's way to Maggie & Sam!

Let me know if you have any other questions and good luck in your quest--I felt like I was looking for a unicorn! Bryan & Melanie delivered!

Oh awesome! Maybe you were the one that angelwaye was referring to that recently someone had a nice huge size recently cut by Stag and finch! Haha! I am soo excited for you!! I have been going back and forth emailing Bryan and I didn’t purchase my lab peach sapphire just yet, he said he’s going to show me a photo of a cushion lab peach sapphire by next week that he had cut for a customer.. so excited to see that! I’ve been debating going back and forth if I want a cushion or an assher cut! Ah decision decisions lol

And yes! Sam at Debebians, I plan to have him make my setting for my lab sapphire once I really figure out what I really want.. it may take forever but I want to make sure this ring project goes exactly how I want it to be☺️ I was going to have David Klass create the ring but he seems forever busy lol so I’ll go with Sam since he seems just as amazing!!

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I am the one that Angelwaye is talking about! Debebians has this ring on their Instagram page and I fell in love with it. It has a very large tanzanite stone in it that had a special cut. I wanted "blue" so I started looking at lab sapphire and lab spinel--Stagandfinch really did a good job. Maggie at Debebians helped by giving me additional photos of the tanzanite that Bryan used to do the cutting :).

I have only used Debebians, and don't have a ring yet, but they did not take that long :). I had a ring mounting with 18 diamonds "re-purposed" into a scatter necklace, and I'd estimate 3 weeks total. The earrings, and my second necklace took about the same amount of time--maybe less :).

I did reach out to DK before having my first necklace made at Debebians and they were really busy, and I got a response quickly (same day) from Maggie :). That made it a very easy decision!

You may be surprised about not having to wait too long if you go with Maggie & Sam. I know I was so happily surprised, and the quality, OMG, SO good.

Bryan was wonderful (Stagandfinch). My big blue lab sapphire will probably be here at the end of next week, and then I will send it to Debebians for the ring that I really loved--from their Instagram photos:

1570796007768.png 1570795989032.png

I love large stones (and I think the Debebians' mounting is REALLY nice), so I'm closer to having it!

Take your time and pick the ring you really want--I'm confident this will be an heirloom piece and will get a lot of wear!

Oh awesome! Maybe you were the one that angelwaye was referring to that recently someone had a nice huge size recently cut by Stag and finch! Haha! I am soo excited for you!! I have been going back and forth emailing Bryan and I didn’t purchase my lab peach sapphire just yet, he said he’s going to show me a photo of a cushion lab peach sapphire by next week that he had cut for a customer.. so excited to see that! I’ve been debating going back and forth if I want a cushion or an assher cut! Ah decision decisions lol

And yes! Sam at Debebians, I plan to have him make my setting for my lab sapphire once I really figure out what I really want.. it may take forever but I want to make sure this ring project goes exactly how I want it to be☺ I was going to have David Klass create the ring but he seems forever busy lol so I’ll go with Sam since he seems just as amazing!!

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I am the one that Angelwaye is talking about! Debebians has this ring on their Instagram page and I fell in love with it. It has a very large tanzanite stone in it that had a special cut. I wanted "blue" so I started looking at lab sapphire and lab spinel--Stagandfinch really did a good job. Maggie at Debebians helped by giving me additional photos of the tanzanite that Bryan used to do the cutting :).

I have only used Debebians, and don't have a ring yet, but they did not take that long :). I had a ring mounting with 18 diamonds "re-purposed" into a scatter necklace, and I'd estimate 3 weeks total. The earrings, and my second necklace took about the same amount of time--maybe less :).

I did reach out to DK before having my first necklace made at Debebians and they were really busy, and I got a response quickly (same day) from Maggie :). That made it a very easy decision!

You may be surprised about not having to wait too long if you go with Maggie & Sam. I know I was so happily surprised, and the quality, OMG, SO good.

Bryan was wonderful (Stagandfinch). My big blue lab sapphire will probably be here at the end of next week, and then I will send it to Debebians for the ring that I really loved--from their Instagram photos:
Linda your stone from Stag & Finch looks gorgeous! Can’t wait until you get it in person!
1570796007768.png 1570795989032.png

I love large stones (and I think the Debebians' mounting is REALLY nice), so I'm closer to having it!

Take your time and pick the ring you really want--I'm confident this will be an heirloom piece and will get a lot of wear!

And yes! Sam at Debebians, I plan to have him make my setting for my lab sapphire once I really figure out what I really want.. it may take forever but I want to make sure this ring project goes exactly how I want it to be☺ I was going to have David Klass create the ring but he seems forever busy lol so I’ll go with Sam since he seems just as amazing!!

Yes, go slow with the process so you get the ring you love this time!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Yeah- It doesn’t sound like he’s willing to move forward with that rough he has left, for me anyways.
I'm so sad he misled you. Why even mention that he has a boule left, if he's not willing to cut it for you? This is just not good business ethics.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sad he misled you. Why even mention that he has a boule left, if he's not willing to cut it for you? This is just not good business ethics.
I think it was a miscommunication. I think he missed it when I wrote for him to contact me to discuss the size and shape of what could be obtained from what was left of that specific material. I would have sacrificed size and shape, and was open to a huge culet or (gasp!) window.
So I fully believe he thought ( since he believes these two materials are the same in color - I don’t) it was a favor to me in getting a larger finished stone than what I asked for.
I believe he has great ethics.
I wrote to him to explain my disappointment in the material - but his cutting is great. I never asked to return.
He offered a full refund. 100%. I don’t think that’s common. He’d eat the PayPal fees too. That’s not right.
If I return the stone - I’m having him keep all the initial project deposit.
I’m only returning the stone if I can be positive the material I have is different - and what I see lacking in it isn’t due to my specific location/latitude.
To be continued......
(Dang....I’m wordy:shock:)

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous and I wish I had seen it earlier.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two synthetic rubies, the ring bought for the setting

Attachments

• 54171790-1CB9-4AD9-87AF-02C1864E3823.jpeg
    54171790-1CB9-4AD9-87AF-02C1864E3823.jpeg
    147.4 KB · Views: 84
  • CD62D881-2B91-41B5-AA44-1A547AF0497C.jpeg
    CD62D881-2B91-41B5-AA44-1A547AF0497C.jpeg
    143.7 KB · Views: 98
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results