shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored gem beauties (lab-created)

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
This might also stir up some folks, but does anyone else hesitate to do business with Gene now that this has come to light? I’d be hard pressed to give my hard earned dollars to someone that supports a cause like this.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
haha do trust doctors, but know that they are human and therefore fallible just like the rest of us. And some are corrupt and awful, like this one.

I’m a big fan of second opinions, that’s all. Lol. And I’m very leery of medications they robotically write prescriptions for just so they can get kick backs. Not everyone that goes to a doctor wants to be written a script for an antidepressant with awful side effects after a 4 minute chat with someone who was only half listening in the first place. Something they’ll likely continue to take for the rest of their lives. Also, every kid doesn’t have ADD.

End rant.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t have a bone to pick in this, but from what brief research I have done, it seems that Lyme and other tick borne illnesses are not as simple to diagnose as a blood test, and the test they do have are not always accurate for diagnosing it. This link comes straight from the testing lab:
http://blog.questdiagnostics.com/2018/05/lyme-disease-test-negative-what-then/ .
From what I gather, this doctor has helped someone close to Gene when other doctors couldn’t and that is why he was offering the fundraiser stone.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
It definitley puts me off. But this isn't the first controversy about him! But slowly things are adding up.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don’t have a bone to pick in this, but from what brief research I have done, it seems that Lyme and other tick borne illnesses are not as simple to diagnose as a blood test, and the test they do have are not always accurate for diagnosing it. This link comes straight from the testing lab:
http://blog.questdiagnostics.com/2018/05/lyme-disease-test-negative-what-then/ .
From what I gather, this doctor has helped someone close to Gene when other doctors couldn’t and that is why he was offering the fundraiser stone.

I thought it must be something like that and personally wouldn’t accuse Gene of any kind of unethical behavior, maybe just being uninformed. I get that Lyme disease is complicated and that there may be more to the story, but, according to the complaint, the guy was never even bitten by a tick that could potentially carry Lyme! Ruling out Lyme just can’t be any less complicated than that.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Earlier today - I paid a deposit to Peter Torraca for the last little bit of rough he has from the same boule @lovedogs new-to-her ring came from.
17B801C4-D9AF-4EF3-AC7F-BC700D57454B.jpeg
Fingers crossed there’s enough for a 7-8mm
version of this shape and facet pattern
56D7B077-3CCA-46A3-87C5-DFD6A7ACA453.jpeg

as I’m unsure newer acquisitions of ‘same’ color boule he has is indeed the same.
Fingers crossed!

I love mixed cut. One of my favourite cutter is Glenn Preus on instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/B2rxenmFcCy/

What is the length to width ratio you want for this stone?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love mixed cut. One of my favourite cutter is Glenn Preus on instagram. https://www.instagram.com/p/B2rxenmFcCy/

What is the length to width ratio you want for this stone?

Glenn Preus has some awesome skills!:love: What eye candy!

The remaining piece of rough shape may dictate much- but I really prefer very rounded Cushions The ratio of the GIA stone pictured is pretty fantastic as well.
Just know I don’t want anything too elongated

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Glenn Preus has some awesome skills!:love: What eye candy!

The remaining piece of rough shape may dictate much- but I really prefer very rounded Cushions The ratio of the GIA stone pictured is pretty fantastic as well.
Just know I don’t want anything too elongated

I love cushions in L/W ratio less than 1.2. Most American cutters I have asked do not want to do mixed cut. They think the brilliant cut pavilion is superior. I special request a cutter to round/ smooth the corners or girdles because I don’t like the shape corners on cushion. My cutter think I am odd because no other of his customer have this kind of request. I am glad you have found a cutter that is willing to do mixed cut

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love cushions in L/W ratio less than 1.2. Most American cutters I have asked do not want to do mixed cut. They think the brilliant cut pavilion is superior. I special request a cutter to round/ smooth the corners or girdles because I don’t like the shape corners on cushion. My cutter think I am odd because no other of his customer have this kind of request. I am glad you have found a cutter that is willing to do mixed cut

:eek2:
I’m wondering if I need to re-verify that don’t want splintery brilliant cut.
Hoping communication has been clear enough.
No jinx. No jinx. No jinx.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:eek2:
I’m wondering if I need to re-verify that don’t want splintery brilliant cut.
Hoping communication has been clear enough.
No jinx. No jinx. No jinx.

If you have not worked with him before, it is no harm to reconfirm with him

lindam1503

Shiny_Rock
Here are some he cut for me. His pictures:
DSC_0935_00001.jpg DSC_0928_00001.jpg DSC_0946_00001.jpg

My pictures:
20181107_103846.jpg 20190214_164328.jpg 20190214_164646.jpg

Are you happy with your stones? I'm not an expert (at all), but it looks to me like the pictures you were sent are quite a bit different from the pictures you took when you received your stones. What do you think? Thanks!

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
Are you happy with your stones? I'm not an expert (at all), but it looks to me like the pictures you were sent are quite a bit different from the pictures you took when you received your stones. What do you think? Thanks!

I would also like to know! I was actually thinking of purchasing from stag and finch.

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
Anyone know where I should look to find a very nice Lab Peachy pink tone kinda like padparadscha sapphire?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone know where I should look to find a very nice Lab Peachy pink tone kinda like padparadscha sapphire?
Gene had one recently!

Mamicee

Rough_Rock
Gene had one recently!

Where can I find Genes website? Sorry I’m still all new to this

EDIT ———
Found the website.. I can’t seem to find it, can you share a link of it please?

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Where can I find Genes website? Sorry I’m still all new to this

EDIT ———
Found the website.. I can’t seem to find it, can you share a link of it please?

he doesn't have any lab pads currently. if you sign up for his newsletter, he sends out emails for when he uploads new gemstones onto his website. however his stones go reeeealllly quickly (like within minutes sometimes lol) and i'm not sure when he'll have a lab pad next. might be worth a shot to email him

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I'm super excited. I can't wait to set this thing :D I picked up another stone from Scott and it came this weekend. I got on the OMC train when I saw him do his own version of it awhile back on his instagram. Just had to wait to purchase until last week. And now that I have seen it in person I think I'm gunning for another one from him for a pendant at a later date lol. He was great as usual.
Anyway. It's a 7m, medium blue, lab created spinel. Please pardon my fuzzies. 20190929_103855.jpg 20190929_110029.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm super excited. I can't wait to set this thing :D I picked up another stone from Scott and it came this weekend. I got on the OMC train when I saw him do his own version of it awhile back on his instagram. Just had to wait to purchase until last week. And now that I have seen it in person I think I'm gunning for another one from him for a pendant at a later date lol. He was great as usual.
Anyway. It's a 7m, medium blue, lab created spinel. Please pardon my fuzzies. 20190929_103855.jpg 20190929_110029.jpg
That’s really really pretty!:love:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Did anyone order a cushion YAG from Gene/Precision Gem recently and received a rhodolite instead? :P2

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did anyone order a cushion YAG from Gene/Precision Gem recently and received a rhodolite instead? :P2

Is the vendor not available / or not know the cause of product swap error?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Is the vendor not available / or not know the cause of product swap error?

His initial thoughts was that he had placed the right stone in the box/package to be sent out. Don’t think he will deliberately send out the wrong stone so I believe him but it would be easier if the other buyer confirms that she/he got the wrong stone as well.

Anyway I’ve sent more pics of the YAG over so fingers crossed it all works out. Just a bit troublesome since I’m in Asia and have already paid import duties on the rhodolite I’m supposed to have received.

Did anyone save a pic of the cushion YAG?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
His initial thoughts was that he had placed the right stone in the box/package to be sent out. Don’t think he will deliberately send out the wrong stone so I believe him but it would be easier if the other buyer confirms that she/he got the wrong stone as well.

Anyway I’ve sent more pics of the YAG over so fingers crossed it all works out. Just a bit troublesome since I’m in Asia and have already paid import duties on the rhodolite I’m supposed to have received.

Did anyone save a pic of the cushion YAG?
How frustrating for you!
I hope it gets straightened out quickly and painlessly.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
2E61487C-262D-43D7-A5C9-72516B3024BD.jpeg 9B3EA439-533C-4A52-8479-487F7C815CE3.jpeg

This one?

Thanks! Was really looking forward to the garnet so a bit disappointed but yeah hopefully gets resolved soon.

No it’s the batch after with these two stones (and no one posted that batch in PS). I only saved the pics for mine...

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade
I mean, im sorry that I guess he doesn’t want to proactively contact the individual he sold the YAG to?
Am i assuming incorrectly?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade
I mean, im sorry that I guess he doesn’t want to proactively contact the individual he sold the YAG to?

He’s out of the country but he responded to my initial email quite quickly. He didn’t mention anything about contacting the other buyer and neither did I.

He asked for more pics of the stone I got which is fair since i’d initially sent over a pretty lousy pic in bad lighting (since I only opened the package when I got home at night). I’ve since sent over better pics this morning so hopefully he’s convinced. I suppose it’s a fairly rare occurrence so understand his caution (especially after I read a thread re: online scammers) but I also figured no harm asking on PS since it seems like quite a few of his stones goes to PS-ers and if the other buyer also confirms getting the wrong stone then it’s easier right?

I didn’t film myself opening the package so I’ve no idea how else to prove that I got the wrong stone...

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@icy_jade

Ok he responded back =)2

He’s just reached out to the other buyer. He sent both parcels out on the same day and apparently the delivery reached the other buyer a few days ago...

He mentioned that we’ll work things out so ok I think should be good now

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m glad for you - just getting this far I’m sure is relief enough. (It’s not fun to ever feel like we should record ourselves opening packages :eek2:)
Hope it all continues smoothly!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results