shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored gem beauties (lab-created)

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
@chroman if you are thinking of just one stone I may have enough left over rough with Bryce to cut you a stone. The YAG is beautiful.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And where exactly did you get them? Inquiring minds want to know :shifty:
Screenshot_20190413-153448_Alibabacom.jpg Screenshot_20190413-153037_WeChat.jpg

Edit. Alibaba chat told me they didn't have the color I wanted. But the pics suggested they probay did, so I used we chat with much better results. That's how I ordered

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@chroman if you are thinking of just one stone I may have enough left over rough with Bryce to cut you a stone. The YAG is beautiful.
Actually, I’m interested in the rough itself. How much is left that you’d be willing to part with?

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not even close. Way too dark , not glowy or electric whatsoevr. It's nice for those who want darker, but 100% not what I like.
Sorry to hear that :(
Did you happen to get the # of it so I know what to avoid if I get bitten by the spinel bug?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear that :(
Did you happen to get the # of it so I know what to avoid if I get bitten by the spinel bug?
I don't, unfortunately. And it's by no means "ugly". It's just too dark for me bc I was looking for something specific.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the swiss blue is either the closest or is actually correct. Here are pics with my stone from Gene (which I think is the correct color, at least in my eyes), next to the swiss blue and Kashmir blue I got. I didn't specifically ask Gene what # of rough it was, but the swiss blue is almost identical in natural light, and only a bit different in artificial light (the middle pic, taken in our bedroom with shades closed so only the overhead light)
20190413_113052.jpg 20190413_112958.jpg
20190413_113027.jpg

I’d call that a win! The Swiss blue pretty spot on. :love:

What a great way to start your Saturday. They all look so lovely and bright. I really love the paraiba yag (of course) but that blue is incredibly eye catching! :cool2:

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Eek I feel like I won the lab CS lottery for under $100!

20190412_223223.jpg 20190412_223433.jpg 20190412_223139.jpg 20190412_223153.jpg 20190412_223145.jpg

Of course the box of blue is my favorite so it got more pics than the others :)

If anyone wants the light pink (morganite) or the "rose" color (next to the big blue spinel in the same box as the Ruby color), let me know! Happy to share them with ps members :)

These ones (circled below) also up for grabs. They are nanosital material, I think the color is tanzanite-ish?

20190412_223452.jpg
Oh my goodness! You did win the lab lottery! Those colors are amazing! The daylight photos are even better! :kiss2:

Let me know about the pinks! I’m interested!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness! You did win the lab lottery! Those colors are amazing! The daylight photos are even better! :kiss2:

Let me know about the pinks! I’m interested!
The morganite pinks or the "rose" pink? Both are yours if you want them! Both are corundrum (not yag or nano). Morganite is 8*8 cushion, rose is 9*9 cushion.

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The morganite pinks or the "rose" pink? Both are yours if you want them! Both are corundrum (not yag or nano). Morganite is 8*8 cushion, rose is 9*9 cushion.

Ooooo maybe both. They are gorgeous! I have a pink problem!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I am bad:whistle::whistle:

mmexport1554854048285.jpg IMG-20190408-WA0000.jpg

Am getting these samples of a million colore from alibaba vendors. @Rfisher if I find this elusive color I'll also help you break all morals :)
I only visit the Fabulous Fashion Jewelry forums from time to time, but @lovedogs you DID hit the jackpot! Looking forward to seeing how you'll set these. :roll2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only visit the Fabulous Fashion Jewelry forums from time to time, but @lovedogs you DID hit the jackpot! Looking forward to seeing how you'll set these. :roll2:
I honestly got these for a steal and mostly to see color. So most won't be set, but a few will! I'm happy to give to psers anything I don't keep!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Not going to lie, I’ve been lurking this thread and have hesitated commenting because I didn’t want to get alerts every time someone posted...but it’s too hard not to look away.... :???::love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well after all the excitement, it seems like this source can't actually do what I want. They were happy to send "samples" but when I request bigger sizes or specific shapes they say I need 20-50 pieces for an order :cry2::cry2::cry2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well after all the excitement, it seems like this source can't actually do what I want. They were happy to send "samples" but when I request bigger sizes or specific shapes they say I need 20-50 pieces for an order :cry2::cry2::cry2:

Oh no! Maybe a PS group order should be in the works. Are they open to different gems / cuts?

mdi

Shiny_Rock
girl i will legit take you up on that offer if you don't love but tbh... i'm positive you're gonna love it lol. be sure to post tons of pics though and setting ideas!

OK, so the good news first: it is GORGEOUS. The cut is so good and it sparkles like crazy in the sun.

The bad news? It's too big for me personally. I know the size queens (lol) are gonna make fun of me, but I just prefer a smaller center stone. I haven't even taken it out of the gem box cuz I know it's too big for me.

What do you think, @crystalinmke ? I believe it's around 2.7 - 2.8 carats. The original seller didn't know for sure because Gene cut it for her after she missed out on a slightly larger lab ruby he had posted to the website. I would be happy to send you all the information she sent me via email.

Here's an outdoor pic in bright sunlight and a pic in my car.

IMG_20190416_164934.jpg

mdi

Shiny_Rock
Sorry forgot to attach the second pic!
IMG_20190416_165102.jpg

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, if we can ID the material... :)

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
Actually, I’m interested in the rough itself. How much is left that you’d be willing to part with?

I'm not sure what is left, we bought an 80 gram piece so I would have started with about 20 g. I will have to ask Bryce how much is left. I will probably have about 5 g left over. If you want more than that we got it from Rusgems for $100.

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
@lovedogs did you figure out what number the ridiculous electric blue is? I bet you could contact another supplier if you know exactly what you're after.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock

Ugh that's super disappointing!! :( Are the prices reasonable for bigger ones? Just curious.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh that's super disappointing!! :( Are the prices reasonable for bigger ones? Just curious.
Doesn't matter whether stones are bigger vs smaller, they said the same. Even when I offered to pay extra. Now they are saying they "will try to see" if they can get it

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
OK, so the good news first: it is GORGEOUS. The cut is so good and it sparkles like crazy in the sun.

The bad news? It's too big for me personally. I know the size queens (lol) are gonna make fun of me, but I just prefer a smaller center stone. I haven't even taken it out of the gem box cuz I know it's too big for me.

What do you think, @crystalinmke ? I believe it's around 2.7 - 2.8 carats. The original seller didn't know for sure because Gene cut it for her after she missed out on a slightly larger lab ruby he had posted to the website. I would be happy to send you all the information she sent me via email.

Here's an outdoor pic in bright sunlight and a pic in my car.

IMG_20190416_164934.jpg

Hahaa i am definitely a size queen so i don't think thats too large at all. I'll post my info on loupetroop for you to contact me if you're interested in selling. it does look really nice but i'll ask: what is the color like? do you think it has pink in it or is it more of a blood red?

Reactions: mdi

mdi

Shiny_Rock
Hahaa i am definitely a size queen so i don't think thats too large at all. I'll post my info on loupetroop for you to contact me if you're interested in selling. it does look really nice but i'll ask: what is the color like? do you think it has pink in it or is it more of a blood red?

I don't see much pink at all, but I think it's closer to a stop-sign red in indoor light and definitely a darker "blood" red in sunlight. I am happy to open the case and send you more photos tomorrow, if you like. I'll shoot you an email either later tonight or early tomorrow.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs did you figure out what number the ridiculous electric blue is? I bet you could contact another supplier if you know exactly what you're after.

Well, if we can ID the material... :)

I know! I keep asking them but they don't answer. They are "trying to see" if they can source me anything. grrr.

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I will have to ask Bryce how much is left. I will probably have about 5 g left over. If you want more than that we got it from Rusgems for $100.
Yeah, I was eyeing the pieces rusgems has for a long time but was a little nervious because their listing said it had clairty issues. That and it was probably way more than I’d ever use. Unless someone else wants to split a piece ;-)

Do you have contact info on LT? We can take this offline..

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know! I keep asking them but they don't answer. They are "trying to see" if they can source me anything. grrr.
But you know its nano, right?

If you think it’s one of a handful of options, ping these folks see what they say. Send along your ref pics and the list..
https://www.ebay.com/str/nanosital

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I was eyeing the pieces rusgems has for a long time but was a little nervious because their listing said it had clairty issues. That and it was probably way more than I’d ever use. Unless someone else wants to split a piece ;-)

Do you have contact info on LT? We can take this offline..

I don't have anything on LT. If you do I can email you? Or @lovedogs has my email I think.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results