shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored gem beauties (lab-created)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
well look what was in my mailbox all weekend. i check it like 2x a week because it is usually just junkmail / bills / ads.....

sorry for the bad photos, will try to get some video later this week if anyone is curious. i think they look best in indirect sun & it's interesting the color turned out slightly different - the round a touch more greenish, the cushion a touch more bluish.

going to put feelers out for the cushion because, overspending.

round (hybrid cut)
pyag round1.JPG pyag round2.JPG

cushion (modified old mine cut)
pyag cushion1.JPG pyag cushion3.JPG

Attachments

• pyag cushion2.JPG
    pyag cushion2.JPG
    39.8 KB · Views: 31

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
well look what was in my mailbox all weekend. i check it like 2x a week because it is usually just junkmail / bills / ads.....

sorry for the bad photos, will try to get some video later this week if anyone is curious. i think they look best in indirect sun & it's interesting the color turned out slightly different - the round a touch more greenish, the cushion a touch more bluish.

round (hybrid cut)

So exciting! They look gorgeous :kiss2: I can't believe they were sat in the mailbox all weekend :lol-2:. Mine has shipped but I expect it will take a while to cross the Atlantic!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock

round (hybrid cut)

Super pretty!!! I would love to see more of both if you feel like taking more pictures!

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful. Do they actually look slightly different in color in real life?

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful. Do they actually look slightly different in color in real life?

yeah i thought it was just bryce's photos at first but there is a slight difference in how they reflect light. i think it's only noticeable side by side in certain light but the round looks just a tinge more greenish to me.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
loveeeeeee it!!!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

round (hybrid cut)

lol I feel this so much. Just put my Gene emerald for sale for the same reason (and because I was really wanting a blue/green rather than pure green).

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol I feel this so much. Just put my Gene emerald for sale for the same reason (and because I was really wanting a blue/green rather than pure green).

I bought a bunch of teeny tiny stones plus a pricey turquoise and something's gotta go. I think the cushion is actually the nicer looking of the two and maybe in a few months I'll get another one cut....

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, since I'm color incompetent, can someone help compare this blue that I want (from MSOPs stone) to this color chart I got from a Chinese vendor?

I think 113???
CCSpinel.jpg PT_blue_spinel_rough.jpg

I’d push some moral boundaries to have a largeish Yavorskyy-type cut in that same matierial as MSOP’s. Dang.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d push some moral boundaries to have a largeish Yavorskyy-type cut in that same matierial as MSOP’s. Dang.

I don't know if there are proprietary yavorskyy cuts but the cutter SouthernGent introduced us to shared a wiki full of open source cuts, you could probably find something with the look you are seeking!

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
I don't know if there are proprietary yavorskyy cuts but the cutter SouthernGent introduced us to shared a wiki full of open source cuts, you could probably find something with the look you are seeking!
And I will be glad to help push your moral boundaries if necessary. :lol:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I will be glad to help push your moral boundaries if necessary. :lol:

Awesome!
Does it help or hinder that I look like I’m Danny Devitos identical sister?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I contacted you thru LT!!

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am bad:whistle::whistle:

mmexport1554854048285.jpg IMG-20190408-WA0000.jpg

Am getting these samples of a million colore from alibaba vendors. @Rfisher if I find this elusive color I'll also help you break all morals :)
WOW! Yes keep us posted if you find "THE ONE".

I was going to post and ask if anyone had any good leads on light pinks...but it looks like the answer is "yes" :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Yes keep us posted if you find "THE ONE".

I was going to post and ask if anyone had any good leads on light pinks...but it looks like the answer is "yes" :lol:
Lol yup! If I don't use them for side stones you are welcome to them for the price of shipping. I just wanted to see colors of the Ruby and "pad". Bc I'm super weirdly picky about pink since I don't usually like it as a color.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Damn @lovedogs , you’ve been busy. :cool2: I can’t wait to hear what you thing of the paraiba colored YAG. I’m loving those bright pinks and light pinks too. :love:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Damn @lovedogs , you’ve been busy. :cool2: I can’t wait to hear what you thing of the paraiba colored YAG. I’m loving those bright pinks and light pinks too. :love:

I justify the alibaba purchases by the low price :) Still naughty, but less terrible than bigger stuff. All those stones cost less than $100! Not precision cutting or anything, but still amazing for me to use as side stones and/or figure out exactly what color I want and ask them to precision cut (if they can). :whistle::whistle:

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
@lovedogs those are great, I hope you find the right colour! I think the 4th blue from the bottom looks good. To me the 114 looks best too.

@MeowMeow I didn't realise anyone said that people didn't want precision cut lab stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results