shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored gem beauties (lab-created)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shoot! I just went for it. Clearly my self control flies out the window whenever paraiba color is involved. :wall:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: I didn’t get it. :cry: It’s probably for the best but I wanted it so...:cry2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update: I didn’t get it. :cry: It’s probably for the best but I wanted it so...:cry2:
Noooo! I'm going to email and ask if he has more. I don't actually need it. But I *neeeeeed* it!!!! :lol:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noooo! I'm going to email and ask if he has more. I don't actually need it. But I *neeeeeed* it!!!! :lol:

This is it exactly! :lol: I totally get it, which is why I waited 5 whole minutes before checking out. Guess I waited too long. :confused2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is it exactly! :lol: I totally get it, which is why I waited 5 whole minutes before checking out. Guess I waited too long. :confused2:
Dunno if I would have even made it 5 min! I honestly dont even know what I would do with this paraiba YAG. I have this insane idea to ask him for a matched pair and make side stones for my faceted moonstone. Is that totally nuts?? And if you don't think it's nuts, what's a good ratio for size of main stone to side stones?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*sob* he isn't taking on any more commissions bc so many requests came in. So no paraiba yag for me :cry2:

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
I know where there's a good chunk of Paraiba YAG rough that I can purchase. Anyone want to go in with me on a piece?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know where there's a good chunk of Paraiba YAG rough that I can purchase. Anyone want to go in with me on a piece?
I actually kind of do! Who would cut it? Scott?

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
lovedogs, e-mail me at tomanderson_nc(at)yahoo.com and we can discuss my thoughts. ;-)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs, e-mail me at tomanderson_nc(at)yahoo.com and we can discuss my thoughts. ;-)
Mods will delete this post bc we aren't allowed to share contact info, but I will shoot you a message!

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Gene isn’t taking on anymore commissions. Oh well!

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Looks like you sent me a message in time!

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
Oh that paraiba YAG is stunning! I want it I want it I want it! I am still on a stone buying ban though until everything is set. Plus Gene won't sell to me anyway, GDPR and all that. I still wants it though :confused2:

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
That paraiba is long gone. I think I'm going to purchase some lab rough YAG and having someone else cut it. I may even purchase a nice sized chunk of it and cut it into chunks myself and sell them. ;-)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HA! That's my synthetic spinel (although I sold it long ago)... here are some other photos:
RHR - Blue Spinel Stack.jpg PT_blue spinel_2.jpg RHR - Blue spinel.jpg
Gahhhh I love it so so so much . Sorry for not knowing it was yours!

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
That paraiba is long gone. I think I'm going to purchase some lab rough YAG and having someone else cut it. I may even purchase a nice sized chunk of it and cut it into chunks myself and sell them. ;-)

I am definitely up for getting some of that YAG rough. I can get a big stone and put in a cheap setting while I save up to set my actual paraiba! I may have just talked myself into that :whistle:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Interested in learning more if you're looking for more takers....!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
*sob* he isn't taking on any more commissions bc so many requests came in. So no paraiba yag for me :cry2:

Major bummer! :(sad I would have voted yes to using them as sides btw...because that color is gorgeous.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Interested in learning more if you're looking for more takers....!
Sure - the more people pitch in, the cheaper it will be for each of us. Drop me a line using my contact info I posted previously.

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
LRM_EXPORT_57387027104617_20190214_210439257.jpeg OK, guys and gals - I just placed the order for a chunk of rough big enough to open up a small jewelry store. Thanks to those who responded.

I cannot wait to see all the projects! I would’ve loved to have gotten a piece of this!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results