shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ltpowell

Rough_Rock
I'm in the market for a colored diamond. The color must be natural; I don't want anything treated. I am particularly interested in the champagne/cognac diamonds from Australia. I've checked out the Web sites of a couple of Australian dealers, and they look promising. Would I get a better deal from Australia than I would from a U.S. store? I'm sure the selection would be better, although there would be the disadvantage of not being able to see the stone before purchasing it. Also, if I bought from Australia, would I have to pay a hefty amount in duty?

If it turns out that I should do my shopping in the U.S., can someone recommend good, reputable dealers of colored diamonds? I live in the Detroit area but will be traveling to Washington D.C. in October, so I could look there. I also go to Chicago occasionally.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I doubt you will do better in Australia than USA on price (but loose diamonds haave no duty). Expect to pay less than half an H colored diamond of the same clarity

You should read my website under the pink diamond section, and avoid grey and greenish browns. Email us if you want a price, but as you note there will be no right of return.

www.preciousmetals.com.au

ltpowell

Rough_Rock
Your Web site (www.preciousmetals.com.au) happens to be one of the sites that I visited. I was impressed by the information provided about colored diamonds as well as the selection of available stones. Can you provide pictures of specific stones that I might be interested in?

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Try www.icestore.com in Los Angeles. They always have a good range of colored diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results