Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ltpowell

Rough_Rock
I'm in the market for a colored diamond. The color must be natural; I don't want anything treated. I am particularly interested in the champagne/cognac diamonds from Australia. I've checked out the Web sites of a couple of Australian dealers, and they look promising. Would I get a better deal from Australia than I would from a U.S. store? I'm sure the selection would be better, although there would be the disadvantage of not being able to see the stone before purchasing it. Also, if I bought from Australia, would I have to pay a hefty amount in duty?

If it turns out that I should do my shopping in the U.S., can someone recommend good, reputable dealers of colored diamonds? I live in the Detroit area but will be traveling to Washington D.C. in October, so I could look there. I also go to Chicago occasionally.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I doubt you will do better in Australia than USA on price (but loose diamonds haave no duty). Expect to pay less than half an H colored diamond of the same clarity

You should read my website under the pink diamond section, and avoid grey and greenish browns. Email us if you want a price, but as you note there will be no right of return.

www.preciousmetals.com.au

ltpowell

Rough_Rock
Your Web site (www.preciousmetals.com.au) happens to be one of the sites that I visited. I was impressed by the information provided about colored diamonds as well as the selection of available stones. Can you provide pictures of specific stones that I might be interested in?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Reset Heirloom Engagement Ring
    Reset Heirloom Engagement Ring
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    What is PriceScope?
    What is PriceScope?

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.